Aradune Returns to EQ aka the EQ Nostalgia thread

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah but the one im talking about was posted back on foh for the lols. They had hundreds and hundreds of corpses at the zone line and still didnt kill him.

Also Im pretty sure spoictor was cybering the co leader of DB(linna) back in the day. After I left I flamed her and all of DB on solro.org and he came out white knighting her hardcore lol.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
During my time in RoV the ring event was thrown around a lot as an excuse for us falling behind. Didn't really buy it though. Thinking back I recall times where we couldn't muster the numbers that fu or AO could... And if we did it was a crap shoot if we'd actually kill it. I remember coirnav in PoWater being a ongoing problem for us
It was mostly just talent drain. Bristlebane didn't have enough good raiders for three top tier guilds, and the competition was too much of a motivator for one. It's pretty much like a two party political system. Once you've got two poles vying for primacy over one another, anyone caught in the middle was bound to get gobbled up. Club Fu really would have never existed if there hadn't been a pretty significant exodus of people from RoV, Succoring Winds and other earlier guilds. Keep in mind, RoV and AO were both old as fuck. They were around when the pyramids were young. Pouty formed Club Fu a fair bit later, and largely because he was tired of dealing with residual bullshit (and because he's an egomaniac who wanted to be in charge of every raid). Once RoV smashed the calendar, the gloves came off and made it viable for a guild like Club Fu to form. Until then, the server was pretty friendly all around, and I think that's part of why everyone sorta got along in spite of guild tags later on. If you weren't part of the inner circle in either AO, Fu, etc., you probably just didn't have enough enemies elsewhere to make trouble.

Utne

Molten Core Raider
I remember WoT, good people iirc but AB was pretty light on drama. There was that French zerg guild but that's about it. I was in Mortalis, transferred from Tholluxe after starting on Povar. Didn't stay long after PoP release though, and Mortalis disbanded/moved on soon after I think.

Any of you BB RoV folk remember a cleric called Olanthe?
It was what, Darkwind and Mortalis battling it out? Cant remember who was on top most though. I wanna say DW..

The french guild was Justice Divine. They used to train the shit out of everything, and collectively might've had 3 people that spoke passable english. God everyone hated those guys hah.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Yeah but the one im talking about was posted back on foh for the lols. They had hundreds and hundreds of corpses at the zone line and still didnt kill him.

Also Im pretty sure spoictor was cybering the co leader of DB(linna) back in the day. After I left I flamed her and all of DB on solro.org and he came out white knighting her hardcore lol.
There was also the one time where Eternal Flames had countless corpses at WL zoneline because they had done something to piss us off a few days before and our beloved Galadred (do I see a pattern here?) went and pulled the better part of Kael onto their Tormax raid.

I have to admit though, my raiding time was something I don't fondly look back on. I was drunk most of the time back then, and was an asshole towards my guild a lot of the time.

Another time we were doing Vex Thal and Odisea tried to pass us on the other path. We were first in zone and first up to whatever checkpoint the GM said would determine the winner. So Odisea was asked to leave the zone. Everyone but one of their necros left. She followed us and tried to watch our AHR fight. Sadly though, everyone but our monks logged out in the room before, and the monks didn't even notice! AHR somehow got aggro'd and that poor necro bit the dust.

The fact that I even remember this scares me.

I also remember our first AHR kill at some ridiculous time on a thursday night / friday morning, like 3 AM. Had to get up at 6 for work anyway so I decided to not go to sleep at all. Came home after work to a server reset and we got to do Vex Thal again, how wonderful! Raid start was 6pm and during buffing I decided to just lay down on the bed for a minute and be right back.
Woke up at midnight or so, got a coth.

iannis

Musty Nester
If you're too proud to bind rush you just don't deserve the loot.

We used to have a bind rush brigade for a couple of mobs. Cazic version 2 and I think some of the outdoor SoV dragons. Wizzies and druids would just manadump and suicide. lol.

Wizzies because it was effective. Druids because it was funny to see a bunch of hobbits go barreling up and get owned.

Kjal_sl

shitlord
It was what, Darkwind and Mortalis battling it out? Cant remember who was on top most though. I wanna say DW..

The french guild was Justice Divine. They used to train the shit out of everything, and collectively might've had 3 people that spoke passable english. God everyone hated those guys hah.
Mortalis was on top from server launch till after I had quit, then Darkwind took over when Mortalis folded. I think DW may even still be going, not sure. DW and us had reasonably good relations though, we were usually one or two steps ahead in progression so conflicts were pretty rare. It heated up slightly when they got access to VT, but we could clear it so fast it didn't really make much difference to us.

And hah yes, Justice Divine, that was the one. They were fucking awful, I think it was them I watched trying to break Fear. Epic lols.

