Archeage

Cybsled

I'm still afraid of what they will do to the Coupe. The thing can't climb "vertical walls" like they said...shit, 5 seconds of testing on Mirage Isle can verify that. What it can do, though, is actually drive up the PAVED ROAD in Mirage Isle whereas the other 2 cars get stuck without some significant fucking around and wheel turning. It can also drive up stairs and not get stuck, since you know, cities where you run packs typically have stairs you have to contend with. It also doesn't get stuck on 1 inch rocks that elevate the front/rear tires of the other cars, since they are front and rear wheel drive and become useless if the tires don't touch the ground or happen to clip into the environment (which happens everywhere).

If they want to balance cars, they can start with actually making them all work properly in the context of their clip happy game environment. If that was fixed, then people would buy whatever car they want. Timber Coupe is wanted because it is the only car that actually lets you navigate around their flawed world.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Can timber coupes climb Castle walls? Off the top of my head that's the only gameplay breaking element, and even then it's not that big of a deal. Everywhere else you can just glide over everything.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
On mirage isle they don't feel powerful at all, but I think it is when you kick in the vtec with some poo fuel and get a good run that they can climb.

I can't imagine them going up a vertical surface without some sort of gradual ramp, and then not very far.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So the game got a lot more interesting on Kyrios this weekend.

Summary:
MH lost interest in the game. One of their members who was given the castle gave it to one of our junior officers, Nevae, to defend. After the defense we looked for a guild to be responsible for the castle, primarily deciding between two guilds, Elite and Marked. Nevae first wanted to give it to Elite, then to Marked. We ended up deciding to give it to Elite. Nevae felt betrayed, so she sold the castle to our competitor on the West for 75k gold (worth about 800 USD atm). They also won the auction for the siege this weekend for another 65k gold (beating our meager 35k), and won the castle completely today. Marked also felt betrayed and thought we guaranteed them the castle. They went from being friendly to declaring all out war on us and have been spamming the faction chat and forums about the great evils of PRX. They also allied with the current big PK guild on East, EPK.

You can see the sides of the story here:
PRX:http://www.prx-guild.com/forum/m/161...arcala-madness
Nevae:Story Time.
Marked:Marked's Declaration of War against PRX

We'll see how it plays out. One thing this game is really missing is the ability to really harm a guild. This is especially true if a guild doesn't spend a lot of time fishing or doing hasla. You basically have to catch them doing a freedich trade run to really put the squeeze on them.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
One thing this game is really missing is the ability to really harm a guild.
I'll take it one step further and say the PvP in this game misses the ability to harm anything, whether it be guild or individual player.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
The promised video. It is mainly spawn camping and us shooting down the stairs to complete the deathtrap. Not very interesting tbh ^^

Radge_sl

shitlord
So the game got a lot more interesting on Kyrios this weekend.

Summary:
MH lost interest in the game. One of their members who was given the castle gave it to one of our junior officers, Nevae, to defend. After the defense we looked for a guild to be responsible for the castle, primarily deciding between two guilds, Elite and Marked. Nevae first wanted to give it to Elite, then to Marked. We ended up deciding to give it to Elite. Nevae felt betrayed, so she sold the castle to our competitor on the West for 75k gold (worth about 800 USD atm). They also won the auction for the siege this weekend for another 65k gold (beating our meager 35k), and won the castle completely today. Marked also felt betrayed and thought we guaranteed them the castle. They went from being friendly to declaring all out war on us and have been spamming the faction chat and forums about the great evils of PRX. They also allied with the current big PK guild on East, EPK.

You can see the sides of the story here:
PRX:http://www.prx-guild.com/forum/m/161...arcala-madness
Nevae:Story Time.
Marked:Marked's Declaration of War against PRX

We'll see how it plays out. One thing this game is really missing is the ability to really harm a guild. This is especially true if a guild doesn't spend a lot of time fishing or doing hasla. You basically have to catch them doing a freedich trade run to really put the squeeze on them.
Warning: I'm a self-admitted PRX fan-boy. I love reading to Tuco's and others accounts of battles and frankly I consider them the only major competent guild on the West.

