Apex Legends new free to play battle royale game from Respawn

Cybsled

Caustic does need some overhaul to be sure. Removing the friendly fire aspect of his gas for starters. Increasing his ult area size would be another. Maybe tweak his passive so that he can track gas victims for a longer period of time.

On paper he is good for dealing with building campers or for fortifying a building so it’s harder to storm into, or for reducing flank options on end circles. There aren’t a ton of places where that is important, though, which makes him an overspecialized pick on the current map. If they do the 6 squad as rumored, then that might be a bit more useful?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I actually don't know what they can do to fatties that doesn't involve an insane buff. 50hp is nothing when every single one of my shots lands. Maybe make it so they don't slow down when they get shot?

Braen

<Medals Crew>
The Names Of 11 Leaked 'Apex Legends' Characters May Reveal Their Abilities

From the article said:
Leaks have now confirmed that past names mentioned other data grabs are in fact new characters, not weapons. And there are elevenof them in total, meaning that more characters have been leaked than currently exist in the game, as there are only eight live right now, six free and two, Mirage and Caustic, locked for purchase.

Here’s the full list:
  • Nomad
  • Octane
  • Prophet
  • Husaria
  • Jericho
  • Rampart
  • Blackout
  • Crypto
  • Rosie
  • Skunner
  • Wattson
So, using that theory, what can we guess about these nine, removing Wattson and Octane since we seem to already know what they do:
Nomad – Something to do with movement, possibly something with fighting alone rather than near teammates
Prophet – Predicting something, possibly locating good items?
Husaria – Named after the “Winged Hussars,” Polish cavalry from centuries ago. I doubt they ride a horse, so perhaps something with wings or flight. Jetpack?
Jericho – Fans seem to think this is Mirage’s brother, I may have missed something in the lore about that. Jericho obviously implies some sort of wall, but Jericho, like Bangalore, is also a type of missile
Rampart – Now this one definitely has to be wall related. There’s a wall/barricade mechanic used in Titanfall 2 that seems like it’s going to be ported over here at some point because everything else is, so possibly through this character
Blackout – Bold move naming your character after a rival BR mode in Call of Duty. But in reality this probably has something to do with disabling enemy abilities or glitching their map or something
Crypto – Some sort of hacker character that could also theoretically be a Sombra-like ability-disabling character
Skunner – I had to look this one up, and this is apparently Scottish slang for “a strong aversion or dislike.” What that means for combat I’m not clear on, though it seems likely this character will be Scottish.
Rosie – Obviously “the riveter” comes to mind, so perhaps she builds things? A turret hero? Apex’s Torbjorn?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It depends really on what their goals are for character balance and the hitboxes. If their plan is to have the same baseline of "stats" for everyone (hp, movespeed, etc) then they HAVE to fix the hitboxes one way or another. If they are fine with having more distinction between the characters then you can talk about dumping more HP on the fatties, or some kind of base armor, etc.

They already have what, 4 archetypes in the game? Could divide the hitboxes/health pools up that way - scouts are the smallest hitbox but smallest hp pool etc, defender largest in both.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Just bought the Founders Pack, not because it is a great value, but out of support for Respawn. This game is a blast.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
1551162579998.png

After a bunch of 2nd/3rd place finishes, finally. This game is pretty fun.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Theres something i dont understand with initial drops. Sometimes teams are just so far haed for a hot drop right under the ship while we were spamming the drop button like crazy. Is it a server thing?

Didnt have it happen so regularly in pubg or blackout.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Getting weird bugs like I hear and know my shots are hitting but not seeing any damage.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 196156

After a bunch of 2nd/3rd place finishes, finally. This game is pretty fun.

Grats, I have 1 win also, but a ton of 2nd/3rds as well. So pretty much same boat, but I am not playing this very hardcore, 3-4 rounds every couple days. Think I'm only level 12 or some shit lol.

I don't really care about wins as much as kills. I just want to hurt people. Had a game last night where I was paired with some duo that HATED fighting. And were very vocal about it. They went so far as to hide in bushes on cliffs and bullshit while calling me "ni##er" etc. Is there a report button in this game? I didn't really look, but we got 2nd that game .. 0 kills across the board. Our pathfinder died on top of some building and we couldnt get his banner then we got flanked and killed. I had a couple knocks but no finishes.

So anyway, between shitty games like that and RNG 0 guns or 0 ammo in beginning of games, this game kinda annoys me lol. My best round so far was an 8 kill game where 1 member of the squad died immediately, so we were basically duo and got 3rd I think... I was kill leader for a portion of the game for my first (and only) time so far. That was a fun one for sure... would have been better if we had our 3rd dude.

Theres something i dont understand with initial drops. Sometimes teams are just so far haed for a hot drop right under the ship while we were spamming the drop button like crazy. Is it a server thing?

Didnt have it happen so regularly in pubg or blackout.

Do you split off from the jumpmaster ? I always find I land so much sooner when I stop following him.

Needless

Toe Sucker
You should basically always split off, at the very least at the end. So you can secure multiple buildings in the same area and not overlap trying to loo the same shit

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Saw that too, landed multiple hits and nothing. Only happened once though near start of match so far.

Yea my friend was getting super salt about that last night, but I haven't ran in to it yet, so not sure what the deal is.

Every other match last night though was him all "MY BULLET LITERALLY WENT THROUGH THAT CUNT WITH NO DAMAGE REEEEEEEE".

Xevy

Log Wizard

But why? I love being Pathfinder and dying first NO MATTER WHAT. It's the best! Meanwhile our tiny Lifeline gets hit for like 50% of her shield after 100 bullets are shot at her and she's sucking down a shield battery faster than I can drink a shield cell while she has her healthbot up for no reason at all. It's great!

If you wanted to know if you can direct hit with a regular grenade: Yes. Yes you can.

And remember, it's very important to stick with your team. But don't stick too close or you'll get stuck, close.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Where is my steady groups?! I need to play this like 3 hours min. a week night to get good.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
First confirmed hacker today. Just classic ESP/aimbot. Unfortunately his teammate got the last hit on me so I couldn't spectate. He killed my teammate though who watched him attempt to shoot people through walls all the way to his 14 kill win. The dude was a Bangalore and would just smoke right on them and then laser everyone to death through the smoke. He did ALMOST die at the end to the last guy who got him to half 1/2 though!