Apex Legends new free to play battle royale game from Respawn

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The iron system and huge increase in price and achievement time sucked fucking ass and if they pull that crap again I won’t be buying another thing from those fuckers. Smells like EA got a hold of hay experiment.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ive yet to spend a dime on this game but i would have gladly paid 60 bucks if it was fully priced and not free to play. I would actually spend money on some stuff but the way they package shit and just the overall ridiculeous price of borings skins turns me off. EA cant even get the free to play model correctly with a good game.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hopefully they add duos or if they re-add Solos they let you drop with a gun or cut the number down to 30-40 people so you can fucking breathe. Solos was just a dogpile of who hits last. And if you weren't Pathfinder, you weren't doing it right.

Xevy

Log Wizard
New mode is Shotty/Snipes. Only armor is white armor and shield cells are very rare. Krabers/Mastiffs also spawn on the map (around 2 of them). Fairly fun. They also upped the amount of gold weapons, so more games than not I run into a gold peacekeeper/longbow.

The problem is they removed like 1/2 the loot spawns for this mode. So sometimes you'll land in a warehouse at Artillery or huge three-story building and find 0 guns. Feels bad.

Overall way better than solo mode. Except for random teammate disconnects which I think is mostly due to a bug.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Tomorrow is going to be super fun. The EVA-8 with that attachment in Skulltown if you get lucky.... oh boy :p

Xevy

Log Wizard
Looks great. 100% going to have to get a new video card so I can stream it without stutters. Snow zones are always they most hardware intensive for computers. I remember some snow map in AION that used to push my laptops GPU over 100 degrees celsius.

LOVE the 301 attachment. Makes sense it's gold. Allows you to basically have a scout/301 paired with either a long range sniper or up closer face-fucker like r99 or shotgun.

Double tap sounds great for EV8 mostly, but I'd use it on scout. If you have a scout with a 4 or less scope and a good barrel it's an absolute monster.

Also fuck disruptor rounds. They were too much. I didn't get Wingman'd too much and I personally wasn't great with it, but the people who were it was definitely a bit much. You'd hear that fucking noise and I'd just say "Oh fuck he's wingmanning" and have to hide and reapproach the fight. I've seen shitty fucking players get 2 lucky hits spamming that and annihilate me. Then when I suspect them of cheating and spectate they're just literally spamming it as much as they can and 2-3 shots is all you need.

Not sure the train is as cool as Respawn thinks it is. Whatever, I'll just camp it and kill the morons riding it around. Crypto seems OP as fuck and makes Bloodhound more or less useless unless his drone dies very quickly, is very visible, and has a long cooldown. At least he counters Watson.

New laser gun looks meh. Statistically I think longbow destroys it based on DPS time, but longbow has projectile travel time which makes it suck. Laser gun if it's instant will be a huge boon, but also means any idiot can hit shots from a million miles away on a moving target.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
When you say Wingmanning it, what do you mean? Since Disruptor is for P2020 and Alternator. (Sorry I am probably missing some terminology there)

Last night I was season level 90. Decided to grind out to get 100 and barely made it before bed and stayed up a little late. Got 4 wins out of it though, unfortunately on random characters instead of my main. But I did finally get the last achievement of getting 5k damage done via all characters. So all my achievements are done now.

I am really looking forward to Season 3. I agree on double tap for Eva 8, that will steer me away from Peacekeeper/Bolt 3/Choke more than likely. I wonder though if they nerfed eva 8 damage as a result of the potential mod.

Here is hoping they don't pull some weekly garbage they did last time with some retarded goals. My main complaint is a weekly BL level where you need to kill 2-3 people in 4 segments of the map. I still had a week 1 BL still there where I had two remaining areas to kill folks in. I cannot account for when I will be in any given area.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Eva-8 w/ the hopup gives me massive Terry Crews boners.

Distruptor is Alt/Re45. Hammer is p2020.

I think what he's saying is that, which I agree, a wingman sounds off.. It's terrifying because of skull piercers. Nothing like watching a guy miss an entire clip then hit you with that one shot that breaks all your armor and essentially half healths you... Thankfully skull piercers are gone, and head shot damage is increased across the board.

Disruptors are just so strong, watching someone run a Dis/HP kit drop someone in seconds..

Its hard to say that Peacekeepers will be out, as the choke peace will still have better range, and harder focus hit.. Just the Eva 8 will be able to make it past an early game item, but still need to be up in someone's face. I don't think you'll get a choice of it being single or double, you're gonna blow through 8 rounds twice as fast and required to maintain/hit with the double shot. It'll be nice for breaching a hold in cqb, but not a game changer.

As far as the charge rifle, you gotta remember too.. The Longbow is getting a RoF nerf; which is much needed... But I think all snipers are getting a projectile increase; like the triple take recently. The trade offs are different. Longbow is the essential one hitter, but has the most dramatic drop, g7 is similar but faster firing with lower damage in place of accuracy. Triple Take has less of a drop and a charge time. I think the charge rifle seems to be good if you can track for the most damage.. And I'm wondering if the select fire havoc will be relevant, as it has no drop and can hit pretty hard.

The new map will have a lot more open sight lines, so range battle will prob be more of a regular. Weapon balances seem to try and differ the class of weapons, nerfing r99/prowler making them more for certain range engagements, while buffing shotguns for closer engagements, adjusting rifles for further engagements.. Whether or not it works all plays on the map flow too.

