Archeage

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Problem with vicious implosion is that the range isn't that far. You can melt the core of the enemy raid and then the rest can destroy you. Plus imprisons stop any concerted effort to stack.
If you're travelling with all 50 people in one blob, you're asking to be beat by spread-out tactics. But making small groups of 5-6 Revs is unbeatable. If they spread themselves out right, you're getting a radius of 12m with your Vicious Implosion. That's REALLY far. Also, Imprisons are useless against Rev strategy because at most all you do is slow them down.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I know what he's saying, it's a strat I theory crafted on release but we could never get it down and make it work in practice. We tried over and over and everytime the enemy force would just spread out and tear up our center force. Vicious implosion just isn't able to pull together the enemy closely unless they group up themselves.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
and why do you use revenants for that? we use skullknights.
Because you need the damage from Sorcery. Chain Lightning + Freezing Earth. The damage difference between Revenant and Skullknight is INSANE.

I know what he's saying, it's a strat I theory crafted on release but we could never get it down and make it work in practice. We tried over and over and everytime the enemy force would just spread out and tear up our center force. Vicious implosion just isn't able to pull together the enemy closely unless they group up themselves.
You need to micromanage better, that's all I can say. /shrug

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Because you need the damage from Sorcery. Chain Lightning + Freezing Earth. The damage difference between Revenant and Skullknight is INSANE.

You need to micromanage better, that's all I can say. /shrug
I did some reading on Revenants and I am suprised that there arent more of it. All our tanks run Skullknight in mass-pvp for mass disable and tankage, but not for damage. They should be able to do nice damage as Revenants with their Kraken / Delphscepters.

Thanks Kriptini =)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Revenant stacking is superior to Skullknight because if you're on even numbers, survivability isn't an issue due to anything that's outside your range not being able to hit you.

With 50 people, you can do 6-7 groups of Revenants (depending if you want 5 or 6 per group) and then the rest can be healers and a combination of Stone Arrows, Primevals, and the odd Darkrunner/Blighter/Abolisher.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Christ I can't wait for server merges to take place amongst the lower-populated servers. Ezi is turning into a ghost town; I can practically afk during intercontinental trade runs and our AH cluster is quite lackluster. I'm one piece away from 7/7 epherium squall and the cap is nowhere to be seen for the past month, despite all 3 servers knowing full well that I'm looking for one.

On a side note, given the aformentioned shitty AH cluster, could any of you direct me to some spots where I could look for penshells / abalone?

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
It really sucks that we have no idea if or when anything is going to happen. We need an insider to tell us wtf is going on with all the stuff we are waiting on.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
It really sucks that we have no idea if or when anything is going to happen. We need an insider to tell us wtf is going on with all the stuff we are waiting on.
I can guarantee you that the people working at Trion know a lot less about what's happening with the game than you think.

The only people at Trion who know what they're getting next (if they ever do at all) are Firecait and SOMETIMES Amary. Ironically, Firecait's actual knowledge of anything related to the game is mediocre at best and downright embarrassing at worst. She (and most of the team at Trion) don't even know what's in the builds they receive from Korea. Alpha testers knew that Serpentis was functioning two weeks before Trion even knew it was in their build, even after we told them.

The reason why you keep hearing "we can't talk about that" is because Firecait has to sit in an room for two-three hours a day while other people are LITERALLY educating her on the game. She can't say anything about the game without being lectured on it first because she will be wrong (as we saw dozens of times during the Alpha and Beta phases).

Also, Scapes has the worst job in the world because they straight up don't tell him shit. AKA: why Elrar left and why Trion's CMs have very short durations of employment.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Christ I can't wait for server merges to take place amongst the lower-populated servers. Ezi is turning into a ghost town; I can practically afk during intercontinental trade runs and our AH cluster is quite lackluster. I'm one piece away from 7/7 epherium squall and the cap is nowhere to be seen for the past month, despite all 3 servers knowing full well that I'm looking for one.

On a side note, given the aformentioned shitty AH cluster, could any of you direct me to some spots where I could look for penshells / abalone?
I only know of freedich, but there are more for sure. A guildie has several spots, he wont reveal, because it is his cash cow.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I only know of freedich, but there are more for sure. A guildie has several spots, he wont reveal, because it is his cash cow.
Pirate island (I forget what it's called, it's the island in the Stormraw Sound) can have them spawn there, as well as the two housing islands in the Halcyona Gulf. (One of them has quests on them, too.)

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
You'd be surprised how many MMO devs are like that. The majority of them really don't know anything about their game outside a superficial level.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So on the next chapter of Kyrios drama:
Thank you all for the support ~ Chris / Hulla

The guild that one week agodeclared all out war and a desire to end PRXhad their top 3 leaders take about 150k gold from the guild and gquit. Not sure if they're quitting the game and cashing out, or cashing out and switching to West or what.

This puts their war on us in a bit more context. I don't think they were upset their guild who can put together 20ish players lost out a free castle, I think the leadership was upset they lost a 200k gold (how much Sorcerer paid Nevae to betray PRX) payout.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Sorcerer? From TWO? That douchebag buys everything in the game with IRL money and still sucks. In Alpha, he bought thunderstruck from my guild for $60-$80 a pop. In ALPHA.

I know he sucks too because even in half Ephi half Delphi gear as a Daggerspell he couldn't beat me in full Maggy as a Swiftstone. Dude's a joke.

He's like Nekrage, except all the money he spends is his own and he has no shame whatsoever while still being able to find pride for his guilds "accomplishments." (AFAIK he's also not bipolar and paranoid but Nek doesn't need me to bash him, that niche is crowded enough as is.)

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I prefer guild drama pre-release than post release these days. Usually one guild gets all high and mighty and think they are the best. They run fansites and streams and run sekret strats and shit. Then they quit after a week.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Sorcerer? From TWO? That douchebag buys everything in the game with IRL money and still sucks. In Alpha, he bought thunderstruck from my guild for $60-$80 a pop. In ALPHA.

I know he sucks too because even in half Ephi half Delphi gear as a Daggerspell he couldn't beat me in full Maggy as a Swiftstone. Dude's a joke.

He's like Nekrage, except all the money he spends is his own and he has no shame whatsoever while still being able to find pride for his guilds "accomplishments." (AFAIK he's also not bipolar and paranoid but Nek doesn't need me to bash him, that niche is crowded enough as is.)
I can't tell what happened to OT.http://oranthul.com/is just a blank page for me.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I can't tell what happened to OT.http://oranthul.com/is just a blank page for me.
They quit ArcheAge. After being driven off of the Alpha server, they decided to run from all serious competition and went to Tahyang, where the RPers from the West came together and blew them out of the water. They quit because they "didn't like the direction the game was going in."

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if I get a blank page because I got banned when I laughed at Nekrage playing the game in alpha and then quitting after two months of release and going to DFO.