Aradune Returns to EQ aka the EQ Nostalgia thread

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Every single Tunare raid I ever attended I fell asleep before she died. It probably happened a dozen times. That zone was so fucking boring.

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
The Tunare raid is a sore spot for me. First Petrified Heartwood Flamberge we had drop was due to go to my pally and the Guild Leader ended up gifting it to his German SK pal who fucked off and server transferred a month later. Then I discovered I'd ballsed up my rep for my epic turn-in and ended up spending what felt like weeks handing in fucking muffins.

darkko_sl

shitlord
From what I can remember of our Tunare raids was beginning the break, having to go to work for 7ish hours, coming back and realizing I hadn't missed a thing lol

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I remember Herzog taking on our entire guild of Unnatural Selection in the arena when he was decked out in cobalt/epics. He destroyed us, couldn't land shit on that big bastard.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I was the raid leader & main puller for my guild. It dawned on me that there was 1 time where we were able to pull Tunare without clearing the zone. A lot of luck was involved because I remember we had a helluva time trying to reproduce it (don't think we ever did do it again, or we might not have done Tunare again after that, I forget).

There was a trick to the linked aggro which you could get around. I can't remember 100% how it worked but I believe it was something like this (This applies to Tunare & Vulak pre-Ring event in particular):

Once you aggro the main mob (ex: Tunare or Vulak), all of the "linked" mobs would run to that creature. Once these mobs made it to the creature, they would go into "reset" mode. Once they were in reset mode, you would then re-aggro the main mob, all of the "linked" mobs would again run to the creature, but since they would be very close (or on top of) the main creature, they would arrive and go into "reset" mode very quickly. Using this tactic, a monk could feign-pull Tunare and/or Vulak solo out of the pack. It was especially easy with Vulak for some reason, but Tunare was more of a bitch because the zone was huge and mobs would all arrive at Tunare at different times, also I believe the Treant bosses had links of their own and they themselves were linked to Tunare, so you were dealing with several layers of linking that could be a bitch to deal with, plus the fact everything rooted, dispelled, etc. (Druids were a bitch).

That aside, there was 1 night in particular I remember we just finished killing Yelinak, we went to PoG and somehow did Tunare in less than an hour (we were expecting to have to spend most of the night there clearing but had an extremely lucky pull), then we went to Kael and did Tormax. Was one of the best nights ever at that time for the guild doing 3 major bosses in less than 3 hours.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
The Tunare raid is a sore spot for me. First Petrified Heartwood Flamberge we had drop was due to go to my pally and the Guild Leader ended up gifting it to his German SK pal who fucked off and server transferred a month later. Then I discovered I'd ballsed up my rep for my epic turn-in and ended up spending what felt like weeks handing in fucking muffins.
Wait, you were surprised that killing the goddessyour paladin worshippedfucked over your faction? Did you spend a lot of time as a child eating paint chips?

Modo_sl

shitlord
Modo I still have you and mines special screen shot, one day when youre super rich and famous i will re-release it to TMZ and the public.
Krasssus! PM me that screenshot so I know what I'm in for!

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
He was just ahead of his time, everyone knows player choices with consequences arent part of modern game design.

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
Wait, you were surprised that killing the goddessyour paladin worshippedfucked over your faction? Did you spend a lot of time as a child eating paint chips?
If I'd been a dandelion-eater maybe but as I was a dorf then I had no real issues butchering PoG. The population of Kelethin on the other hand...

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Ah, fair enough.
biggrin.png

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

Dachande_sl

shitlord
The best part of raiding as an SK during Velious was that you didn't really need to help out other than pulling mobs occasionally.

My favorite part of NTOV was when other guilds would be raiding the Eastern wing. Back then if you stood in front of a wall and used Holgresh Elder Beads to summon an eyeball it would randomly spawn in certain parts of the zone. You'd then have 10-20 seconds?? to float over to the Eastern wing and open the door to chain aggro mobs and wipe out whatever raid was there.
biggrin.png
biggrin.png

I can't count how many times I did this and no one ever caught on that it wasn't some idiot in their guild opening the door.

Later on in Velious our "competition" zerg alliance guilds were finally able to kill King Tormax. They copied our strategy of pulling him to the Wakening Lands zone to kill him there. This worked out perfectly as I use to train Vindicator and his guards onto them and zone out before they even realized what had happened.

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah look at the date though... it was supposed to be gamewide first... with a zerg of unorganized pickups and fucknuts.
He servermoved to join BotS not very much later I think.
Yeah he did. Was active on the old FOH forums for a while too with his shenanigans. He was actually pretty easy to work with if memory serves on Rathe.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
KtF had him locked down for a good 1-2 weeks, but like all mobs, he had an exact respawn timer (7 days I believe?). So when one day we knew he was spawn at 6am, all of Nameless Order logged on at five fucking thirty A.M. and took that fucker out in one shot without having to deal with a shit lag fest behind us. KtF really never knew we'd have that kind of dedication to do that, and I think that's why they didn't bother to do the same thing. You could tell they were kind of stunned we did that.
I told that Sol Ro story not long ago to some guys here at work. I was in NO back during POP and the craptastic expansion after that before leaving when WoW launched as a warrior, Tima. I usually kept out of the interguild politicking but couldnt avoid the inter-warrior drama we had. I still make fun of Minet to this day also...

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I told that Sol Ro story not long ago to some guys here at work. I was in NO back during POP and the craptastic expansion after that before leaving when WoW launched as a warrior, Tima. I usually kept out of the interguild politicking but couldnt avoid the inter-warrior drama we had. I still make fun of Minet to this day also...
I remember you Tima! Minet.....used to...type...like........this...right? Or was it shitloads of commas? ,,,,,,,,,,,,

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Both, but it was always two commas instead of one every fucking time. Ill never forget when he told us, being completely serious, that he named his character Minet because he was from Minetsoda.