Apex Legends new free to play battle royale game from Respawn

Xevy

Log Wizard
So I've been meaning to record my games just for playback purposes, but I've never dabbled in this. How much of a FPS hit can I expect if I'm using the built in Nvidia tools? Is there something out there better?

Really, really varies on your GPU/CPU combo. I don't record as much as I directly stream via OBS. I have a shitty 970 video card but an i8700k, so I try to use my CPU as much as possible. I think I use something like 2-3% total CPU with OBS Studio during streaming. I think most people prefer the opposite and choose to tax their GPU harder than their CPU depending on the game. I used to use Nvidia's Shadowplay and just record the last 2 minutes of gameplay when I thought something was worth it. I think that's the best way to do it.

I can tell you I had no performance issues in Overwatch where I could get a solid 144fps with my stream, but honestly I don't play Apex or Blackout without streaming so I can't really tell you if it's effecting my FPS that much.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Are people still crashing? Someone in my squad is still having major problems with the bad_module_info crash.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This useless pug bot died at artillery and left, so me and my friend had to duo the entire game, not going to top this one for a while:

1550806245853.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
just added a bunch of you, AsleepdanZzz hopping between this when theres people to play with and anthem so if you see me on just hit me up, ill play with randoms every now n then but i just prefer not too thats where anthem comes in.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I checked this out, did OK. Won first two matches on PS4 so grabbed on PC and won first two matches but got stomped in the third near the end. Not even sure what class I like yet. Pathfinder is good times so far.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New bug. Couldn't reload my gun. Had to switch it out with a gun on a death box. Really could've fucked me.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fucking crash to desktops daily when they whernt a thing before. Fuck this game regressing backwards from a good launch.

Cybsled

Will probably act like Fortnite/PUBG. Play games, do challenges for points, level up your pass and get rewards like new cosmetics/etc

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Still haven't gotten the hang of it. Back in CS 1.3 I used to bind to mwheel up and down, but because of space needing to be held to vault I can only bind it one direction. But other than that it's totally like 1.3.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
Need to fix shit like that I imagine is clearly not intended.

Spoken like a true millennial who never experienced the strafe jumping and bunny hopping of quake and later half life.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Spoken like a true millennial who never experienced the strafe jumping and bunny hopping of quake and later half life.
I'm pretty sure I'm older than you random anon posting cuck fgt. In some of those games it became an established thing. It's outright intended in some of those games. But when you are to the point of macroing or having to do a bunch of wierd key binds, it's kinda retarded. Do you put sticky note dots on your screen for no scoping too?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot

Have you seen the current bunny hopping in quake? I thought it was a fast game back in the day. Apparently movement stacks infinitely. Seen people flying around levels at stupid speeds

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Might be the best BR game out, since Realm Royale decided to shit the bed and roll around in it.

I'm awful at shooters now, though.