Aradune Returns to EQ aka the EQ Nostalgia thread

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
teheuroslaya.jpg

best shit ever. i remember getting kicked out of bor like every month for my efforts to battle the european population of solro(training, ksing, warping around). wish i was smarter with my eq screenshots. my fav part about teheuroslaya is that for SOME reason, everyone assumed it was someone else and not me. despite my reputation and the fact i did that same emote with EVERY picture i took of my chars
lemsig2.jpg

oh krassus, shinra said he saw modo playing dota the other day. modo wouldnt sponsor one of my million dollar idea, despite himself being a millionaire, so im not his friend anymore

teheuroslaya.jpg

lemsig2.jpg

Deeone

Molten Core Raider
I was in Stars on Tunare, I remember Talisman, Divine Crusade and Stars had a deal to keep RZ on lockdown to keep all the other guilds out of Elementals which was pretty funny.

Molten Core Raider
Ahh cynosure, there was a group of prizewinners. Had a few people I knew IRL that moved back and forth between a few of the guilds. Quechal (SK), and Racur (Warrior), but I think for the most part they were fairly low profile. My wife and I played but never managed to make it into any of the "good" guilds. I think the biggest claim to fame I can think of is being on the raid when a few people found out Searph was in fact NOT a female. Ironically enough, I was the reason it happened. He never hung out in my store again lol.

errr_sl

shitlord
I knew of at least one of those on Tunare. Property of the GGArmy. And Cynosure had some good people in it. And some absolute tools. One of the Ranger officers was from Sweden and cybered her way around the block at least once.
Pena and Jovann had access to one. I remember the shit storm that ensued during Luclin when this came to light. Vae began it's initial demise during this time if not sooner.

Kunark to Luclin were good times. Tunare was a general cesspool. There were capable guilds in many time zones which created hostility and it's in part what made the game and server so fun. The amount of hours spent logged in was generally redic.

As much as people might not want (choose) to admit it, for those that played on Tunare, it is in part of what made it so fun and memorable. 13 years later and I can still recall things about it vividly.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
haha yes. We pretty much said "fuck the law" and went there. Damn if there was bad blood between us and Transcended. We were on each other throat for months. It was a miracle we did not have any major incident like training each other. Anytime members of our guilds were in the same zone /ooc became very intresting to read

who were you btw?
Transcended was a drama magnet but god damn there were some fun guys in that guild. Was in Dragon Army myself.

Bahb

Trakanon Raider
Bahb...there is a name I haven't heard in a long time. Yeah it was him. He's how we knew what "path" to take in SoL. We convinced the rival guild (Rising Ascension) to take the "Seru Path" and we'd take the Emperor path then we'd switch up. Well we did, and they did, and they never caught up.
I'm a bit surprised that you remember the name Bahb. I didn't make a whole lot of noise in my time with Triton.

Thanks for clarifying that it was Bentos. I haven't lost any sleep over it, but I have wondered if my suspicions about him were right from time to time. I'm not positive what finally convinced me years ago that he had to be a dev or GM or something of that nature. There were a few clues. Maybe it was the max level Halfling Ranger with nearly full dragon armor he turned up with about two days after that race/class combo unlocked.

This also makes me wonder if Zaar was actually ebaying loots as he was accused or if the discovery of the Plane of Mischief was legit. Maybe Zaar was actually the guy behind the Transaxion high-end bazaar trader too.

kudos

<Banned>
I remember one time on karana we were racing another guild for emp ssra and so we illusioned into ogres and just sat in the doorway until our force showed up. Nobody got through...

Dachande_sl

shitlord
If I remember correctly, they had problems competing with Afterlife and that Japanese guild that I can't remember the name of. It was so long ago.
Not really, we were both killing Trakanon at the time the server split. Why stay on a server with level competition when you can go to a new server and dominate all of the faggots from Tunare?

Cats in Hats ruled Drinal..we even had Anthony from Opie and Anthony in our guild until dumb ass Lern ruined that for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4iyRvPFIQs

Only picture I have from 1999.

rrr_img_18455.jpg

rrr_img_18455.jpg

Vardisk_sl

shitlord
And who the fuck are you? Your memory is terrible. The Hoss forum still exists and has every post going back to June 2001, so I can say with absolute confidence that the following is accurate as I just went back and took a trip down memory lane.

