Apex Legends new free to play battle royale game from Respawn

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Probably - I'm pretty sure the mastiff is just worse than a peacekeeper.

Supply drops in general (aside from medic freebies) are mostly a trap anyway. Gold backpacks are about the only reward that makes the risk even remotely worth it. Neither of the guns are good enough to justify the likelihood of dying trying to loot one, and the chance it's full of some nonsense 1x threat detector site and some shield batteries are really high.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Probably - I'm pretty sure the mastiff is just worse than a peacekeeper.

Supply drops in general (aside from medic freebies) are mostly a trap anyway. Gold backpacks are about the only reward that makes the risk even remotely worth it. Neither of the guns are good enough to justify the likelihood of dying trying to loot one, and the chance it's full of some nonsense 1x threat detector site and some shield batteries are really high.

This is incorrect. Mastiff can easily win the game itself. The Krieber is amazing when you're in the shit with squad v squad v squad and people are using ranged and taking long shots standing still. It is much less effective 1v1 when it's rush time. That's when the Mastiff has no equal. The choked Peacekeeper is good and the scrub staple right now, but the Mastiff just outclasses it. You can one shot people in full hp from like 30 feet. It's fucked.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
robbed.png

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot

At least it wasn't only 2 squads left!

Also people are starting to play a lot more passively it seemed like as the day went on yesterday. You could see the last 2 squads trying to find eachother in a fairly large circle early on. Later we'd have a tiny circle and there'd still be 5 squads alive. It got kinda frustrating trying to figure out what was going on, then suddenly 3+ squads are going at it and you wonder what they were doing other than waiting ONLY to third party a fight.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
25 million players. 2m concurrent.

An Update on Apex Legends from Vince Zampella

Upcoming:
  • First up, the Twitch Rivals Apex Legends Challenge. Sponsored by our friends at Twitch, the Rivals Apex Legends Challenge will take place this Tuesday the 12th and next Tuesday the 19th, with 48 of the biggest streamers on Twitch competing live in Apex Legends. We’ll be co-streaming all the action from our Apex Legends Twitch channel here:www.twitch.tv/playapex.
  • Then, later this week we’ll be celebrating Valentine’s Day by introducing some limited-time Valentine’s Day themed loot, so all you (Apex Legends) lovers out there keep your eyes open.
  • Don’t forget, Season One kicks off in March, introducing the debut of our Battle Pass as well as new Legends, weapons, loot, and more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Had my best game last night with Derpa Derpa and a friend, Derpa and I were nearing double digit kills then we got shit on by another team.

It really seems like bum-rushing a team or individual player is the absolute best strategy in this game. Due to the TTK it's very easy to overwhelm an individual, rinse and repeat. Sticking together seems paramount in this game compared to PUBG/ROE.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I know he played a ton of closed beta but it's insane how good shroud is at this game. Just mind bottling.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This is incorrect. Mastiff can easily win the game itself. The Krieber is amazing when you're in the shit with squad v squad v squad and people are using ranged and taking long shots standing still. It is much less effective 1v1 when it's rush time. That's when the Mastiff has no equal. The choked Peacekeeper is good and the scrub staple right now, but the Mastiff just outclasses it. You can one shot people in full hp from like 30 feet. It's fucked.
Have only seen it once but my experience was such wide spread in a horizontal line means many of the pellets are missing? So felt like you gotta be point blank?

Kraber would be fine if but for that Gigantic bolt throw plus descoping between shots. Even if slow rof, would be tolerable not losing sight picture. :/. Shame since I like slower rof thump thump heavy hitters.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Had my best game last night with Derpa Derpa and a friend, Derpa and I were nearing double digit kills then we got shit on by another team.

It really seems like bum-rushing a team or individual player is the absolute best strategy in this game. Due to the TTK it's very easy to overwhelm an individual, rinse and repeat. Sticking together seems paramount in this game compared to PUBG/ROE.
Almost like calling targets in eve.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Totally agree with Hekotat Hekotat on the coordinated bum rush attacks.

