Any hope for this painting?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
497.png

k0IGUXx.jpg

• 29Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 32 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Best thread in a while. @Falxy-US cane we get a pic of your current basement wall? And where this would go? Someone can shoop this masterpiece onto the wall for you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This was great, thanks for sharing it with us!

Also, I am far too lazy to google what "gessoing" is, but I'm assuming it is some sort of paint stripper that basically completely wipes the canvas clean? If so, does that shit work on other stuff?? It sounds like a magical substance that should be in every household. I mean, if it can wipe paint off that easily, imagine how much better it would work on sticky price tag residue than simple lighter fluid!

• 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
This thread makes me feel like I'm the only person here that when they see a piece of artwork they like will just grab it off the internet and have it printed professionnally..

And no I'm not printing that piece of crap.

On a side note, if you're willing to fork over several hundred bucks for a mediocre result, I'd recommend instead you paint your own. It will probably look like shit but at least you'll be half proud of it and you'll spend a fraction of that on supplies. And there's always a chance you can improve!

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

Also, I am far too lazy to google what "gessoing" is, but I'm assuming it is some sort of paint stripper that basically completely wipes the canvas clean? If so, does that shit work on other stuff?? It sounds like a magical substance that should be in every household. I mean, if it can wipe paint off that easily, imagine how much better it would work on sticky price tag residue than simple lighter fluid!
a good canvas (what you paint on) costs $$$, so yea you want it back and primed for the next guy.

• 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider

It doesn't wipe the canvas clean, it just covers the previous painting with a new primer layer so you can start over..

He could pay $5000 to have Gal Gadot's perfect ass painted in hyper-realism on this canvas, but deep down he'll always know Rocket Retard and Potatoot are lurking just beneath the surface, silently judging him.

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Regarding the painting and paying for it: I showed him pics of what I was wanting, like this

View attachment 292458View attachment 292459View attachment 292461View attachment 292460

So he said that he didn't want to rip off an artist, so what he ended up doing was finding some nerd statue thing of rocket on groot, then he took a pic of it at that angle and started with that.
maybe this... jesus christ i can't look at more groot and rocket models, while comparing to that shitty commission
111.png

notice groots arms and hands aren't in the pic, just like the commission horror show... yes it's flip horizontal, b/c this is how retards on the internet believe they can "legally steal" w/o infringing on copyright.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
The more I look at it the more it reminds me of those chinese knockoffs that mix various franchises, like RobertCop or Superbatman.

I bet in a couple weeks you can find on Aliexpress the action figures for Rifle Badger and Treebird.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
maybe this... jesus christ i can't look at more groot and rocket models, while comparing to that shitty commission
View attachment 292510

notice groots arms and hands aren't in the pic, just like the commission horror show... yes it's flip horizontal, b/c this is how retards on the internet believe they can "legally steal" w/o infringing on copyright.
xm-studios-rocket-groot-statue.jpg

I think it was possibly this one? See how his arm is back, but in the painting it looks amputated. And of course like you said it's flipped/mirrored.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
View attachment 292512

I think it was possibly this one? See how his arm is back, but in the painting it looks amputated. And of course like you said it's flipped/mirrored.

Definitely this one, only he changed the background, facial expressions, postures, outfits, poses, weapon stances, proportions, body details and colors.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
He wrote back:

This is why I didn’t want to send you another pic. I’ll just gesso it and you can have your canvas back. I’ve already put more time into this than what I’m charging you for. You’re welcome to see it in person to look at the painting. You can let me know whether you’d like me to continue on or gesso over it.

the fact he instantly gives up and doesn't even try to say it will look way better means he knows its shit

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
anyone in here with good disposable income tells me they haven't spent 500 on some dumb shit then I know who the liar is

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users