Apex Legends new free to play battle royale game from Respawn

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Think I added every Origin name I saw but that's only like 10 people, way more than that are posting here.

I'm BrandowithKids, would like some more people to play with.

Edit: And yeah this game is pretty damn fun. Got a Mastiff yesterday for the first time, thought it was pretty badass even with no attachments. Probably my preferred setup so far is a R-99 or R-301 and a Peacekeeper or Wingman. Have barely touched the LMG's though.
The gold tier weapons don't have attachments, they just come as they are.

Xevy

Log Wizard
My initial reactions were that the guns were all unbalanced and there were like 3 "good" guns. I've been watching a lot of streamers and they're testing out all the guns as well as I have been on my own. Turns out there's like 2ish AWFUL guns, 2ish guns that are desperation mode over the other two, then almost all the other guns have their strongpoints. Mozambique/Auto Pistol suck dick. Alternator/P20 aren't great, but I'd take them over the latter two. Everything else is definitely usable. I'd say the longbow may need adjustments, but with skull piercer if you can magically get a headshot past 100m you're doing big damage. The 1 second fire rate is complete shit though. You're better off shooting the Scout 3x in the same amount of time. R301 is a very solid weapon, but I've seen people move into select-fire Prowlers and R99's with great success. And Spitfire is like the all-around weapon. I watch people who main Spitfire/Shotgun a lot. Spitfire with a 2-4x as it's velocity is really good and you can do decently at range with it, then shotgun for rushing. Then when you're out of shotgun shells in your gun? Switch back to Spitfire and hipfire!

Peacekeeper's are still pretty dumb. I watched some of the better players (Grimmmz, MoonMoon lul, and Shroud) get wiped by people with Peacekeepers. TTK is just too fast comparatively. You've got a weapon that one shots fresh spawns and two shots anyone else in the game. The only other weapons that can do that are a Krieber, Mastiff, and Longbow WITH kit, WITH a headshot. Bangalore/Wraith with a fucking Peacekeeper are just too easy. Zip around with your extra fast soldier lady or your tiny naruto girl and blast people until you manage to kill them. They just need to lower the damage to 70ish with a full shot instead of 110 and it'd be more manageable. They'd have to turn down the EVA as it does about that much damage but much MUCH faster, but they could easily rectify it by letting the Peacekeeper keep their mid-range precision and making EVA spread bad after 15m or whatever.

Basically besides the Mozambique and one or both of the light pistols, I think guns are in a decent place. Nerf Peacekeeper, fix Longbow, and we're set. The mid range guns like R99/301/Hemlock are all very viable still. I understand them not wanting this to be a sniper game like PUBG became, but the Longbow is just fucking rough. Maybe make it .75 second or increase the damage to 70 with a body hit, but 55 damage every second is bottom tier. The fucking Mozambique can put out more.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, The peacekeeper is definitely the first gun that is going to get nerfed. I was watching moon's stream before work today and Lassiz just got wrecked by one even though he was a good distance away from the enemy. It's pretty dumb for a shotty to have such a huge effective range on it. Fortnite and I think PUBG also had the same problem with shotguns when they first launched.

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
My initial reactions were that the guns were all unbalanced and there were like 3 "good" guns. I've been watching a lot of streamers and they're testing out all the guns as well as I have been on my own. Turns out there's like 2ish AWFUL guns, 2ish guns that are desperation mode over the other two, then almost all the other guns have their strongpoints. Mozambique/Auto Pistol suck dick. Alternator/P20 aren't great, but I'd take them over the latter two. Everything else is definitely usable. I'd say the longbow may need adjustments, but with skull piercer if you can magically get a headshot past 100m you're doing big damage. The 1 second fire rate is complete shit though. You're better off shooting the Scout 3x in the same amount of time. R301 is a very solid weapon, but I've seen people move into select-fire Prowlers and R99's with great success. And Spitfire is like the all-around weapon. I watch people who main Spitfire/Shotgun a lot. Spitfire with a 2-4x as it's velocity is really good and you can do decently at range with it, then shotgun for rushing. Then when you're out of shotgun shells in your gun? Switch back to Spitfire and hipfire!

