Apex Legends new free to play battle royale game from Respawn

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Best squad match so far:

awesome victory.png

Xevy

Log Wizard
Spitfire is pretty unbalanced. 65 bullets at 20 damage a bullet AND you can fire it long range single fire? Yeah. That ain't right.

I feel like you playing Wraith is a little on the nose.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Wraiths usually have names like xXSkullL0rdxXx and dArKcHaz/\/\ and such.

I mostly play lifeline. We hope that our healing bot can somehow make up for our terrible aim.

Tracker dude is usually the charge in and die alone type.

I rarely see anyone on the farty guy.

The fat guy is always played by someone middle mouse button happy. Constantly sayin "lets go dis way" and not even looking where anyone else is. Calling out every mozambique they spot.

Cybsled

Wingman is the one standout item. If you hit a Peacekeeper just right, ya sure it does a lot of damage, but it is a slow ROF and the damage can be very inconsistent per shot and it isn't too useful outside of close range/low mid range. But Wingman is a close/mid/long range rolled into one and it can basically 2 shot most players and the damage is very consistent/the thing is basically a laser.

I've watched a lot of Shroud playing and that is the one weapon he calls out as OP in its current state, to the point he doesn't even use it because he thinks it is unfair lol

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Peacekeeper can do 110 damage+ at 35m with the choke. That's not right. That is fucked. They should just increase the spread, decrease clip size to 3 or 4, or have damage drop off. Then it's fine.

The choke also requires a decent charge up while ADS to do that amount of damage. It's basically a short range sniper at that point with a cooldown.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So you guys are missing the point about the peacekeeper. The meta right now is rush in and kill the team before another team sandwiches you. In the close quarter combat nothing beats the peacekeeper. The only thing that can come close is the R99 and the Wingman. The ability to duck in and out on the rush down and take people out in 2-3 shots is what makes it so OP. The peak meta is strong because TTK is pretty long. Not with a Peacekeeper though. Now if the map were larger and you didn't get sandwiched as much you could probably make a case for not nerfing it. But as the rushdown meta stands right now peacekeeper is king.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, end game I don't care about Wingman teams. If they're gods and can 2 shot headshot me, it'd be a problem, but 99.5% of the players right now couldn't land two headshots with a wingman in a row if you're standing still. What I worry about is a Bangalore ult slowing me for 8 seconds then their ultra speed Bangalore and her party possee of tiny hitboxed Lifelines/Wraiths come in with Peacekeepers and sweep up. My team is fine with long range battles, we win the vast majority. The real problem is people coming in to mop us up with 18 Peacekeeper shots. The two-shottability means you basically get one chance to react and evade after the first hit and if you can't get cover within that 0.25 seconds or whatever, you're fucked. When some one starts spitfiring me or 301ing me, I just start running as soon as I'm hit. Wingman you usually get hit once then they whiff 2-3 more shots and I'm already away somewhere healing.

Yes the Wingman is overpowered, but it still requires headshots AND the mod. Most people are garbo enough that they only body for 45. The peacekeeper can do that much with a miss basically. Nothing is scarier than 3 people full rushing with 3 peacekeepers. If they want to play Wild West, god bless them and good luck. They're not Shroud and they're definitely not Dizzy, so they're not zooping us instantly.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
New gun I hated at first, I'd say poor longer range gun but with the supercharger seems respectable up close-medium.

Xevy

Log Wizard
New gun I hated at first, I'd say poor longer range gun but with the supercharger seems respectable up close-medium.

Be cooler if you could get a mag extension. 25 bullets seems a little low, but I didn't play with it too much.

I thought Wraiths were usually hard to hit. Fuck this shit:

• 1Like

Sludig

Be cooler if you could get a mag extension. 25 bullets seems a little low, but I didn't play with it too much.

I thought Wraiths were usually hard to hit. Fuck this shit:

Never that bad, but I wonder if slight lag is ever responsible for how inconsistant I am with like wingman. Some games I can just land every shot a mix of head/body, then other games I'm just whiffing horribly.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
There's a small delay sometimes for the projectile to leave the barrel.

I was watching tviq and his crosshair is dead on for at least some of the shots but the projectile still misses

You can see it on 0.25 speed
I have seen genuine hits do no damage a few times though. A couple games where one particular person I couldn't damage at all. It might happen more than I realize but the two times I really noticed it were long protracted fights where I was able to heal up and really slug it out awhile.

I also suspect there are gaps in wraith's collision geometry. The game is source based but modern enough they should be using capsules (boxes need bone matrix inversions), and I suspect wraith is missing a piece here and there.

Streamers complain alot about it, but I have WAY more consistent results with this game than overwatch. I don't know if that is ticrate or getting a better datacenter or what, but overwatch always makes me feel cheated when I die.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm for some reason the last, I'd say 3 days or so, the game will hang up and stop responding when I click to continue and try to load the "lobby". Always. And it always works perfectly fine launching the 2nd time. Nothing changes between first and second tries.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a small delay sometimes for the projectile to leave the barrel.

I was watching tviq and his crosshair is dead on for at least some of the shots but the projectile still misses

You can see it on 0.25 speed
I have seen genuine hits do no damage a few times though. A couple games where one particular person I couldn't damage at all. It might happen more than I realize but the two times I really noticed it were long protracted fights where I was able to heal up and really slug it out awhile.

I also suspect there are gaps in wraith's collision geometry. The game is source based but modern enough they should be using capsules (boxes need bone matrix inversions), and I suspect wraith is missing a piece here and there.

Streamers complain alot about it, but I have WAY more consistent results with this game than overwatch. I don't know if that is ticrate or getting a better datacenter or what, but overwatch always makes me feel cheated when I die.

I think this game prefers the client over the server for hit detection so that might be one reason it "feels better". However, its also the cause of bullshit deaths too.

Also does anyone else feel they shit the bed with the threat level on the wingman over something like a 1x or a bruiser? I swear the sight just doesn't feel right.

Sludig

The charge shot... seems like a beam almost, either way was having harder time hitting with it than a normal sniper. Lost it's ability to be a good near range hip fire. Supercharger way to go it is.

Not sure whether I want to unlock mirage or gas guy. Recent vid made me slightly warm up to trying more noxious shenaningans indoors.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Wingman kind of sucks with any sight outside of the default. I was using a 1x classic ACOG yesterday and could not hit shit standing still. Could've just been me sucking, desync, etc, but I think the Wingman projectiles are super finnicky and most of the scopes just suck with it besides the default. I swore I was hitting a guy standing still and not damaging him yesterday, I checked the clip and it was just me shooting and the guy moving 1/2 a foot and the travel time being so slow at even 50m he could Neo them. When it was happening I swore I was nailing him, especially as I had Bloodhound's ult up and he's just standing in smoke. Really when I looked I could see the projectile and it's travel. It was just slow enough that unless I lead the shot no way I was going to hit him. Even with a walking strafe.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hmm for some reason the last, I'd say 3 days or so, the game will hang up and stop responding when I click to continue and try to load the "lobby". Always. And it always works perfectly fine launching the 2nd time. Nothing changes between first and second tries.
Not sure if it's the same issue, but I had something that sounds similar yesterday. It kept giving me an error that the "Party was not ready" when I was solo queue'ing, but I think in an out of the way place where I didn't see it. Restarted and it went away. Was a weird one.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I've been meaning to record my games just for playback purposes, but I've never dabbled in this. How much of a FPS hit can I expect if I'm using the built in Nvidia tools? Is there something out there better?