Archeage

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
jhcLDed.png
Nice sentence. Sucks you can't engage in combat in jail. I'd just stay, forever, shanking people, waiting for that doe eyed n00b with the 1 minute sentence for accidentally picking the wrong berry to be trapped in my prison rape cave of rape. They'd never pick berries, or walk correctly, ever again.

rrr_img_67226.jpg

Vitality

HUSTLE
Nice sentence. Sucks you can't engage in combat in jail. I'd just stay, forever, shanking people, waiting for that doe eyed n00b with the 1 minute sentence for accidentally picking the wrong berry to be trapped in my prison rape cave of rape. They'd never pick berries, or walk correctly, ever again.

rrr_img_67226.jpg
Doubled the rape. I can tell you mean business.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire

rrr_img_67226.jpg
LMAO you made my fucking evening with this

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

rrr_img_67226.jpg
I agree with this. Seems like prison is meant to be boring but even as an anti I think it'd be great if there was a cut-throat prison atmosphere.Maybe not full on rape animations,but shanking, full PvP 'loot' for high end shanks and cigarettes, a prison crafting system etc.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
A friend of mine ran a fantastic UO shard that he never advertised and it has ran it's course.

He got ahold of the C# source code for whatever the big server emulation software was and created his own prison island (that island near Yew) that had a fairly amazing ruleset.

If you're at all curious, scroll down on this page to check out the ruleset. This if from 2007.

http://web.archive.org/web/200704271...nmaniylem.com/

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
For posterity, here's what's in there:
Prison

Prison is completely different from Jail. Prison is where naughty players or hopeless macroers go to pine away their days. It is not the definitive end of the character like Jail would be - although in some cases it might well be. No matter how harsh Prison sounds, keep in mind the only other viable option is deleting the character. (which you are allowed to do while in prison). However, if someone is caught who keeps getting in trouble using dummy accounts or characters, we are willing and able to determine their "main" character and jail that one instead.

There are, literally, no rules in Prison. Upon being imprisoned, a few things happen to the character.

The character is moved inside the prison compound located north of Yew
The character loses the ability to page a GM. (as will their other characters if they keep paging staff members with them)
A special 'Prisoner' title is granted to the player which overrides any other title.
The character is given murderer status. Their title will not show murderer, and their actual kill count remains the same. (It might increase given the nature of Prison!)
The character is given 'a prisoner collar' which serves several purposes such as keeping track of them and keeping them on the prison island. It cannot be removed by normal means.
The character is given a safety orange 'prisoner robe'. It is somewhat optional.
The date of their imprisonment is automatically recorded.
"i must consider my sins" will also show how long you have been incarcerated.

There are a few things to do in Prison.

Work up your skills! There is no telling what skills may come in handy behind bars. Experiment and find out.
There are special training dummies with a higher skill limit than regular ones, use them to beef up your combat skills.
There are plenty of trees on the island, as well as a few places to mine. You could use this time to work on your crafting skills. Remember that with tinker tools, you can create all of the necessary tools such as smithing hammers, shovels, sewing kits, pickaxes, and more tinker tools!
A forge and anvil have been provided. This will allow for the creation of weapons and armor.
A bulletin board has been provided near the entrance (across from the shrine) so you may communicate with other prisoners who are not online.

There are a few ways to be released from Prison.