Molten Core Raider
Let's test the waters, Vae Inimicus > Talisman. Or Pia Fidelis < every else.
I think someone is looking for Tunare nostalgia :p. I cannot be of much help, tried to stay out of that as much as possible, but did we really even have much memory worthy drama?

Bahb

Trakanon Raider
Little known fact about some old ass drama was that the GM that suspended Tigole and LoS for "exploiting" Vex Thal was a senior officer in our guild. I'm not even sure Zaar knew. That update is probably still on the LoS site somewhere if it is still active. Only a couple of us knew and we couldn't say a word. That would have been a huge shitstorm back then.
Bentos?

Elerion

N00b
Mortalis was on top from server launch till after I had quit, then Darkwind took over when Mortalis folded. I think DW may even still be going, not sure. DW and us had reasonably good relations though, we were usually one or two steps ahead in progression so conflicts were pretty rare. It heated up slightly when they got access to VT, but we could clear it so fast it didn't really make much difference to us.

And hah yes, Justice Divine, that was the one. They were fucking awful, I think it was them I watched trying to break Fear. Epic lols.
During PoP, Mortalis was on Venril Sathir, competing with Tide for server firsts and usually winning (IIRC). As far as I can remember they were consistently top ~10 worldwide during that era.

I was in a rather scrubby guild on VS at the time, but I think that's right. I remember reading progression lists and FoH/LoS/Triton websites to keep up with the drama.

Astennu

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bahb...there is a name I haven't heard in a long time. Yeah it was him. He's how we knew what "path" to take in SoL. We convinced the rival guild (Rising Ascension) to take the "Seru Path" and we'd take the Emperor path then we'd switch up. Well we did, and they did, and they never caught up.

Zaar and Triton were a bunch of pussies. Icy Hot Stuntaz 4 lyfe!
lol that is a good pull! Haven't thought about the Icy Hot Stuntaz shit in over a decade.

Kjal_sl

shitlord
During PoP, Mortalis was on Venril Sathir, competing with Tide for server firsts and usually winning (IIRC). As far as I can remember they were consistently top ~10 worldwide during that era.

I was in a rather scrubby guild on VS at the time, but I think that's right. I remember reading progression lists and FoH/LoS/Triton websites to keep up with the drama.
Antonius and Kane Bayle were the first Euro transfer servers, they opened somewhere around the time of PoP release (can't remember exactly). A holding guild called Innit was formed that contained a lot of the high end raiders moving from US servers, and I can't remember if someone brought the Mortalis name/guild from their old server and Innit merged or Innit itself became Mortalis. Rindain (of the Nexus) was GM and Kheops was raid leader if anyone remembers those names from a US server and wants to fill out the history. I'm old and have forgotton most of it
smile.png

From the Wiki - "Two SOE servers were set up to better support players in (or simply closer to) Europe: Antonius Bayle and Kane Bayle. Kane Bayle was merged into Antonius Bayle.

With the advent of the New Dawn promotion, three additional servers were set up and maintained by Ubisoft: Venril Sathir (British), Sebilis (French) and Kael Drakkal (German). "

So I can only imagine they left for VS from AB after I had left the game. It was the Seru kill (world 2nd after FOH maybe? Been too long) that made me leave the game pretty much, along with the retarded flagging system, so it was within a month of that and Mortalis was definitely on AB at that point. The most boring shit in the world that Seru encounter but I digress.

EDIT:

SoL expansion not PoP, I remember we got close to Emp on day of release using the werewolf faction bug and COH. Drembo arrived as a 100 foot tall halfling and asked how the fuck did we get up there lol

smile.png

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
If I remember correctly, they had problems competing with Afterlife and that Japanese guild that I can't remember the name of. It was so long ago.
The mith marr japanese folk were so nice. I remember Colleague of Sanctuary just because it was an odd name, and Immortal Bravery I think was the other one. I remember a japanese bard surviving one of those random cross zone death touches in very early fear. Partial resist I guess.

Iwazaru_sl

shitlord
I think someone is looking for Tunare nostalgia :p. I cannot be of much help, tried to stay out of that as much as possible, but did we really even have much memory worthy drama?
We had the normal cybering of officers and wives that was prevalent in EQ, some of which spilled over into the real world. There was Thogg who should of won the Warrior BotB but the GM's wouldn't give him time to let his disciplines reset. The Talisman / Vae Inimicus split wasn't the friendliest. We fought for top dog though Luclin to include attempts to KS Ssra Blood to claim rights to Emp as well as some VT shenanigans. Though Talisman won in the end when Vae folded around PoP timeframe I still believe the core of Vae were better players. Plenty of US / Euro / Asian timezone hate to go around. As well as infighting and prick waiving for all the second and third tier guilds, Cynosure, Pia Fidelis, Divine Crusade?. Was fun all in all, just looking to see if I could bait some people I may know out into the open.

Edit: O, and I think we had the necro responsible for the level limit on old world dragons when he solo'd Nagafen to prove he could in front of a GM.