Archeage

Myst

Peasant
What a freaking cluster fuck of a fucking mess this fucking game is right now. I bought the 50$ Silver founder pack, did not receive ANY items. I try live chat for 3 days straight with no luck... no response after 12-14 hour waits. Now I am finally told I received my items... I log in to find an "experimental glider" and "Founder coin", nothing else. Patron status? Non existent.

Back to support I go! "Sorry sir all your items have been applied and there is nothing else we can do!" HAH! Ya I think I am getting too old for this. Moving on and requesting a charge back.

Good luck to all of you!

Oh and this is the first time I've ranted on this forum since 1999. Good job Trion.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like AA could use an edge of the mist map to help with queues, jk.
tongue.png

What a
TrainWreck1.gif
this turned out to be, glad I avoided it now.

Myst

Peasant
What else was the silver founder pack supposed to give? That's all I got as well
You were fine receiving an experimental glider and a coin that gives you a title and +1 to all stats for 50$? Because that is exactly what I got.

I am missing my 2500 credits, my free month and my patron status. Not only that, if I would've waited, I would've just purchased the starter pack which offers a greater value. Way to reward your founders!

Stave

Potato del Grande
This is getting to be a fucking joke. Glad I did not buy any packs. I literally have spent 30+ hours in queue since Tues, and gotten in once, for about an hour before servers came down one night. I queue in the morning when I leave for work, I get home from work in the evening, I still have 1000+ ahead of me, and the last 3 nights, when I get down within about 400, I end up "losing network connection" even though my internet doesn't go down at all. At this point it almost feels like Trion is trolling non-patrons. And they want me to give them money for this shit?

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I enjoy the game, despite the obvious flaws, but trion has really burned a ton of good will with this launch. What a cluster fuck.

Scyfi

N00b
There are at least 30 bots running around in Villanelle on Salphira. Their GM staff is a joke.

A sad day when even Hartsman lets us down.

Cybsled

The bot report being 24 hours is kind of a joke. Why the fuck is it so long? Make that shit 3 hours max.

How is leveling by using labor compared to grinding? I've been mixing some mining with questing (only lvl 15 atm). It seems to be pretty decent considering I can sell off the stone/ore I mine and purchase labor pots that yield more than the 3-4g they cost on the AH.

I'm F2P at the moment, considering if it's possible to buy APEX from the AH to get Patron status.

Also, any leveling builds that are better than others? I'm a Daggerspell right now, but I'd like to switch into a class with some healing and cc for late game PVP. Any suggestions? Oh, and consumables...regrade gems, evenstones, etc. What should I bother with now and what should I wait on? I just got a few Evenstones via a quest. Should I be turning all of my old equipment into Archeum motes?

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Daggerspell is good. Strong at the start for sure but towards the later half of the middle (30-39) you start to feel as though your damage is lacking for the mob hp. Then at 40 you gain access to some new skills / combos that really help things out and you become complete. Regardless of class the sweet spot IMO is a duo of almost any two classes for leveling. Preferably with at least one that can do dps and "best" being 2 AE classes that can just blow up 10+ mobs a pull.

I believe crafting is a fixed % of level for labor spent. Save up labor, pop a pot and afk craft is great xp. As is gathering.

Break down your green or better gear with even stones. Save everything as its all valuable. You can get more evenstones from the blacksmith.

If you want healing you should consider it now while you're still low level. Waiting until max and swapping skills to level is no trivial matter. Unless you have lots of mats and lots of time to wait for labor to regen.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Bond's pics are amusing, but the textures on them. Pretty horrible.

Not doing the game a favor there, bud. They are fuglier than your shots.

edit: HAHA! I see the goldsellers don't have any problems getting on by your chat. Wonder if they got Patron status too, lol.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I thought I remember reading somewhere that if you pull more than 8 mobs they get a debuff that makes them take less damage?

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
You wanna hear some real fucking bullshit? I finally got into the game last night at 1am and promptly bought another character slot so if I ever get another 10 hour queue I could piss around on another server...and that mutherfucker is locked to Kyrios. It won't let me create a character on another server, so it's basically fucking useless. So basically if you already have two characters you can't have ANY more on ANY fucking server without deleting one of your two characters. Man I'm pissed.

Edit: 2500 queue on Kyrios and 708 queue on live support...fuck this game.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bond's pics are amusing, but the textures on them. Pretty horrible.

Not doing the game a favor there, bud. They are fuglier than your shots.
Most people don't tweak the .cfg file : default setup is terrible, ugly graphics / textures and runs like shit. Most changes are about optimization, the game will be way prettier and will run better. If you're interested to play a prettier game with more FPS checkhttp://archeage-ressource.fr/config.php(Google translate it, it's in le french).

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
There are at least 30 bots running around in Villanelle on Salphira. Their GM staff is a joke.

A sad day when even Hartsman lets us down.
I sorta don't blame him for the Defiance mess. He did exactly what I would do if I had my former company sucking my dick to come back and run it; tell them to get rid of all that fucking dead weight in San Diego (pretty sure that was a condition). Most of Defiance happened off of his watch so I'm guessing he didn't want to be tied to that.

Butthismess.. with all his "F2P" speeches over the last couple of years is squarely on his shoulders. Trion sought out to publish AAge under his watch with his blessing. He's starting to reach Marc Jacobs/Warhammer proportions with this game.

Pretty sure Smedley is sitting back and laughing because now his name isn't even pushed around except as a "That guy cleaned up his act" sort of thing.

Daggerspell is good. Strong at the start for sure but towards the later half of the middle (30-39) you start to feel as though your damage is lacking for the mob hp. Then at 40 you gain access to some new skills / combos that really help things out and you become complete. Regardless of class the sweet spot IMO is a duo of almost any two classes for leveling. Preferably with at least one that can do dps and "best" being 2 AE classes that can just blow up 10+ mobs a pull.

I believe crafting is a fixed % of level for labor spent. Save up labor, pop a pot and afk craft is great xp. As is gathering.

Break down your green or better gear with even stones. Save everything as its all valuable. You can get more evenstones from the blacksmith.

If you want healing you should consider it now while you're still low level. Waiting until max and swapping skills to level is no trivial matter. Unless you have lots of mats and lots of time to wait for labor to regen.
Thanks for the info. How hard is it to respec into another class at lvl 30 or so? This is the first time I've played the game so I'm still checking out all of the skill trees and haven't really settled on what I want yet.

On the equipment side, are there any general rules for what type of armor to take? I've been using mostly leather and cloth so far, but there isn't a clear indication of what I should be wearing. Same goes for dual wielding vs 1h/shield vs 2h. How much does it matter?