Apex Legends new free to play battle royale game from Respawn

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm fucking terrible at these games

Same. Not a big fan of the BR stuff. I know it's insanely popular right now so the majority thinks I'm wrong, but I don't like running around looting stuff for 5-10 minutes, then finding a fight where I'm sniped by someone hiding in a corner. Same reason I hated H1Z1 (besides the shitty programming)

This game seems solid though, and everything just works. I guess I just don't enjoy this gamestyle as much as something like Planetside 2 where battles are constant, and you respawn so it's easy to learn and improve.

Tutorial did not prepare me at all, I have no idea what the specials, Zs Qs and whatever the other classes do.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I guess I'm getting old, I have problem registering players on most games. Earlier we got into a firefight and a thermite grenade went off between us, I couldn't even see through it but they were lighting me up.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah it sucks that you basically have to throw a few games in order to learn how your abilities work.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This is me when i play these types of games now.

tumblr_lz376laNSq1qaygy7o1_500.jpg

• 6Solidarity
  • 5Worf
  • 5Like
Reactions: 16 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I guess I'm getting old, I have problem registering players on most games. Earlier we got into a firefight and a thermite grenade went off between us, I couldn't even see through it but they were lighting me up.
Turning off AA helps.

• 1Solidarity

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I wish you could turn off icons in this game. I just had an incident where I couldn't see the person because somebody had marked an item

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Think it was just blind fire. Also down that corridor, there were windows on the sides, there was one essentially around the corner firing from another window into the window in our tunnel way.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There's a Threat Optics scope for Shotgun, SMG and Pistol I think. Insane combo with smoke or fire.

• 1Like

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
In case anyone was curious, a airdrop either through lifeline or the game itself, will kill you if it lands on you. And its instant death, no revive.

• 2Worf
  • 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I think i got everyone who threw out their origin accounts, if i missed anyone throw me an invite AsleepDanzZz

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Actually saw someone use Robots grappling hook to draw an enemy player to them for the kill.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Fuck Peacekeepers. The entire end game is just Peacekeeper rushing. Hope it's nerfed within the week. This is the fucking MOG all over again. 2ish wins tonight. Got 3rd partied a billion fucking times. At this point I just accept it.

This fight, I'm not exaggerating, lasted over 5 and a half minutes. I checked the timestamps. And then? Well. I already knew:

Robot guy is fun when I'm not trying. Just getting to crazy places. I got up on the piping on the Bunker wall and just sat there watching everyone. Did some good shit. You can throw grenades foreeevvvvverrrr:

Then we enacted our devious plan:

The game may also still have SOME bugs. Who can tell?

But honestly the more I play the more I like every weapon. Except the Mozambique and the Peacekeeper. The Moz is just like they forgot a 0 on the damage numbers or something. The Peacekeeper is too powerful. Fun fact, it's about 10% less damage per hit than the Kraber. Yes. The air drop sniper does slightly more damage than a fucking shotgun you can find anywhere. You can two-shot people with 200 hp. That's fucked. It needs to do damage closer to the Longbow, like 65 damage so you can't QUITE 3 shot a 200 hp person. Maybe let the choke increase the damage by 25% or something.

• 1Like

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I mean it makes sense. You gear is in your box where you died and is probably half looted at least. I actually like that death is not necessarily game over, I literally just finished a game where my 2 partners died, I snuck around the base and came back to their corpse(long after killers had looted and moved on), grabbed beacon, ran to a spawn away from the action, they re-looted in a town and we won.
This. I actually had a game similar to this except I was the dead guy and the another was dead and quit the game. The last guy on my squad was able to kill someone, avoid getting killed, grabbed my banner and turn it in. I respawn and loot the dead guys box, fight off a few more attacker barely surviving. Fast forward and we ended up winning the game as a two man. Felt good.

Side note: The burst smg, prowler I think, melts faces once you get the full auto attachment and extended mag.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I find myself liking the game but my biggest issue is tracking targets. To me the character models blend in with the environment a bit too well. Had a game where my squad was trying to get to circle and another squad was camped in some structure. Literally as soon as I peak they light me up yet I could barely tell where they were within the metal structure. I might be too old for this. Contrast between character models and everything else is so poor.

I am a fan of the responsiveness, graphics and music. The drop music pumps you up. There's no fall damage, right? I like that, and the auto climbing and the crouch sliding are awesome features too. Also great ping system.

I dislike the loot system. I wish we didn't need to worry about attachments and shit. I usually have no idea what i need. I definitely prefer the MOBA/OW or fortnite systems for weapons/abilities. Keep it simple and easy to digest.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Attachments I think are needed because you need a way to progress power during the game.

Besides, the attachment system is good in this. Auto swaps on gun replacement, lets you know if it is better than what you have, etc

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Am having somewhat of a good
time. I not 100 pct on board with special abilities in a br but i can see why people like it. My main issue, like with pubg before that, is too often do you up searching a structure after a drop to find zero weapons in it. Being 30 seconds after a drop with only your fists as a weapon is beyond retarded. Its not skillfull its random luck and i hate randomness in BR. RoE fixed that. Blackout fixed that to some extent. Clearing 3 structures and coming out with a pistol is lame and bad gameplay.

Last edited: