Archeage

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
man, pretty shocked that no beta has been announced yet.

i really wonder what is going on.

is it this hard to make money from MMO in America?

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've been tossing and turning between ESOL or WS for a filler game in 2014, in beta's for both, but if NA AA was starting beta soon I would just drop my pants and head there.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
After reading that review my hopes are now ready to be crushed, please prove me wrong Scott.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
This is going to sound pretty stupid. I think if at all possible they should release this up against the new WoW expansion. People want something to play, something different. Wildstar and Teso will have bled off most of their playerbase by then. The pvp crowd is dying for a city building open world pvp game. The pve crowd just might be enticed by the housing aspect on their own carebear servers in Archage. Give people a reason to not go back to WoW and they just might not. Plus advertise the fuck out of pirate ships, everyone loves pirate ships. My 2 cents.
Very much agree with this. It sounds crazy to some I'm sure to go against a WoW expansion , but I think it's to a point in it's life where offering something different at the same time is a plus. Combined with the WS/TESO likely dwindling it would be a decent time around the early holiday season to launch.

Pirates. Fuck yeah!

Annoying it's been in a year since the Trion announcement and no beta in sight.
Really hoping we hear something in the next few weeks about it , read something about rumors of during a dev conference soon there might be an announcement. As said before , Scott can sell closed beta access and I think he'd fine plenty willing to pay. I would.

After reading that review my hopes are now ready to be crushed, please prove me wrong Scott.
I'm not sure how much say so he and Trion have , but it would be a great sign for him to be able to tell the AA folks ,hey lots like the current Russian patch level , let's go that route. I imagine the issues come later in how do they get future content/patches in without screwing up the rules.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
If they go with the current Russian patch and do their own thing from there its going to be as I said before, very solid game.

If they decide to go with the patch pattern in Korea then things do change a bit. I never played Korea but I do know some of the changes there were terrible.

Especially the Dalies for Delphi as opposed to trade routes which is pants on the head retarded as is the Northern peace zone. There was some good in the patch, namely class balance items but overall the changes are pretty bad. Hopefully Trion can pick and choose a little and hopefully that is why things have been so delayed.

Developers that use daily quests to meter out game play like some giant fun jew need to cut that shit out. I'm fine with those quests acting as some kind of casual welfare for people that can only play an hour every few days but let me get those items through other means in your bloody game.

If you want to make a "Good" change then add XP for PVP kills with steep diminishing returns for multiple kills of the same person. That way people can level other skills lines in a slightly more reasonable manner once they hit max level.

I wouldn't put money on Trion making the game more hard core. I may be wrong but my guess is they are going to go for broad market appeal even if it makes the game a bit more theme park and less sandbox. Very sad and hopefully I'm wrong but I doubt we get what Russia has right now.

Hope I am wrong. Maybe they'll see the exodus in Korea after the change with all the bitching and change their mind. Maybe they'll double down on it thinking the NA market can't handle the older version and go the route they see as safer.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Kedwyn - is there any group pve content? Dungeons, endgame dungeons, raids etc?
Yes. The over world contested mobs would be the raid content I guess. There are a variety of them all over the world at varying levels. I think i have a screen or two of one I'll see if i can dig it up.

There is certainly a variety of things to do at end game and its not as simple as doing a few dailies to get the stuff you need to get it done. Something I hope Trion doesn't trivialize.

Edit:

Saw this guy on an alt I've been messing with and grabbed a SS. Need raid numbers to take him.

rrr_img_62665.jpg

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Really enjoying this game. I'm not a big fan of tab target combat anymore but it is well done and feels good. Also tired of quest hub games but they make the questing painless. Just spam F key to pick up and turn in all your quests and nice numbered markers on the ground to tell you where to go. The world feels open even though I know I'm being herded. Love the class system and look forward to getting into the theorycrafting of it. The game engine is amazing. The world is beautiful and plays flawlessly on all my computers. I'm able to play at medium settings with shadows on a laptop with a I7 and 460M with 4 gigs of ram. That same laptop shits the bed on Wildstar.

I haven't even gotten to the stuff I'm looking forward to yet and I'm still having a blast. Does anyone know what the whole court jail thing is about? I keep seeing people sentenced to jail for a certain amount of minutes and then people typing in chat with (juror) next to their name doing the equivalent of LOL in russian.

I can see myself subbing to this game easily for a long time with the PVP and sandbox elements it has. Hopefully Trion will release some info soon and get this released over here before it's too late.

Found some info on the Prison court system, sounds lulzy.

ArcheAge the Criminal System (Crime-Court-Prison-Pirate CBT5) - New Articles & Guides - ArcheAge Source

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
There are a fair bit of named mobs around many of the camps. Sometimes they are quest mobs which should be apparent but about 50% of the camps have some rare named that pops occasionally and drops rare loot. Found a few of them later at night / early morning RU time and got a few rare drops which sell well on the AH or could be broken down for the rare mats. The quest mobs tend to be named "leader" or "king" and the named mobs are more like "Silkmaster" or "Fire Bush" etc...

One other thing I really like is the ratio for quest xp compared to mob xp seems to be holding true as I level up. 10 to 15 mobs equals a quest turn in, which really makes killing mobs on the way to and from satisfying. This, in addition to the drops you get which are necessary as any crafting or item drop that can be broken down in worth $$$$$.

The game also doesn't shit loot from the sky. Doing every single quest, I stilllook through all the rewards (there is generally a great selection) and when I get an upgrade for that 6 level old BP I feel pretty stoked. This isn't a game where it shits out loot like a broken slot machine. You will be looking at every single item that you pick up because they are all worth something for the most part and when you get an upgrade it gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling.

