Apex Legends new free to play battle royale game from Respawn

Xevy

Log Wizard
I can elaborate more on the CoD vs Apex thing since I'm not on my phone now.

CoD has certain advantages to it. No one is inherently better than anyone else due to cooldowns, HIT BOX SIZE, or passive abilities from the get go. HOWEVER, small perks like Dead Silence can make a HUGE impact. And you're not guaranteed to find them. The guns I think in CoD are better. There's like 1 gun or maybe two outside of a pistol in CoD I would never use. In apex I feel like there's 3 or more weapons that aren't quite there yet. Snipers in CoD are true snipers. They fire slow, they're accurate, and they fucking destroy you. Usually with a near one hit or a true one hit. This is good and bad. There's a balance between having snipers be viable and snipers being OP as fuck (like K98+ in PUBG). You want sniping to be a valid tactic for cover, but you don't want it to be the be-all and end-all choice of play.

Apex is more unique in that it has classes. This is an easy way to make people think it's much more unique than it really is. Some classes are truly flushed out and well rounded such as Lifeline, Wraith, Bangalore, and MAYBE Gibraltar. Some classes seemed to have a theme they stuck too hard on and they didn't really optimize. Pathfinder, Caustic, and Mirage. These three aren't complete. Pathfinder's passive isn't even truly a passive. It's very rarely worthwhile and the way the game is currently played (rush rush rush) is basically useless. Ziplines are very good when they're good and useless when they're not. "Hey I put up a zipline, don't shoot me while I'm defenseless, other team! LOLZ!" Mirage's passive is garbage as you can fucking see them crawl away. Their Q is pretty good and unique, but their ult is awful. I saw a dude use his at 150m and then watched him, WHILE INVIS, run away and fucking shot him in the back. What's the point? Caustic is the king of CQC in buildings, but he fucks his entire team over. Why? Why make him the most selfish class in the entire game. Let his teammates see through his gas as well. Please god.

Bloodhound is probably balanced? He has no defensive ability, but he's got a LOT of offensive capability which goes very well in the GO GO GO meta of now. His ult is close to OP as fuck and his movement speed lets him juke WHILE IN THE AIR (you'll know it when you see it) while fucking mowing anyone down on his screen if his aim is decent. His tracking I think is the most thought out passive of any of the characters. It's awesome the detail it tells you about what actions occurred and when. His Q is borderline botched. The only time it's good is through smoke or vs campers. And even then the silouettes it leaves are persistent for so long it can fuck with your eyes when the bad guy is right next to them.

Outside of the classes, I honestly don't like the guns as much as CoD or Ring of Elysium even. Stuff like the Mozambique, P2020, P45, and Hardline have basically no place. Sniping without a Krieber is pointless. Bullet drop is omega after 200m for the Longbow and the 1 second fire rate for the 10% more damage than a Wingman? No fucking thanks. Their are tiers of weapons right now that are just insane. A purple clipped Wingman with Skullpiercer or a purple clipped Spitfire can kill AN ENTIRE 600hp worth of a squad in one clip. That's ludicrous. The next tier of weapons such as R99 and R301 can barely do more than 1 person with a purple extension and that's only if you're in kissing range. This all also matters hugely when it comes to the games main tactic. Hip-fire. You fucking hip fire everything. You run up and hip-fire everyone in their fucking face with 80-100% accuracy. Spitfire 60 bullets at them from 5 feet away and if they have the wrong gun, you probably win! It's fucking H1Z1 again where people just ran in and spammed their AR's because it only took x amount of bullets to hit and kill. CoD has better hipfire where within 2 feet you'll hit 50% of the time and past 5 feet you'll hit like 15% of the time. The hipfire problem in this game lends heavily to the meta of team rushing people already fighting. I'll get into that more.

In most BRs, people can fucking turn and burn you. In PUBG you can be seen by a guy who's already in a fight, turned on and melted dead. In this game TTK is very high. So if you go into a fight that's already happening with full armor/hp, you're going to win. The time it takes to heal, health especially, is so brutal that if you're even dinked a little it's a huge advantage to the other guys. TTK is very slow so you need every piece of your enemy chipped away before you even begin the battle. Unlike COD which allows you to heal while moving and dodging, you're pretty fucked in this game. Yes you can heal during a slide and bunny hop, but that's still way worse than CoD where you have total control while healing. In COD we'd have teams roll up on us and we could use barricades/smokes/grapples to reset or run, but if we had the right weapons we could just turn around and fuck them. Usually the 3rd party is highly aggressive and doesn't use cover so if you were a better shooter you could wreck them. In this game your only extra defenses are your teams class abilities. And by that I mean Pathfinder/Gibralatar/Bangalore/Wraith. You better hope they know what they're doing (most people don't) and didn't blow their shit early because there ain't no smoke grenades. The only cover you're getting to is hard cover in the game. And if you get dinked to 20% hp? Enjoy the 8 SECOND Phoenix kit that snares you to 25% movement speed. It's brutal.

