Archeage

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
The Russian F2P system isn't bad at all.

Its F2P so anyone can sign up, download the game and play.

The limitation on the F2P comes in how your labor points (crafting / gathering) accrue. F2p players have 1/5th the point cap and accrue points 1/5th slower. 1 per 5 minutes as opposed to 5 every 5 minutes as a sub. I think the f2p cap is 1k and subscriber is 5k but I'm not sure on that. Also subscribers accrue points out of game where f2p only accrue in game. Currently there is no auto kick for inactivity.

Subscribers also get a 10% xp bonus.

The cash shop items are all ok. Nothing game breaking that I've found. Potion you can use every 4 hours for 500 extra labor points. Some casual wear, a glider, some mounts etc..

I'd like to see actual subs (you bill me x per month on my credit card) to get some diamonds for the store each month. If they go the same way as russia its just a purchase of diamonds and you buy the sub in the store.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
The Russian F2P system isn't bad at all.

Its F2P so anyone can sign up, download the game and play.

The limitation on the F2P comes in how your labor points (crafting / gathering) accrue. F2p players have 1/5th the point cap and accrue points 1/5th slower. 1 per 5 minutes as opposed to 5 every 5 minutes as a sub. I think the f2p cap is 1k and subscriber is 5k but I'm not sure on that. Also subscribers accrue points out of game where f2p only accrue in game. Currently there is no auto kick for inactivity.

Subscribers also get a 10% xp bonus.

The cash shop items are all ok. Nothing game breaking that I've found. Potion you can use every 4 hours for 500 extra labor points. Some casual wear, a glider, some mounts etc..
is it possible to sub if you aren't Russian, kinda like BnS VIP for boosters they had 3rd party sites that did it.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
is it possible to sub if you aren't Russian, kinda like BnS VIP for boosters they had 3rd party sites that did it.
You can sub, there is a paypal option with instructions. I did it and it was painless.

Guide. If you have any difficulties in purchasing crystals for AA early access from mailru main website... - Russian Beta Discussion - ArcheAge Source

No worries Scott, I'll be giving you my money as well
smile.png
Please look long and hard at some of the changes and get the more ridiculous stuff ironed out sir.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
+nets if I could!
Spronk actually originally posted it.

Also 3 things for those installing and trying it out now. I had some bug where it was in some weird resolution and I couldnt see half the crap. Just make a character and you can then get to your video options. You might crash after the cry engine 3 screen when it goes to play the movie. If this happens just spam escape once you see the cry engine 3 logo. This is where you get the english patch for the russian version now.

AAEC Patch Release - ArcheAge English Conversion - AAFX

Just right click and edit the patch file to direct it to your install and you should be fine.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The guide said server 10? But I dont know if thats up to date for English Speakers. Im only DL'ing at 980k a sec
frown.png

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What is your ingame name Tecknoe? Abe? (if you're on server 10). Even though I picked a large English Pop server, supposedly, I still have a huge amount of people speaking Russian to me. Couple people swap it up to English when they learn of my lack of Russian, but I feel like this might get lonely after a while! hehe

Server 10 (10th down, left side. Or just look for what Abe said.)

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
What is your ingame name Tecknoe? Abe? (if you're on server 10). Even though I picked a large English Pop server, supposedly, I still have a huge amount of people speaking Russian to me. Couple people swap it up to English when they learn of my lack of Russian, but I feel like this might get lonely after a while! hehe

Server 10 (10th down, left side. Or just look for what Abe said.)
I'm lvl 20 on this server, and on a quest to kill a boss in what i believe is the first dungeon instance.
I went in with some random Russians, and since I have no idea what I'm doing we ended up dying on that guy- almost killed it but then they left.
Gonna get that English patch with the improved skill translations and respec to something decent - at the moment I'm a 'healer' that can only heal once every 5 secs, which can't be right.

Name is kazoraa in game and im on that server 10 mentioned above. I can't find kedwyn or anyone else on here in game so look me up if you get on, would be a nice change of pace to see some English in game.

Overall I'm having a blast. Most gorgeous mmo I've played hands down , from the crisp details in the dungeons walls to the detail levels of enemies, to the sweeping outdoor vistas. Am a bit disappointed that leveling is just a questing treadmill but the game does such a good job of moving you to different places and scenery that its pretty enjoyable.

I'm also looking forward to when i can get this skill and combat system figured out because it looks very in depth and interesting.

There's lots of random Hilarity too. I pushed someone off an airship - awesome!

Raes

Vyemm Raider
i hope scott will listen to some of these complaints.

some of it is completely ridiculous.

Whats wrong with ArcheAge, in plain English. - ArcheAge Discussion - ArcheAge Source
I disagree with some of those complaints, but not gonna discuss most of them here, since it's pretty standard stuff that has been gone over many times.

I am curious to hear people's thoughts on one thing though.

"Stolen trade goods only award the pirate 60% value upon turn-in, the original owner receives 40%. This is nonsensical."

Now, I actually think this can be a good thing. Keeping a significant amount of your goods will make some players less likely to ragequit and I believe could even incentivise them to carry a somewhat larger load to help account for the loss. (not sure how cargo works, maybe you'll always be carrying a full load regardless)

In my opinion, it's better to get 60% of a load from 10 people, then 100% (or whatever) from just a couple. If pirates are a big thing, I don't see many people bothering to deal with the hassle if it's not worth it.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I don't really have a problem with the 60/40 although I think it should be more like 75/25 on the split if anything. Sure its a little welfare to the guy that got ganked but still provides incentive to the ganker.

My main issue with 1.0 is the moving the process of obtaining delphi coins to daily quests as opposed to trade runs. Completely stupid. If they want to give some delphi coins to casuals that do dailies by all means but let players play the damn game and take risk to get them in the trade runs.

The number of safe zones

Siege times and sieges themselves (although I've yet to participate in them personally)

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I don't really have a problem with the 60/40 although I think it should be more like 75/25 on the split if anything. Sure its a little welfare to the guy that got ganked but still provides incentive to the ganker.

My main issue with 1.0 is the moving the process of obtaining delphi coins to daily quests as opposed to trade runs. Completely stupid. If they want to give some delphi coins to casuals that do dailies by all means but let players play the damn game and take risk to get them in the trade runs.
Well, there's probably a sweet spot, but impossible to know what it is. Going from 60/40 to 75/25 is a bit much though. It's not that much more for the pirate, but it's cutting the victim's portion nearly in half. Like I said, if it's not worth it, people won't bother and everyone loses.

I agree about the coins. Always hated dailies anyway. They should probably limit the number you can get with dailies to a very small amount to appease the casuals and make you do trade runs if you want more.