There is an item, "a pardon scroll" which will sometimes appear on the prison island. It looks just like a house deed. It may just spawn on the ground. It may be hidden in a crate or under a tree. A guard might have one in his backpack if you manage to take him down. Just know that when you get one of these, hang onto it at all costs, it is your one way off of this rock. It can only be used on the platform near the Prison entrance/exit, and only after a certain amount of time has expired.
There may be special events where a pardon is given to the survivor of a 'last man standing' type of ordeal, or a race to the first person who can turn in a certain amount of ingots or boards. Who knows what. These events may or may not be broadcast to the server, or announced in advance.
You can escape! Not to say that it is easy, but if you do manage to find a way off of the prison island, you will still be labeled as a prisoner and will find life on the outside somewhat difficult to adjust to. If you managed a daring escape and want to keep your silence and live as a prisoner, that is fine. If you want to describe to a staff member how you escaped so it can be fixed to prevent others from escaping, you will be given an official pardon and a reward of 100,000 gold if you correctly identify a way off.
Incidentally, there may also be a way to break onto the island. You may be stuck there. If you can correctly identify a way onto the island, you will be given a reward of 25,000 gold and of course set free.
The pardon scrolls now have functionality to have a built-in timer. So a character can be jailed for a certain length of time before being set free. This will allow shorter prison visits like 7 or 30 days. Take the time to work on your character! These pardon scrolls will be blessed so you will not have to worry about losing them - however - if I were you I would not lose this scroll! These can be lost if you set them down or trade them or something silly. If you lose it, you are in for as long as everyone else.
There are now also "Resource Pardon Scrolls" that will let you out of jail after you have collected a certain amount of wood, ingots, or cloth. It does not matter if you create them, steal them, or kill from them. They can only be added to the deed in 1000 amount increments, so be careful with your pile while you are working on it!

Anyone who get imprisoned on purpose or for any reason other than stated is still subject to everything listed above and will not be let out or given any special circumstances.
Lighter prison sentences can be handed out for any number of things, including :
Your character being stuck (and it's your fault , not a bugs) and you would rather do some prison time than bargain your way out of the situation or finding an alternate method on your own.
Abuse of the GM paging system. This is an important one! This page you are reading is crammed full of information, and the forums have much to offer as well. The GM paging system is not your personal help guide.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I just miss being able to rob people like in UO and The Realm, this berry stealing shit isn't cutting it. Thats why I play more APB: Reloaded than any MMO atm, because I can steal TVs, put them in my van, C-Walk on a corner, and steal heroin from drug mules while player cops try to arrest me.

Player justice systems add so much "emergent gameplay".

mrmoneda_sl

shitlord
Interesting (to me) things gleamed from the stream today:

-Cash shop credits will be able to be bought with in-game gold via an in-game item
-Alpha servers will be down during beta events
-Beta servers to be wiped right before head start
-Credits for the cash shop to be given out during test period so we can test it, and any spent will be reimbursed after beta
-Player-made factions won't be in our version of AA at launch
-Class changes to hit test servers before beta

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
-Player-made factions won't be in our version of AA at launch

i must have missed this one.

Conkuur_sl

shitlord
The more I learn about this game the more interested I get. Finally a game with difficulty and challenge. I almost want to kick out some money for this to play it. Almost.

Vitality

HUSTLE
From Reddit

A surprisingly lot of information from Trion's Stream today was announced, here is a summary for anyone who missed out:

1.Build (3.03) which is the NEXT build will be released soon, some things announced in this build were:
.PvP Balance changes (maybe skill reworks? maybe skill ping changes?)

.80/20 will be implemented

.English voice overs to be added

3 . Guilda Stars can only be earned from trading if a pack is delivered to another continent (not only dailies)

4 . Item Shop to be implemented "very soon", a lot of items are being "reworked" due to being over-powered in Korea which is a reason why it is taking time.

.Specifically a "Griffin pet" that could be used as a ground mount and glider offered high ground and air speeds. Trion looking at reworking these values.

.Main Goal: Ensure cash shop items are "in-line with world obtained items"

5 . Trion looking at a way for players to buy Tokens from the Item Shop that can be sold to players for gold so they can buy items from the Item Shop (similar approach to RIFT I hear).

6 . Not currently confirmed but Trion has requested the ability to buy Patron Status with 'credits' (the currency available in the Founder's Packs)

7 . Some items from the Founder's Pack like the "gliders" are being created exclusively for NA/EU and won't immediately be available in other regions. Also, the Founder's glider has the same skill set as another glider in game (specific glider was not specified).

8 . The "Credits" in the founders pack will be reloaded at live so feel free to use in Alpha/Beta. Also, the "credits" are shared in Alpha/Beta. ALSO, the Founder's Pack untradeable items (glider, title, cloak etc.) will be available on all of the account's characters, there will be caps on the consumables (I think they said 5-6)?