Aradune Returns to EQ aka the EQ Nostalgia thread

iannis

Musty Nester
Wait? 15 year old EQ server drama? Oh shit.

HEY LYRICAL, HOW'S CIRCLE OF THE UNSEEN WORKING OUT FOR YOU? TELL THE INCESTUOUS IGGLES LOL FOR ME. COME JOIN A REAL GUILD BRO, WE ACTUALLY CAN DO DRAGON WING OF NTOV. LOSERS.

Shit lyrical, if you'd told us back then you were black we would have rained loot down upon you. Like some kind of fucking e-affirmative action. 19 year old fat white nerds are fucked in the head, yo.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The Quest Troupe predated the Legends server. In fact it was Legends that was directly responsible for the implosion of the Quest Troupe. They were volunteers that SOE decided to leverage into a "feature" of their premium server.
Correct, I always got a big laugh from SoE trying to profit big time off volunteer work. I'd say 60% or so of what made that server "premium" came from volunteers. Fucccccccked up.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Odisea and Drachenteazer or whatever were Euro scum.
Haha I remember when Odisea KS'd my guild's ragefire back in the day. Today its just lulzy thinking about them doing that, but back then it was a little annoying.

Jesus that makes me realize people had no lives in that game. I mean back during Kunark up to PoP I was in high school so I didnt need to have one but majority of the people I raided with then had families or jobs yet they'd camp ragefire or epic spawns for days or weeks.

Iwazaru_sl

shitlord
If we are bringing up old hates, fuck Stars on Tunare. The very epitome of Asian zerg guilds.

And screw you auto correct for constantly trying to capitalize "zerg".

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
You forgot to mention that the reason hoss dominated druzzil late velious is because the top guild on the server (seekers) left to that legends server when it opened ( creating township rebellion). Hoss was number 2 on druzzil until then! ( love the fact that eq guild rivalries still exist lol).
And who the fuck are you? Your memory is terrible. The Hoss forum still exists and has every post going back to June 2001, so I can say with absolute confidence that the following is accurate as I just went back and took a trip down memory lane.

First of all, Seekers imploded in the middle of Velious. Before that happened, most of them split off to form Vindication. Vindication is the guild that moved to Stormhammer, and they moved after Luclin shipped.

When Druzzil opened, there were two other major guilds: Seekers and Mythic Legion. Both guilds outnumbered Hoss by like 4 to 1 or more at the time. But when those guilds saw Hoss doing planes with a faction of their zerg numbers, it attracted some of their more talented individuals to our guild. Our MT from Kunark to mid Luclin was ex-Seekers, and I'm pretty sure our freakin' guild leader was ex-Seekers. I assure you the flow of guild members went one way with very few exceptions.

When Velious launched, we went on dragon faction, which delayed our entrance into NToV a bit. We started doing that wing later than Vindication yet still beat them to the three hardest kills at least. I can't confirm server firsts for the other dragons, but I'm sure we had more.

I can confirm the following server firsts for Hoss:

Venril Sathir
Chardok Queen
Warrior Epic
Test of Tactics 1 (flawless victory)
Test of Tactics 2
Multiple Velk kills before any other guild
Upgraded CT
Upgraded Innoruuk
Dozekar
Zlexak (killed with 35 people, 2 deaths)
Vyemm
Vulak
Ventani

I wish the wayback machine had the hossguild.org Velious news posts so I could confirm possible other server firsts and maybe get some more kill attendance numbers. We were doing ntov with sub 40 while other guilds had 50+

If Vindication was the top guild on the server, why would they flee to pay 4x the sub price? Btw, Hoss hosted the guild rotation and interguild relations forum. It's still up and viewable without a forum account here:http://forums.hossguild.org/forumdis...uild-Relations

Found this little gem of a post from my guildleader:

Ciner, from what I recall, you guys killed all but 3 dragons, Zlexak, Vyemm, and Vulak.

The reason for 7 days, is primarly to give a guild multiple days to attempt Vyemm. Considering that Vindication's current NToV raid has been going for 2 days, and I think you've cleared only Eashen and Aaryonar, I figured that you of all people would agree to these terms.
Vindication wanted shots at the dragons they couldn't clear to themselves and were complaining that rotations were a week long, even though the respawn rate was 7 days. When that was posted, Zlexak had been killed by Hoss a month prior; Vyemm and Vulak were killed for the first time on Druzzil by Hoss days later. (Vyemm on 2nd attempt with lower numbers than any other guild that we knew of)

The hilarious part was, Vindication had planned on going FFA (Druzzil mobs were heavily rotated) before they moved.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Bragging about your prowess with respect to 10+ year old accomplishments? Did you happen to blow your knee out before state, too?

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Two people came in here and bashed my guild with their nonsense posts. I am merely responding in kind as anybody else would.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Keep that epenis hard and strong, dont let it fade away into nothingness like a real one.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was part of the retard fest that was the rotation board on the Hoss forums, and I can pretty much guarantee that Torrid is correct. Except I was in L`Malla, a guild that followed after Hoss/ML/Vindi. We were the guild that got raped initially by the FFA hilarity, as it turns out. And we let a jaelin's katana rot, which predated the 30 minute inspect timer on corpses. Good times~

Vindication fled because ML decided to perma camp Ntov at respawn after the server went FFA, and Hoss stuck with.. I don't remember =X Wasn't the Sleeper deal like a week before Vindi went full retard? Because I am basically positive that after their night of hilarity that they ended up losing a shitload of spawns that would have been theirs had the rotations continued. L`Malla ended up killing most the Yelinaks/Danes/Tormaxes(ii?) if I recall correctly, largely because all the upgrades for Hoss were AoW (wasn't killed on Druzzil til Post Luclin release, by Hoss) or NTOV/HoT, and also if I remember correctly the vast majority of Hoss folks didn't want to mess up their PoG factions, so they didn't really try Tunare too much. NTOV became a basic no-go once Mythic set up camp because they had like more members than all other "endgame" guilds combined at the time, and could field a raid force at literally any time.

Were I 12 years younger with the same amount of fucks to give as I had during Velious? I would do that shit all over again. Today? Not so much.

Molten Core Raider
If we are bringing up old hates, fuck Stars on Tunare. The very epitome of Asian zerg guilds.

And screw you auto correct for constantly trying to capitalize "zerg".
I second this emotion. Waking up to an empty server sucked
frown.png

frown.png

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Not too much problems with Stars. We had cordial relations with them (old Tide member here), at least up to when I left (late Luclin).