Peacekeeper's are still pretty dumb. I watched some of the better players (Grimmmz, MoonMoon lul, and Shroud) get wiped by people with Peacekeepers. TTK is just too fast comparatively. You've got a weapon that one shots fresh spawns and two shots anyone else in the game. The only other weapons that can do that are a Krieber, Mastiff, and Longbow WITH kit, WITH a headshot. Bangalore/Wraith with a fucking Peacekeeper are just too easy. Zip around with your extra fast soldier lady or your tiny naruto girl and blast people until you manage to kill them. They just need to lower the damage to 70ish with a full shot instead of 110 and it'd be more manageable. They'd have to turn down the EVA as it does about that much damage but much MUCH faster, but they could easily rectify it by letting the Peacekeeper keep their mid-range precision and making EVA spread bad after 15m or whatever.

Basically besides the Mozambique and one or both of the light pistols, I think guns are in a decent place. Nerf Peacekeeper, fix Longbow, and we're set. The mid range guns like R99/301/Hemlock are all very viable still. I understand them not wanting this to be a sniper game like PUBG became, but the Longbow is just fucking rough. Maybe make it .75 second or increase the damage to 70 with a body hit, but 55 damage every second is bottom tier. The fucking Mozambique can put out more.

I’m not sure how you didn’t mention the Wingman - by far the most powerful weapon if you can aim (and especially with all 3 mods).

YHO

Trakanon Raider
Wingman with the skull piercer mod or w/e is also stupid strong. Does it even have bullet drop? I think meta at this point if you have aim is wingman and either the PK or EVA.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It is very strong, and possibly the strongest. It does have bullet drop, but less than most AR's/LMG's/SMG's and maybe even the longbow. The thing about the Wingman is that it has a very small projectile. You have to be good to use it and that alone is enough to prevent it from being Peacekeeper level of OP. A 90 hit headshot pre-skullpiercer is pretty ridiculous, but even with its fucking bullseye sight it is definitely not easy to do. Also very dependent on mag extensions. 6 bullets with the Wingman is rough, but if you get it up to 12 it's pretty good for just chucking out damage. I'd definitely say it's one of the strongest weapons, but it's actual DPS is reliant on headshots which are NOT easy to get. It'll be outclassed for most non god-aimers by most SMG's/AR's at close range and Peacekeeper easily at close to mid range.

I play a few games a night with it as my main weapon to try and get better, but I just don't have the raw aim anymore to be consistent. I had an 11 kill game with 1900 damage or some shit one game, then the other three or four I tried I had maybe 2ish kills with the Wingman, needing to rely on a secondary for most of the fights. Its tiny reticle makes long shots possible but VERY hard to manage. You can put a 1-2x on it though, but even then it's a bit rough. I'd rather Scout spam in that range and close up use a 301 or 99 or Spitfire.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
The two guns I never really pick, rather try to punch someone, is mozambique and the p2020?(the single shot light pistol). Everything else I have no problem using, even though I suck with wingman(I swear reticule is right on the person but it doesn't hit). I do also try to stay away from energy ammo guns(triple take + devo) as Ammo is pretty scarce and devo really needs the yellow attachment. I love the spitfire but feel like i need to carry around 350 heavy ammo cause it burns through it so fast. Lately I have been just running with scout/r301.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I think my eyes are fucked, I find it super difficult to track enemies when I'm any distance away from them.

Other than that I really like Apex, best BR on the market right now imo.

I suck ass though, I wish my old ancient CSS skills that I haven't honed in many years made me better at this.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was watching Surefour play the other day, he's an Overwatch League Pro, and he was just wrecking entire squads left and right. He won a few matches literally solo due to people just disconnecting when they die.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just had a 2k damage game with 12 kills. I can't imagine having a 20 kill game with 4k damage (which I've seen people with badges for).

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Just had a 2k damage game with 12 kills. I can't imagine having a 20 kill game with 4k damage (which I've seen people with badges for).

What's fun is when you get near 2k damage with 2 kills, because you constantly get knocks but your team can't take care of their guys before they revive the ones you already downed.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Okay, I'm good at the game now. Just took some time. I can win most shoot-outs, but die to the standard Peacekeeper rushes and triple team buttfuck bonanzas.

Totally won a game with DatModz tonight!

1550214273832.png

No good clips, except this new VOIP bug they have. Which is... hellish.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Whew, ok. Hes good now. Please resume normal forum activities.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Taking a super long time to get in a game today. Must be 696969696696 people playing

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Taking a super long time to get in a game today. Must be 696969696696 people playing

There has got to be something happening with their servers; I've never experienced a queue of more than 100, let alone 5000.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Odd, I just had what I'd describe as a client exit. Where the game just quit instead of crashing. First time I've seen that in my 400 + games.

Kinda painful after waiting 10 minutes for a match.