Apex Legends new free to play battle royale game from Respawn

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can't just build your way out of getting shot or to heal/armor up :p Why I could never get into fornite too much reliance on being able to just spam structures like your on speed. I'm fine with base building games, but obviously I found out I don't like just spaz building mid pvp.
I want to say you can tell you're fighting a Fortnite player when all they do is jump around while using a shotgun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So my favorite guns in order are effectiveness are (not acounting Orange shotgun/sniper)

1. Longbow
2. Peacekeeper
3. Wingman
3. R301/VK
5. Triple threat (really like using this more like a DMR then a sniper. But with the choke its really good as a sniper too.
6. Devotion (especially with the spool up attachment. This thing has the lowest TTK of any auto if you can get shots on target)
7. Alternator/R45 (probably best close up autos for me)

I've also been having a lot of fun and luck playing robot dude. His grappling takes a little to get used to but when you learn you can swing left or right and also have momentum he becomes the most mobile character out there. Most the characters I think are pretty balanced. I think Mirage/Toxic are in heavy need of buffs.

Most fun team comps

Robot/Wraith/Healer chick
-can drop supply drops with exit strats if teams run up on you
Bangalore/Scout guy/Wraith
-Smoke + Scout ult is stupid strong. Wraith can setup flank portals.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I can't figure out what Bloodhound's Q ability actually does. Even when I pop it with enemies near by I don't see any silhouettes or anything showing me someone is close, even though they are firing 1 building over.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I can't figure out what Bloodhound's Q ability actually does. Even when I pop it with enemies near by I don't see any silhouettes or anything showing me someone is close, even though they are firing 1 building over.

I suck but i've played him a little and if there are enemies "near" when you pop Q it creates a silhouette of where they were when you clicked it. Also it makes the little tracking boxes pop up with a "timer" around them so you can see how recent they were there/how fresh they are. (i think)

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea bloodhound's Q isn't what makes him strong. His passive and ult are really where he shines. The biggest problem with Q is it gives away your position. Also I find the silhouettes obscure my view more then help me out.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
They did a pretty piss poor job explaining all the nuances of the game. It thought the training mode would let me pick different chars and try abilities and what not and explain them better.

Cybsled

Ya I agree on Mirage/Toxic needing buffs

1) His ult and decoys might work better if the decoys fired weapons/made it hard to tell it was a fake (the firing weapons does no damage, of course). Kind of like Total Recall "Ha ha ha, you think this is the real Quaid? It is *BRRTTTTT*". If they made that change, it would differentiate him a lot more from Wraith and make him a much more viable pick.

2) Toxic's gas doesn't do enough damage or debuff enough to act as a deterrent. Unless a player has no HP or is trapped in a tiny room, it's low risk to rush the gas and take out the Toxic or whatever else. If they buffed the potency of the gas, either to do more damage or disorient you more, it would e more effective. Maybe also apply a debuff so Toxic can see the players for a period of time after they leave the gas cloud, making its tactical use much better (esp for the proximity mine cannisters).

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yea bloodhound's Q isn't what makes him strong. His passive and ult are really where he shines. The biggest problem with Q is it gives away your position. Also I find the silhouettes obscure my view more then help me out.
Yeah, I've been playing him almost exclusively and I've decided the Q is actually a harmful ability for me if I use it.

It obscures my own vision a bunch with shit that already happened. That's not useful.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I had a good few days with the peacekeeper but then the servers started going full overwatch. Lots of hits just don't register. I am experimenting with various stuff but I'm no longer able to just mow people down.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I've been playing him almost exclusively and I've decided the Q is actually a harmful ability for me if I use it.

It obscures my own vision a bunch with shit that already happened. That's not useful.

Only good uses I've had it for momentary wall hack when I really need to know if say they went L vs right or stayed back while I need to rez someone or something. But yeah I dont put his abilities too good use. Always almost scared to pop his ult too early and burn it. The one time I did use it, seemed like I wasn't getting very good visual on the enemy anyways.

So far I seem to really only play medic or a mix of blood/robot. I want to try playing Bangalore more but I feel I'd be counter productive with smoke. (Also if you tap q anyway to put launcher away? I found accidentally ulting I can swap to a weapon to cancel but not smoke)

Hawaiian I'd say seems lackluster. Brief respites from his dome, but I've noticed how slow he is when theyve tried charging me, the arm shield when I'm sniping at least drops quick. If it wasn't for speed drop I'd say it's fine.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya I agree on Mirage/Toxic needing buffs

1) His ult and decoys might work better if the decoys fired weapons/made it hard to tell it was a fake (the firing weapons does no damage, of course). Kind of like Total Recall "Ha ha ha, you think this is the real Quaid? It is *BRRTTTTT*". If they made that change, it would differentiate him a lot more from Wraith and make him a much more viable pick.

2) Toxic's gas doesn't do enough damage or debuff enough to act as a deterrent. Unless a player has no HP or is trapped in a tiny room, it's low risk to rush the gas and take out the Toxic or whatever else. If they buffed the potency of the gas, either to do more damage or disorient you more, it would e more effective. Maybe also apply a debuff so Toxic can see the players for a period of time after they leave the gas cloud, making its tactical use much better (esp for the proximity mine cannisters).
Gas should do more than just damage, add a disorient effect to it and I think it would stop ppl from just rushing through.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It does. Toxic gas does damage, obscures enemy vision, and prevents ANYONE inside (including teammates) from sprinting. Toxic gas grenade + Bloodhound beast mode + Fatty Orbital = squad wipe.

Cybsled

It does do damage, but it is minor and the vision obscure, while noticeable, still lets you fight back easily.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
god maybe I was wrong in making fun of this since most BRs tank after a few weeks, will have to wait, but if EA actually publishes a game that ends up competing with fortnite and makes them billions i'm going to be seriously rustled cause fuck EA

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Shits being dumb today if I alt tab for a few minutes, it doesnt want to reload/reconnect and just hangs on loading so I have to alt f4 out.

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
I cant even get past the loading screen. Although I had a few great games today

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been a shit show all night. Can't get in all night. Even hopping around to different datacenters doesn't work