Any hope for this painting?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Bought for $1 at a thrift store a decade ago, mostly to piss my wife off. Now it's my favorite and only lamp.

PXL_20201117_161525996.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Those Tiffany Lamps are dated. I'm usually one for traditional art but I'd want something more modern than that.
also makes you wonder, if that lamp is so valuable, why did they stop making them? none of that is made from rare gems or materials. its just a fucking lamp from the 1920s.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
also makes you wonder, if that lamp is so valuable, why did they stop making them? none of that is made from rare gems or materials. its just a fucking lamp from the 1920s.

I'm sure they are so valuable BECAUSE they stopped making them. I've been to the Morse Museum in Winter Park, FL, and they have a bunch of stuff from the home of the Tiffany family, and show how the stained glass process is done.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm sure they are so valuable BECAUSE they stopped making them. I've been to the Morse Museum in Winter Park, FL, and they have a bunch of stuff from the home of the Tiffany family, and show how the stained glass process is done.
yep, its a contrived value. sort of like how Debeers controls the amount of diamonds released into the world for fear of deflation of value. either way, its still just a fancy lamp that many companies made knockoffs of.

• 1Picard
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
yep, its a contrived value. sort of like how Debeers controls the amount of diamonds released into the world for fear of deflation of value. either way, its still just a fancy lamp that many companies made knockoffs of.

Yeah, I heard a radio commercial for a jewelry store, like International Diamond Center or something, and he says he has over 50k diamonds to choose from. Really puts things into perspective on rarity haha

Caliane

yeah, if the lamps were any good, they would bring Louis back from the dead, and have him just auto-cad up the design so they could mass produce it.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
yeah, if the lamps were any good, they would bring Louis back from the dead, and have him just auto-cad up the design so they could mass produce it.

I wonder if he went by "Comfort" ever. What a weird middle name.

Szlia

This reminds me of this sophism : All that's rare is expensive. A cheap horse is rare. A cheap horse is therefore expensive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This reminds me of this sophism : All that's rare is expensive. A cheap horse is rare. A cheap horse is therefore expensive.
In my experience, a cheap horse is usually an asshole.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Because people want nice even lighting, not a dingy old persons home because the coloured glass is dimming the light.

I think that lampshades in general are dated as lightbulbs are better quality now and don't burn out your retinas, all the lightning in my flat is exposed bulbs with the fitting itself being decorated.