What they want is essentially Overwatch. People will prod and poke at each other at range where most weapons are much less efficient, then they'll move in to fight with their "real" weapons. This is when it becomes OWL. It's a fucking Q and Z fest. That Bangalore who couldn't hit shit? Well guess what, she just called down an airstrike that slowed you for 8 seconds because you didn't have the luxury of a building. Bloodhound? He's been waiting for you to leave houses so he can hit Q and shoot you from anywhere he fucking wants to. He may even shoot the 3rd team he can see on the horizon coming. Wraith? Fuck portals! She's just Narutoing at you with a Peacekeeper and after 6 shots she's invuln running away! Fun!

I love the idea of classes and shit. I LOVED Realm Royale and even played it in it's somewhat redeemed form a few weeks ago right before Apex came out. But the problem is this: balance. Balance between classes, balance with weapons, balance with CLASSES with WEAPONS, and balance with combat. You think a fucking Caustic with a Peacekeeper is nearly as scary as a Bangalore at 125% speed with a Peacekeeper? Nah. You worried about that Mirage standing their with a Spitfire blowing through 60 bullets on your squad or the crouching Gibraltar who has almost an extra 100 shield while doing it? I personally play Pathfinder. And I get fucked every fucking fight. Why? My defense is : grapple way. My other defense is : hope they don't murder me while I place my zipline and attempt to use my zipline. All this while having probably the largest hitbox and largest headshot box (people still testing this, but seems to be this way). Meanwhile people like Wraith having a tiny hipbox and can fucking jump-juke and shit with a LITERAL invulnerability run to get away. There's just major issues between games like this.

Overall I think if you remove classes from Apex you'd have a very lacking CoD, but for the good and bad of it I think the Apex class system puts it over CoD. Blackout's been going down lately as they haven't added anything truly unique recently. Apex will probably strike a blow too tremendous to recover and they may have to do Blackout2 with the next CoD or something which preset Operators a la classes.

Oh and the BEST part is people CRIED about armor in Blackout, but the difference between armor and no armor in this is even bigger. In COD lvl 3 armor was 50% damage mitigation for, I believe, 150 damage before mitigation. So it was like having 225 hp or 275hp with a Trauma. So not QUITE double effective hp with a trauma. Purple armor literally doubles your health. Doubles it. 100hp to 200hp. Now the original complaints in CoD were about not being able to fix your armor and losing it and were completely valid. But still, how often in this game at the beginning have you found a white armor/no armor and some lucky fuck found purple or even BLUE armor and they now have the luxury of attemtping to punch you to death. Ridiculous.

TL;DR

Apex is CoD +perma perks. Combat is close range Q and Z smashing. It's fun, but the gunplay and skill balance will definitely need more passes than CoD did. If you don't want to deal with OverWatch Ult shenanigans, I'd recommend Blackout. If you want to play with friends and try to synergize classes, Apex is for you!

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Add me
1551061668882.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not sure why anyone is surprised this is beating Fortnite on Twitch. Respawn has always had the best weapon feel on PC or Console. They just make super satisfying gameplay.

Removing wall running and double jump (as in Titanfall) was good decision since it lowered the skill floor / ceiling for average players. Game is purely fluid weapons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
PUGS that don't ping shit have ruined it for me. It is literally the easiest thing to do in this game. So groups only, message me or invite etc if you see me online please. I am still terrible but getting better.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Perfect Dark was absolutely better than Goldeneye, it even had the 3 best levels from Goldeneye and the same weapons + more. That shit rocked.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This is a really fun game. Playing on All three platforms. So far I like Ps pro the best. Made it to the final three squads.

Gun play is awesome and fluid, and it’s easy to pick up on.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Perfect Dark was absolutely better than Goldeneye, it even had the 3 best levels from Goldeneye and the same weapons + more. That shit rocked.
There was way more bullshit weapons in Perfect Dark. I think it was a more interesting game, but Goldeneye was just the better game. Time Trial stuff in Goldeneye was fucking nuts too

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
1551078861219.png

Completely unshocking. Especially after the new hitbox video some dude just posted.

1551079031081.png

Wanna live FOREVER? Just play Wraith 4head!

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Might as well just remove gas nazi from the game at this point. Gibralter at least has the big dick airstrike and his shield is extremely good in certain spots, but unless they plan some major overhauls for the nazi I'm not even sure what the point of him is?

At the very least his traps need to be an "free" deploy like Bangalores smoke is, and the size of his ult needs to be way less pathetic.

Give the fatties +50hp I say.