Aquaman (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
3.27 star(s) Rating: 3.27/5 11 Votes
Title: Aquaman (2018)

Tagline: Home Is Calling

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Science Fiction

Director: James Wan

Cast: Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, Patrick Wilson, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Nicole Kidman, Willem Dafoe, Temuera Morrison, Dolph Lundgren, Randall Park, Ludi Lin, Graham McTavish, Michael Beach, Patrick Cox, Otis Dhanji, Kaan Guldur, Connor Zegenhagen, Winnie Mzembe, Gabriella Petkova, Braden Lewis, Vincent B. Gorce, Jon Quested, Sasha Dulics, Rhianna Palmer, Natalia Safran, Djimon Hounsou

Release: 2018-12-19

Plot: Arthur Curry learns that he is the heir to the underwater kingdom of Atlantis, and must step forward to lead his people and to be a hero to the world.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Kinda looks like hot garbage or a SyFy movie, some of the special effects look really good and others look 1980s Clash of the Titans bad.

Still, Momoa's got personality and who doesn't love a good story about a dude and the fish he fucks. This looks like it might be so bad it'll be fun.

The release date though is just bizarre, this is gonna be going up against Mortal Engines (London wheels, Peter Jackson); Mary Poppins Returns (every women in the world is gonna drag every man into this), Bumblebee, Battle Angel Alita (bug eyes) and Holmes and Watson (Ferrell and John C Reilly team up again). I guess it fits the action tentpole category but I dunno how many people are really gonna give enough fucks to go out to see it christmas time.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Why do DC movies look so washed out? Even this one, the scenes in day time with 'bright' colors, they all look washed out.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Jesus christ Hollywood is retarded. Why the hell do they keep giving that man roles? He had 3 episodes in the first season of GOT where he did NOTHING yet here he is today, still getting leading roles.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Jesus christ Hollywood is retarded. Why the hell do they keep giving that man roles? He had 3 episodes in the first season of GOT where he did NOTHING yet here he is today, still getting leading roles.
Because he was a badass in Stargate Atlantis long before GoT. Also... Baywatch.

• 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

My senior citizen, Oprah loving, cookie baking mother, drools when she sees him is why.

• 1Barf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This might actually be decent. Far cry better than Man of Darkness or Darkness the Darkness Returns.

spronk

FPS noob
wait you guys think this looks cool?

giphy.gif

It looks like its out of a CW tv show or a Power Rangers episode

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah those special effects look seriously weak. I'll still watch it, but man DC is almost all trash at this point.

• 1Seriously?

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
If the characters have to say "that was awesome" after every scene, chances are nothing in the movie is going to be awesome.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
This might actually be decent. Far cry better than Man of Darkness or Darkness the Darkness Returns.
I feel like Man of Steel gets shit on more than it deserves, not that it's great or anything but compared to most of the rest of this DC shit it's a masterpiece.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It is a masterpiece compared to anything that wasn't done by Burton or Nolan. I'll give Superman 1 and 2 a slight pass for the era, but even it was sorta shit. Its not good when one of your pillar movies looks worse than the current M. Night offerings (Split was pretty damn good though).

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If the characters have to say "that was awesome" after every scene, chances are nothing in the movie is going to be awesome.
More than once, in a single trailer. Several things were repeated multiple times. I imagine it may entertain the 8-15 crowd. But serious, just complete "meh".

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Sorry, but just looks like Green Lantern to me. Tons of CGI.
What? Tons of CGI? How dare they have tons of CGI in a movie about a man who swims like a fish and is the King of Atlantis? It all has to be practical effects or its just more Hollywood garbage, I say. /adjusts fedora

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
wait you guys think this looks cool?

giphy.gif

It looks like its out of a CW tv show or a Power Rangers episode

I mean you can't fault them for at least going close to comic book accurate. Black Manta has always had that huge helmet though.

4179543-1939703388-34530.jpg

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Looks like Aqua-Thor with some Phantom Menace-style large-scale battles thrown in for good measure. Funny how Hemsworth might've been the perfect Aquaman for this.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database