I love that any class can use any weapon or armor. Its more about stats for the most part than it is about what you're using. They do a pretty good job of keeping stats varied. Weapons / Armor types like DW or say Medium have small buffs that MIGHT be more appealing for certain classes combos but they all have interesting buffs. From my time so far they all seem viable as well end game.

Travel times feel awesome as well. The world is freaking huge. I was messing around on the west side of the eastern continent doing some quests on an alt. My next quest series took me two zones NE on the western coast. So I took off on my mount. Took me about 15 minutes to traverse those two zones.

Now before people bitch about OMG travel times. There are stones you can use to portal around the world. You can make them via crafting or you can buy them from someone else on the AH. I didn't have any so I couldn't portal my way back. So there are options for fast travel but they are expensive to use willy nilly. There are also stage coaches that run between the areas and sometimes you catch one heading in your direction and jump on for a bit faster of a ride.

Every time you move to a new area there are large books in the settlements. You walk up to the book and it logs that you have unlocked that area. You can hit "f" on the book and it changes your bind point to that book. These books are fairly common. I'd guess the average zone has 4 or 5 at least. Zones with cities have many more and zones with out many settlements might have less but they aren't super rare.

All characters have two abilities, one book and one is a return to bind. The return to bind works every 30 minutes and returns you to bind, DERP. The book opens up every book you have opened and you can use portal stones to move to those books at will. There are two types of stones, one allows travel on the current continent and another allows travel between continents. Both are crafted items. DO NOT BIND ON THE ENEMY CONTINENT UNLESS YOU HAVE THE STONE TO RETURN.

You also have an ability that will port you to the closest rez stone with the length of cast being determined by your distance to that stone. '

The NPC at these rez stones can change your spec lines for a fee and you also /pray to the NPC to get some of your lost XP back from NPC related deaths. Guards included. This also costs labor points in addition to durability. The more you die in PVE and PVP the longer your rez timer / sickness is.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still patiently waiting on this game. Wish Trion would work out whatever the hold up is. Thanks Kedwyn for all the info. Just makes me want to play it even more.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Just found this info , maybe they will be announcing a time frame for these things next week at GDC.......ArcheAge Trion Worlds is ready for GDC 2014

"Trion Worlds is on the move again and the new ArcheAge CM, Evan Berman a.k.a Scapes posted an update on ArcheageSource regarding the future plans for Alpha and Beta test.

When can I play? ArcheAge is currently in the Friends & Family Alpha test, but they plan to expand this stage in the coming weeks following GDC 2014, which will take place this month. "This strictly NDA'd phase will initially focus on pillars of the ArcheAge community but will definitely grow out further. We'll be transitioning from alpha to an NDA-free closed beta ." Scapes said "While the tech work continues, the team is also finalizing plans for early supporter pre-launch packages slated to be introduced during this timeframe and available for the duration of closed beta, leading into launch later this year."

ArcheAge demo ready for GDC 2014. Trion Worlds already prepared a compact press demo that fits inside fifteen minutes for GDC 2014 and will also share it on March 21 during the Friday Livestream on their official Twitch channel. From now on I guess I won't need to watch one hour of Rift and Trove action for like 10 seconds of ArcheAge news.

Who's behind the recent IP block on ArcheAge RU? As you probably know XLGames recently requested Mail.ru to block the foreign access to ArcheAge RU and many fans blamed Trion Worlds for this move. If there was any involvement from their side is still unknown as Scapes just said "ArcheAge has also been in the news due to XLGames' Russian partner, Mail.Ru, implementing a few rounds of changes of region-based access. While we've been keeping aware of new developments, it isn't our place to comment on game service decisions of XLGames' other publishers. Thanks in advance for understanding."

I need a place to spam. A new ArcheAge website is under development and the official forums are being finalized these days.

Patch 1.0 - To be or not to be . It seems that Trion Worlds will be able to change some game features with the help of XLGames in order to provide a true free-to-play sandbox that matches their "No Tricks, No Traps" vision. For example "XLGames has agreed to our request that racial quests grant experience (which had been removed) and that mounts/gliders purchased from the cash shop provide solid value and fun, while earned and crafted items are objectively superior." This also means that they are trying to avoid a p2w title."

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Either of you gotten much into naval combat yet ? Or just witnessed it ?
Not first hand. Ships are pretty resource intensive and there are only a few of us playing in RU. I'm also not busting balls trying to level ATM. My current goal is general systems mastery with checking out the class combos so I'm certain I have the combo I want come NA and answer questions for people that aren't as familiar with the game. I'm also trying to figure out the best way to divide the crafting through the guild when things go live so its both efficient and effective use of labor points.

I wouldn't call the game grindy at all but its also not super instant gratification either. You'll be working for those items and in game things. It will take time and they'll feel really damn good when you get them.

Assuming Trion doesn't screw it up (trivialize delphi coins with dailies and keep trade runs dangerous but rewarding), this just might be the first game since WoW or Eve that people can say they might play for 6 month or even a year or more right out of the gate. Hardly perfect, it does have blemishes but yes its that good.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This is the only MMO on the horizon that I'm even giving a second glance. It's pretty much Trion's last shot at turning things around financially, so I hope that it does well, as Scott deserves all the success imaginable.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just give me the ability to pre-purchase this now to get into alpha Landmark style and they will have my money.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just give me the ability to pre-purchase this now to get into alpha Landmark style and they will have my money.
Im almost positive you would have a huge group of people that would do that, me being one of them. If they did this, and then allowed all the characters made transfer over to a specific realm in live? Sign me up!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
aren't they going for free to play outright?
I'm hoping it's buy to play. People always fuck up when talking about the two and then you get confusion. Also give me a sub option so I don't have to worry about labor points and all that other shit. It's worth a sub to me.