Apex Legends new free to play battle royale game from Respawn

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Flatline is fine for midrange fights. Just don't hold the trigger down too long, but you can definitely kill people with it. The fact that it doesn't get a barrel mod is the weak point I guess.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I think the inconsistency with the wingman is based on the delay of the projectile. It's almost like a musket where the hammer comes down and ignites the powder, then the bullet flies out a little later. The delay changes game to game, and I can't really measure it without watching a stream back in slow motion.

I think younger folk with bigger/faster monitors and better eyesight can see where the projectile is going and adjust. I am old and half blind and have a shitty small 1080 60hz monitor so I have to just fire by instinct.

You almost need to pick one up early and try it out, and hope that if it feels off your teammates can win that first fight so you can switch to something else.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I think the inconsistency with the wingman is based on the delay of the projectile. It's almost like a musket where the hammer comes down and ignites the powder, then the bullet flies out a little later. The delay changes game to game, and I can't really measure it without watching a stream back in slow motion.

I think younger folk with bigger/faster monitors and better eyesight can see where the projectile is going and adjust. I am old and half blind and have a shitty small 1080 60hz monitor so I have to just fire by instinct.

You almost need to pick one up early and try it out, and hope that if it feels off your teammates can win that first fight so you can switch to something else.

I think this is a big part of it. both age and that weird delay. Same thing for trying to use the havoc with the single shot select fire. having to get used to the charge up and shot is challenging.

But also explains why some games I do amazing with the wingman, and other games I can't hit shit.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Gator Gator and I had some pretty good games. Let up some other other good folks too. I became kill leader with 4 kills within about 45 seconds and stared at myself on the billboard. That was fucking awesome.

Then I died. But that was the highlight of my Apex career so far.

Definitely getting better the more I play I think. I need to learn how to use my ultimates better now and study a bit more.

R-99 is one of my favorite guns. I was owning with that one.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Always. Be. Sliding.

Maybe I would have survived if Pathfinder had a passive that did anything :)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This is an incredible game but why did they have to build it on such a shit engine?

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ut playing an EA game?

The shame....;)

Was talking about it last night with 2 static team members I met on PS4. Everyone was plenty shocked EA came out with something that was good.

Let's hope they don't fuck it up! :p

Had a blast last night. I do wish they would turn on friend finding though. Normally I can go to the players met screen and add people that used mics and were cool to play with, and we all had to remember each other's user handles to input them manually at the PS4 friend menu. There needs to be an easy way to invite others either via in game friend integration, or players met should be active (I guess this is up to the developer whether to turn on or not)

Other than that, a few weird disconnects but I always ended up in the same lobby and they were waiting for me - so we didn't drop group somehow. We also had one guy using text to chat and holy hell was that hilarious - we wanted to friend him to keep going and listen - never laughed so hard in my life. I am running around trying to save my team, I have one, trying to get to the other and get to the revive station, and all of a sudden two squads are chasing me around and we hear a text to voice chat "Oh shit" - and I laughed so hard I couldn't even see and died.

Has more content than Anthem! :p

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im glad youre having fun but these kind of king of the hill shooters are not my cup of tea.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Im glad youre having fun but these kind of king of the hill shooters are not my cup of tea.
The tactical squad play is what makes it fun. It honestly plays nothing like any of the other BR games.

The only drawbacks are the bugs/shitty engine/shitty netcode but I guess they can fix that eventually?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The tactical squad play is what makes it fun. It honestly plays nothing like any of the other BR games.

The only drawbacks are the bugs/shitty engine/shitty netcode but I guess they can fix that eventually?

I am not having any issues with that but I am playing on PS4. Played PC though over drunk gaming Saturday night and didn't have any issues. What are you running into?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
1551379013682.png

• 1Worf

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does anyone know if today is the last day to get 100? Since the battle pass comes out tomorrow and everything.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
100 for what? Special achievement or something? Has it been confirmed it comes out tomorrow or just speculation?

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard

So his passive is helpful, depending on it's level. If it's like 2hp per tick fuck right off. If it's 5/10 per tick that's really helpful. If his Q removes slows (FUCK YOU BANGALORE) that's pretty good. 30% movement speed? Wowwee! You're almost as fast as ANY BANGALORE ALMOST ANY TIME! His ult is just a better (???) Pathfinder ult. That just makes Pathfinder look like fucking garbage. His Ult is already super hit or miss because when you REALLY need one they fucking watch you deploy it and then just wait to blast your sky conga line to pieces.

I can't wait for the "always in the red zone" Octanes who just negate the zone damage and shoot everyone in the back. His snare removal is interesting. This makes me think he's a direct counter to the tesla trap guy they're rumored to launch. AFAIK there's only three things that currently lower movement speed below base. Bang/Gibs ults "shellshock", Arc Stars, and being direct grappled by a Pathfinder. I'm going to love the gifs on the reddit of Octanes activating their Q at 10% hp to get away from some one and just dying instantly.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's also like 99% he's fake judging by the shitty Instagram account that "leaked" it

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wish they'd just release Solo mode, personally. Once you don't completely suck at the game, you just feel so bogged down by your team most of the time, and you basically have to act like you're playing solo because you're getting gunned down by some coordinated squad while your random team mates are too busy jerking off. Obviously there's some exceptions to that, but it feels few and far between.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They should have a queue for people queueing as a 3 player squad, a queue for people queueing solo but still put them in 3 player squads, and a queue for doubles queueing, and pair them with other random doubles, for teams of 4.

A true solo mode would be stupid and probably just ruin the game.

• 1Like