Any hope for this painting?

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Honestly which part of the painting is worse? Groot or Rocket? I think Rocket. It looks like a stuffed animal, the body looks so retarded, its just unbelievable.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I mean, I'm not about to judge someone for what they blow their (presumably) disposable income on. 500$ for fanart commission seems steep, but the fuck do I know about artist commissions?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
View attachment 292512

I think it was possibly this one? See how his arm is back, but in the painting it looks amputated. And of course like you said it's flipped/mirrored.
thats 2010 comic rocket and groot tho, with rocket wearing the og kree uniform, not mcu rocket and groot

also, theres no way he could pull off painting that uniform lulz

also groot doesn't look like homer

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
And Groots chest is made out of plates of bark, that looks like a turtle's chest. And honestly the nose looks like a ninja turtles nose, lol. It's just terrible.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
And Groots chest is made out of plates of bark, that looks like a turtle's chest. And honestly the nose looks like a ninja turtles nose, lol. It's just terrible.
sounds like an awesome crossover
ec13173e41b3703b1ed7021104b9af0f.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
At first I was willing to give the artist a chance, but his reply confirms it's always going to be shit.
The background looks pretty good but the characters are ass. The composition sucks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Fucking bad right?

At first I was willing to give the artist a chance, but his reply confirms it's always going to be shit.
The background looks pretty good but the characters are ass. The composition sucks.

I agree some of the space background stuff looks neat. But if hes doing that detail it makes me think the painting is pretty far along. It's actually funny bc like I said that canvas was a previously bad painting I commissioned and he gesso'ed over it to paint this abomination. On the left lower part, there's this white line that looks like a female body sitting there, that's the old painting coming through, it's on the right side of canvas too.

This canvas is cursed, he can have it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Got a local art guy to paint rocket and groot. He sent me this as a progress pic. Is there any hope for this? Or is this shit? Please be honest. Fee is somewhere around $500. What do you think?

Art grows on you and is more about starting a conversation than being something, so I'd keep it and show it off. In terms of value you got raped, but people have been ripped off way, way, way worse than you when it comes to art, so be sure to have a list of those occurrences memorized.

I've probably commissioned the most art on this forum by a long stretch. Personally, I'd place the value of that around 40-50$ just because of the paint used. Artistically I'd pay maybe 10-15$ if it was digital. I have a bastek and plescow painting that I spent way less on to give you an idea. The second even specifically commissioned. Example of work attached:

d6d3bnh-f6af2000-8325-49df-a5ea-d89f90fcbbbb.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Art grows on you and is more about starting a conversation than being something, so I'd keep it and show it off. In terms of value you got raped, but people have been ripped off way, way, way worse than you when it comes to art, so be sure to have a list of those occurrences memorized.

I'd place the value of that around 40-50$ just because of the paint used. Artistically I'd pay maybe 10-15$ if it was digital. I have a bastek and plescow painting that I spent way less on to give you an idea. The second even specifically commissioned. Example of work attached:

That's fucking insanely awesome. I love that!! You got that painted??

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
That's fucking insanely awesome. I love that!! You got that painted??

No, but I have a private painting from her. I believe she stopped doing art a few years ago, but there's plenty of other artists out there.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Art grows on you and is more about starting a conversation than being something, so I'd keep it and show it off.
what meaningful conversation is to be had, sitting down in a lazyboy in this room?
444.png

"yo, @Falxy-US , this room is cool and all, and i see exactly the point that you stopped giving a shit"

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
anyone in here with good disposable income tells me they haven't spent 500 on some dumb shit then I know who the liar is
The ~$500 purchase I made that I felt dumbest making was a single bitcoin. She's at $11.5k now though.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't know that you should pay $500, but you've gotta pay something. If you agreed to $500 and this art is commensurate with what the artist typically does, suck it up and pay it.

Frankly I don't know why anyone would commission a custom painting for something as pedestrian as a popular Marvel character. This isn't an idea you had that you needed someone with talent to bring to life, it's a cliche pop-culture piece you could just grab for a few bucks just about anywhere.