Archeage

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hello from Community Manager Scapes - Announcements - ArcheAge Source

As you may have read on the Trion Worlds ArcheAge website, my name is Evan "Scapes" Berman and I'm proud to be your Community Manager for ArcheAge for Trion. I?m eager to wade hip-deep into the ArcheAge community but want to provide a proactive update on recent hot topics and the game?s future (with regards to our service).

Let?s open with the burning question I?ve had tweeted and Skyped and yelled out of passing cars at me since I joined the ArcheAge Team at Trion Worlds: ?When can I play the game?? You may know that ArcheAge is currently in an initial Friends and Family Alpha meaning the tester group is extremely small and nigh-internal. What you don?t yet know is that since the recent launch service in Russia, XLGames has been providing tremendous engineering effort toward making ArcheAge go live in the west as rapidly as possible. The work involved in launching a new region with support for three languages, unique to Trion?s version, is no small undertaking on top of integrating the game with our account, patching, operational, billing, and logging systems.

With that in mind, we plan to expand the alpha in coming weeks following GDC this month. This strictly NDA?d phase will initially focus on pillars of the ArcheAge community but will definitely grow out further. ?But what about beta?? We?ll be transitioning from alpha to an NDA-free closed beta as the tasks mentioned above get knocked out one at a time, so we can have the best, fastest launch possible. While the tech work continues, the team is also finalizing plans for ?early supporter? pre-launch packages slated to be introduced during this timeframe and available for the duration of closed beta, leading into launch later this year.

As for this week, there?s lots of preparation already in full swing for GDC. We have built out an amazingly detailed yet compact press demo that fits inside fifteen minutes to begin to help get the more mainstream games media caught up to your collective level of knowledge of ArcheAge. While we?re thrilled to present ArcheAge to the media, we?re even more excited to share the demo with the community on next Friday?s livestream (March 21) and add ArcheAge as a recurring feature of our Twitch channel.

As AAS is already aware, ArcheAge has also been in the news due to XLGames? Russian partner, Mail.Ru, implementing a few rounds of changes of region-based access. While we?ve been keeping aware of new developments, it isn?t our place to comment on game service decisions of XLGames? other publishers. Thanks in advance for understanding.

Also new this week, we have resumed fleshing out the Trion Worlds ArcheAge website with more game details, starting with the new Races & Factions pane, though the information may be plenty familiar to ArcheAge?s more devout fans. While we populate the current website with the core game information, work on a new website is already underway (we?ll make sure to include the existing written content). Additionally, official forums are being finalized as I type to support our efforts in expanding the alpha.

On that note, I also understand there are concerns about some of the pending changes to the game. Allow me to say this here and now: both Trion Worlds and XLGames want ArcheAge to be a free-to-play sandbox that fits our ?No Tricks, No Traps? vision and will make development decisions for to achieve that goal in Trion?s territories. There are a couple of important recent examples we?d love to share: XLGames has agreed to our request that racial quests grant experience (which had been removed) and that mounts/gliders purchased from the cash shop provide solid value and fun, while earned and crafted items are objectively superior.

TLDR: I?m excited to be your point of contact for ArcheAge in the Americas and Europe and we have a lot of news coming up about bringing the game to you as quickly as possible. See you around here on ArcheAge Source and, in a little while, the official Trion forums.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What is your ingame name Tecknoe? Abe? (if you're on server 10). Even though I picked a large English Pop server, supposedly, I still have a huge amount of people speaking Russian to me. Couple people swap it up to English when they learn of my lack of Russian, but I feel like this might get lonely after a while! hehe

Server 10 (10th down, left side. Or just look for what Abe said.)
Cat named Sudosu or a Hariharan named Rosebutt on ????

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do you guys have some kind of English Guild going? If not maybe we should? Maybe we can upload a rerolled logo to have it put on our emblem/cloak or whatever

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I agree about the coins. Always hated dailies anyway. They should probably limit the number you can get with dailies to a very small amount to appease the casuals and make you do trade runs if you want more.
How I would do it is this. If you didn't have x number of delphi awarded in Y period of time the daily opens. If you do the daily then you don't get anything from your first Z trade runs with z being the number of coins you got from the daily.

Allows casuals to do some shitty quest to get some coin welfare with zero risk. Allows others to actually play the game and do some runs for far more coins but take far more risk.