My buddy and I are looking for a third to play with tonight if anyone is interested.

Origin name: jeydax18

Xevy

Log Wizard
The game has stages. The beginning 20-15 squads is just a fuck fest of close-mid range combat. Then the 10-5 squad is almost all long range until some one gets picked and it's rush fest. 5 and below squads is just poaching whoever was dumb enough to start a fight. 3 and less squads is just Ult management, grenade spam, and shotgun rushes. They really need to change it up somehow. Gibraltar is supposed to be a theoretical counter as well as Bangalore, but Gibraltar's ult is just Thunder Dome. It says "Hey, come IN and shotgun me and my teammates can't help!". Bangalores smoke would be great except Bloodhound's ult negates it which is fine for a single class counter, EXCEPT that by that point in the game people PROBABLY have the incredibly easy to attain thermal 1x for their shotgun. So the smoke is just making it an even more one sided fight as you yourself can't see shit. Fart man's gas is awful because it prevents your team from sprinting so you're all sitting targets. They really need a "beat drop" type support ult that gives you a big hp/armor buffer so all these fucks who are caught reloading their Peackeepers can get dicked on by mid range weapons while they're reloading.

I think Wingman is almost as good as Peacekeeper, but I fucking suck with it at the moment so I can't say. I can destroy people with the peacekeeper and I've always been average at worst with shotguns in BRs. Pretty sure Wingman with Skullpiercer is going to be meta after Peacekeeper gets the nerf.

It's interesting watching all the streamers all prefer vastly different ARs/SMGs though. A lot of love for the RE-301, but a lot of Hemlock and Flatline fans too. The SMG crowd seems to be split between a modded Prowler and the R99. I honestly don't like any of the SMGs unless I have a blue+ mag for them. Nothing like unloading a full hot load into some one and having barely broken their armor. Then praying they don't have a Peacekeeper while you stare them down and reload.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
25 million players. 2m concurrent.

An Update on Apex Legends from Vince Zampella

Upcoming:
  • First up, the Twitch Rivals Apex Legends Challenge. Sponsored by our friends at Twitch, the Rivals Apex Legends Challenge will take place this Tuesday the 12th and next Tuesday the 19th, with 48 of the biggest streamers on Twitch competing live in Apex Legends. We’ll be co-streaming all the action from our Apex Legends Twitch channel here:www.twitch.tv/playapex.
  • Then, later this week we’ll be celebrating Valentine’s Day by introducing some limited-time Valentine’s Day themed loot, so all you (Apex Legends) lovers out there keep your eyes open.
  • Don’t forget, Season One kicks off in March, introducing the debut of our Battle Pass as well as new Legends, weapons, loot, and more.

Funny to think this came right when EA started falling apart. The timing is incredible. Let's see if they can keep things going like Epic did with Fortnite

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Funny to think this came right when EA started falling apart. The timing is incredible. Let's see if they can keep things going like Epic did with Fortnite

i'm enjoying watching the streamers play it but I secretly want it to die off in a few weeks like most BRs just cause it's ea

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Origin is BrandowithKids. Yeah not sure what I was thinking. Will go back through the thread and send out some invites.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love the ninja star grenades. I killed someone by directly hitting them with one(no explosion), maybe they were super low. I keep trying to stick a player with one to see if it acts like a sticky grenade from halo.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know he played a ton of closed beta but it's insane how good shroud is at this game. Just mind bottling.
I've got to imagine he'll be done with the game soon. I can't imagine he's enjoying just shitting over everyone else.

Like, right now he's only using the Wingman just to see if he can. And he's...shitting all over everyone with it. Even from like 300 meters away. Where's the fun in that? And how much longer can he possibly do that before people get bored?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I've got to imagine he'll be done with the game soon. I can't imagine he's enjoying just shitting over everyone else.

Like, right now he's only using the Wingman just to see if he can. And he's...shitting all over everyone with it. Even from like 300 meters away. Where's the fun in that? And how much longer can he possibly do that before people get bored?

I was thinking the exact same thing, he's gonna get bored