However, after reading the different reports (and especially the KV's side of things), it sounds like PRX leadership needs to admit they have a large share of the blame. Your GM told Nevae that she could decide who gets the castle, and then tells Marked's leadership that they could have the castle if they used the next few weeks to prove themselves. By KV's own testimony, they lived up to their side of things. But he then turns around and promises it to an old allied guild. I can totally see how Marked and Nevae would be outraged and claim nepotism.

Frankly, PRX leadership should just man up and admit that they handled this very badly. If you give an officer sole authority over this matter, let them handle it and don't override their decision. Of course, Nevae also sounds like a greedy bitch. I mean, why not just give the castle to Marked outright instead of selling it to the enemy faction.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What is the hardcore PvP server? Ollo I imagine? What makes it more hardcore? I don't hear much from Ollo.
Warning: I'm a self-admitted PRX fan-boy. I love reading to Tuco's and others accounts of battles and frankly I consider them the only major competent guild on the West.

However, after reading the different reports (and especially the KV's side of things), it sounds like PRX leadership needs to admit they have a large share of the blame. Your GM told Nevae that she could decide who gets the castle, and then tells Marked's leadership that they could have the castle if they used the next few weeks to prove themselves. By KV's own testimony, they lived up to their side of things. But he then turns around and promises it to an old allied guild. I can totally see how Marked and Nevae would be outraged and claim nepotism.

Frankly, PRX leadership should just man up and admit that they handled this very badly. If you give an officer sole authority over this matter, let them handle it and don't override their decision. Of course, Nevae also sounds like a greedy bitch. I mean, why not just give the castle to Marked outright instead of selling it to the enemy faction.
I don't really disagree. I think if we successfully transferred the castle to Elite (for example if we won the scroll or Nevae didn't betray us) we could look at the reaction and say that yes, we made the right choice by changing our mind about Marked. But in the end we made a few key mistakes, have some egg on our face and move on.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Both of the best PvP guilds from Alpha went to Aranzeb, and these were both guilds that had also played earlier versions of the game and weren't afraid of OT (though in the end, OT was afraid of us which is why they rolled on Tahyang).

Kraken contesting started in like the second or third week, with the first contest ending after 48 hours. Every other day, we were out there from anywhere from 12 to 48 hours before anyone was able to claim a kill. But because ArcheAge treats actual competitive players like shit (and because people were getting sick IRL) we eventually made a pact on trading Krakens.

But that's not to say that PvP stopped. Any small skirmish between the top two guilds quickly evolved into whole guild vs. guild wars, using the most bullshit strategies we knew because nobody cared about the game as much as they did beating the other side. Anyone who wasn't a healer was either a Revenant or they were dead weight. Oftentimes, we would be having 50v50s outside of the map, fighting for pine farms.

Eventually both sides cooled down as they realized how shitty and toxic this game is for a hardcore PvP environment. Many people (myself included) left. But despite both guilds being complete shadows of their former selves, any time any other guild on the server start "getting ideas," they get dunked and camped into submission.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Any vids of these 50v50 encounters with healers and revenants?

We tried hard to make PBAE charges work in the game but never found them that satisfactory. You'd push in and because there aren't much PBAE defensive or healing abilities it just allowed the enemy to spread out and annihilate you.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I dunno of any videos off hand.

How many Revs are you stacking per group? The reason why spreading out doesn't work is because of Vicious Implosion. It only takes 5-6 Revs to melt any number of players they can catch in their range (assuming equal gear). So you make groups of 5-6 Revs and have them each target a different part of the enemy's "spread out" formation. Anything you can't reach won't be able to reach you. There are no drawbacks to this strategy because there is no real defense against it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Problem with vicious implosion is that the range isn't that far. You can melt the core of the enemy raid and then the rest can destroy you. Plus imprisons stop any concerted effort to stack.