I think my favorite change though, is fast heal. The golden armor is no longer execute, but fast heal. You no longer have to question if a fast heal is on the person, and know who to focus quickly in a brawl with comms. Execution was dumb, so glad it's gone.. But the revive backpack, we are gonna see the rise of lifeline play. I think she's gonna be the new 'pathfinder'

Im pretty sure we are gonna see a lot of wraiths, lifelines, and gibbies. Gibbies new bubble is going to be insane.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ack yep my bad Hammer was for P2020. I had better take a look and see what the major gun changes are. I haven't looked at that yet.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I was talking specifically about the Wingman at that point. "Wingmanning" is when people just have a blue/purple heavy mag and just sling as many shots at you as they can. It's basically what makes noobs feel pro and what can get you murder fucked with the slightest bit of RNG on the shooters side.

Re45 Disruptor/ P2020 hammerpoint was a really good combo but much less effective beyond 100m. End game, though? Yeah. That's what you wanted to have almost every game.

Some huge patch note changes:

Executioner Perk: Previously, the Gold Armor perk, “Executioner”, gave a full shield recharge on successful completion of a finisher. In Season 3, all Legends will have this perk meaning--finishers will fully recharge your shields regardless if you have Gold Armor equipped or not. Gold Armor will now have a Guardian Angel perk that is detailed below in the Loot / Meta Changes section.

NEW HOP-UP:Anvil Receiver
  • Attaches to: Flatline and R-301.
  • Rarity: level 4 (gold).
  • This hop-up empowers semi-auto mode; it offers highly increased damage, but at the cost of reduced rate of fire and double ammo per shot
G7 Scout
  • Increased base damage
    • 30 -> 34
New Legend battle chatter - Legends now have voice lines that will call out when your squad is being third-partied. This is triggered if you take damage when recently damaged by another living squad

Those are my big take aways. Shield recharge on execute for everyone is really big, means you'll want to squad fight because people will be much more likely to thirst. Anvil Receiver takes two of the best guns and makes them better. Not sure about that. Scout is going to be a monster and with the double tap (not listed above) mod you'll be doing 68 damage to an unshielded target per trigger and you can fire the scout like 3-4 times a second. That's a lot of damage output. The third party callouts is great because that was the fucking meta of this game. Jumping weak unsuspecting teams for easy kills and loot while they're engaged. They also apparently addressed this by make the map like 30-50% bigger than the last one. Allows more use of DMR and Sniper type weapons and less shotgun/R99 rushdown meta.

Watching people play right now and I think Crytpo needs to be nerfed pretty soon here. His drone is just a permanent Bloodhound ping. You can't have a character that basically does what another character does but just plain better. Bloodhounds ult is still good, but Crypto is a must right now. They've already establishing meta with Crypto in slot 1 and it's probably Wraith/Gib for the second and third slots. Wraith for her portal play and evasion and Gib for his massive Ult and his shield now allows you to fast heal inside of it. I'd honestly say Crypto/Gib/Caustic would be pretty sick, but at least fucking Watson is out of it with Crypto's drone nullifying her dumb ult with his EMP.

Looking forward to playing, didn't get a new video card yet, but I can't play until tomorrow due to EQ raids (LUL). But hopefully the map is nice and it's not like when PUBG added Miramar and everyone was just sitting in windows shooting from all directions like giant pussies.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Oh wow, Crypto's drone can pick up teammates banners and doesn't take damage in the zone. Well he's now a 100% select.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I don't think he's OP. Though, he is my lock in because he is my type of playstyle, support/recon. Main reason I locked Hanzo in OW. Lurked in CS for Intel, callouts.

You have fair points though, I think a huge thing is people have not gotten use to seeing/killing his drone just yet. It dies in one shot.

I agree Gibby is gonna be a strong meta pick, but I think due to the map size, arguably more flat.. Lifeline is my pick in place of Crypto. The amount of squad survival provided by mid combat res, 25% more healing.. And the free distance something a warp gate can get with the block of the dome.. Also the dome is the safest form of finisher security. There is just so much squad survival.

The thing between crypto the better bloodhound, crypto in ways removes himself from fights a lot of times. Also can't stalk, just has to fly around looking for.. Which takes away loot time, can force a 2v3, ect

I think it's hard to say, maybe the zone thing might be abit strong but also gotta know distances and such.. Whether a nerf or not, not sure. I think it's too early to tell; I don't think he's a pathfinder/watts/wraith lock tier. Still room for versatility.

But that's me sitting back, and only seeing streamers go at it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I can't tell atm, his drone is fast as fuck so shooting it unless you're spraying or it stays still (which it never should) is pretty rough. Only people who have no idea what they're doing on my team have played him, so I'm not seeing much benefit yet. Watch Shroud and Skadewdle is playing him and is already really good.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So got my ass kicked for the first five games straight. Started learning how to use crypto. Guy rocks and is an awesome support legend. I was using him with my team to scout players but also to scout unlooted locations. Also lol train. One game the entire damn game dropped there. Skulltown on steroids. That was hilarious.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
And yeah. Hard to hit my drone. I was scouting a small circle with two snipers on my team with voice comms on. They couldn’t shoot me down. I used my ultimate on a squad bunched together, stunned the shit out of them, and my sniper team took them out immediately. Unfortunately a second team pinched and they found my hiding spot and took me out.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Not too sure how I feel about the new map. Something is off. Could be I have no idea where loot is but I can never find jack shit for anything decent.