First of all, Seekers imploded in the middle of Velious. Before that happened, most of them split off to form Vindication. Vindication is the guild that moved to Stormhammer, and they moved after Luclin shipped.

When Druzzil opened, there were two other major guilds: Seekers and Mythic Legion. Both guilds outnumbered Hoss by like 4 to 1 or more at the time. But when those guilds saw Hoss doing planes with a faction of their zerg numbers, it attracted some of their more talented individuals to our guild. Our MT from Kunark to mid Luclin was ex-Seekers, and I'm pretty sure our freakin' guild leader was ex-Seekers. I assure you the flow of guild members went one way with very few exceptions.

When Velious launched, we went on dragon faction, which delayed our entrance into NToV a bit. We started doing that wing later than Vindication yet still beat them to the three hardest kills at least. I can't confirm server firsts for the other dragons, but I'm sure we had more.

I can confirm the following server firsts for Hoss:

Venril Sathir
Chardok Queen
Warrior Epic
Test of Tactics 1 (flawless victory)
Test of Tactics 2
Multiple Velk kills before any other guild
Upgraded CT
Upgraded Innoruuk
Dozekar
Zlexak (killed with 35 people, 2 deaths)
Vyemm
Vulak
Ventani

I wish the wayback machine had the hossguild.org Velious news posts so I could confirm possible other server firsts and maybe get some more kill attendance numbers. We were doing ntov with sub 40 while other guilds had 50+

If Vindication was the top guild on the server, why would they flee to pay 4x the sub price? Btw, Hoss hosted the guild rotation and interguild relations forum. It's still up and viewable without a forum account here:http://forums.hossguild.org/forumdis...uild-Relations

Found this little gem of a post from my guildleader:

Vindication wanted shots at the dragons they couldn't clear to themselves and were complaining that rotations were a week long, even though the respawn rate was 7 days. When that was posted, Zlexak had been killed by Hoss a month prior; Vyemm and Vulak were killed for the first time on Druzzil by Hoss days later. (Vyemm on 2nd attempt with lower numbers than any other guild that we knew of)

The hilarious part was, Vindication had planned on going FFA (Druzzil mobs were heavily rotated) before they moved.
Nice, Hoss left Sol Ro because of the euro guilds shitting all over them? You guys must've loved it when <Europa> transfered to Druzzil Ro and took everything, I guess that's why your server first list doesn't have anything from Luclin or PoP?
smile.png

I was in Seekers until they left for Stormhammer, then I joined Pravus Mortis until WoW came out. Only thing I really remember from that guild is every single chick in it posting nudes of themselves on a hidden subforum on the guild boards. EQ just got kind of boring after Vanilla and Kunark for me.

smile.png

Titan_sl

shitlord
I played on Tunare and Tribunal oddly enough, pretty much at the same time. Right around Luclin i made the decision to play warrior full time on Tunare. Was in Divine Crusade. God, that guild was a clusterfuck. About a year and half after I joined, we just started mass recruiting from every guild we could just to field numbers. Our Core were probably 12-15 of the best players on that server, but aside from that, everyone pretty much not that great. It really ruined the fun, so i moved to Tribunal and joined up with Elitists. Good times, good time.

As far as Tunare goes. jesus, there was a few dirtbag guilds that i never got to really be around for(But did some stuff with players.. Krieger, Pia, Veterans). But Cynosure for sure took the cake as the absolute scum of that server. When you only progress because you can raid with 90+ people in open Planes, there is an issue!

Tribunal was far less drama honestly. Aside from Happyhead clan(I vaguley remember some of the old school Companions, Elitists and Vagrants, Legendary, and Transcendant(?) drama that went on in Kael. Companions training AoW to zone while other guilds were trying to prepare=great ooc fun). Man, fuck, I miss some of the old school drama EQ provided.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There should be an entire EQ nostalgia subforum. Have threads for all the classic servers. We could all spread the word on gaming sites/forums and facebook. I bet it would boost the traffic.