As for the split, I personally think its bull shit. You fail at your mission and get 40% of the goods just doesn't sound right to me. I don't mind people getting a little welfare but giving them almost half for doing nothing seems out of balance.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
someone that has an account on that forum needs to reply.

hello and thanks for the generic press release. How about answering point form the concerns outlined in the first few posts of this thread. Thanks

Whats wrong with ArcheAge, in plain English. - ArcheAge Discussion - ArcheAge Source
I doubt we get any answers for that until after the NDA drops and they go into NDA free closed beta. Now isn't the time marketing wise because there is nothing to gain from doing so.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
How I would do it is this. If you didn't have x number of delphi awarded in Y period of time the daily opens. If you do the daily then you don't get anything from your first Z trade runs with z being the number of coins you got from the daily.

Allows casuals to do some shitty quest to get some coin welfare with zero risk. Allows others to actually play the game and do some runs for far more coins but take far more risk.

As for the split, I personally think its bull shit. You fail at your mission and get 40% of the goods just doesn't sound right to me. I don't mind people getting a little welfare but giving them almost half for doing nothing seems out of balance.
yeah, it is bullshit. I hate to argue for realism but this is it. I don't want to work for some faggot who I just robbed. I want to rob them 100%.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Ok, so rob them for 100%. Enjoy it. And when none of the faggots want to bother wasting their time anymore, enjoy getting 0%.

Look at the big picture. FTP+pvp+piracy=?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
if some guy constantly gets robbed, he wont find it worthwhile to do it in the first place. thats what hes trying to say.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
if some guy constantly gets robbed, he wont find it worthwhile to do it in the first place. thats what hes trying to say.
^. You have to find that sweet spot to make it where getting robbed or the potential of getting robbed makes things exciting and dangerous but not over do it where people just say fuck it and quit because it's not worth it. You also need to give enough incentive to actually rob people or be pirates also. You can be hardcore pvp gangsta all you want, it means jack shit though if you got nothing but pirates and nobody to rob.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
could add an anti-rpg type option. Have a reward for hunting down pirates who have stolen goods. The hunters get the reward, the original owner of the goods get a portion of the original value.

mind you i dont know whats actually in game right now, im just throwing shit out there.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Really that is what is needed. Bounties on notorious players from the other factions would spice things up. If "Ikilljoo" steals all your shit you should be able to put a bounty on his ass. Lots of cool possibilities there.

I really don't have a problem with people getting something off their failure for completing the trade route. Little bit of welfare is ok. 40% seems pretty high for not having to give a shit though. It would be a nightmare to code but some kind of compensation based on how far you got in the route would be a perfect idea but since that would be fairly difficult to do I'd settle on 25% which seems much more reasonable than almost half.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It depends on the exact numbers, which I don't know. But, if the victim's cut is too low they'll just do the shorter, less profitable, safe-zone routes. Hopefully this can be something Trion has control of and can be tested/tweaked/polled during beta.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Bounties sound fun. Just make a bounty board like an auction house. Let the person either pay a set fee plus percentage of goods or just a set fee. That way people can decide if the bounty is worth it. You basically end up making a player made quest system.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Really that is what is needed. Bounties on notorious players from the other factions would spice things up. If "Ikilljoo" steals all your shit you should be able to put a bounty on his ass. Lots of cool possibilities there.

I really don't have a problem with people getting something off their failure for completing the trade route. Little bit of welfare is ok. 40% seems pretty high for not having to give a shit though. It would be a nightmare to code but some kind of compensation based on how far you got in the route would be a perfect idea but since that would be fairly difficult to do I'd settle on 25% which seems much more reasonable than almost half.
i heard EVE bounty system gets abused a lot and is pretty much useless.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Soooo..gonna keep asking because I'm really liking this game but the lack of English is frustrating..
Do we have a guild on server 10? If not who wants to lead on starting one up ? There's dungeons etc i want to do but I can't get a group or do anything communication wise. I'm sure some of you must be in the same boat

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Soooo..gonna keep asking because I'm really liking this game but the lack of English is frustrating..
Do we have a guild on server 10? If not who wants to lead on starting one up ? There's dungeons etc i want to do but I can't get a group or do anything communication wise. I'm sure some of you must be in the same boat
We as in rerolled don't have anything that I know of. I do know there is a english speaking guild called United Nations on server 10 on the cat and small asian homo looking race faction. You can give anyone a tell for an invite. I'm not in it myself, just read a post about it and have seen them.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Looks like the IP is blocked still for new registrations. I was able to create a RU mail but getting IP block on the RU AA site to create an account. Whats the safest / easiest way to register a AA RU account ?