Archeage

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
They didn't even make it a week after Auroria and they still have someone log in to buy their own scroll.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Game continues to produce awsome battles. We are preventing anyone from killing Kraken at the moment. A huge alliance of East guilds, we in war with, and a West and pirate guild, they paid to protect them from us, started to fight Kraken, so we went there with 50 people and whiped them 2 times. Then the big French alliance heard of all the fighting and joined in aswell. In the end there was 3-4 hours fighting with around 300-400 people split up in 3 faction.

It was awsome, even though I hate naval combat.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The war with Marked is pretty much over. They privately asked for peace a week after declaring all out war. Two of their leadership betrayed their guild and stole from them. I heard most of them are leaving the guild or joining Last Resort (another PK guild). I don't see them together often enough to know what's going on with them and messages from their membership are confusing.

I think their only offensives involved scouting us then asking TWO (big guild on opposite faction) to come in to fight us (which always ended in us escalating until TWO was wiped from the map). This kind of war is not uncommon for us. What's funny is that Marstar from The Elite went into their Teamspeak and spelled out exactly how the war would go if they chose it. They laughed him out of the Teamspeak and then saw the truth of his words over the next few days.

Here's a transcript of communication from them public and private:
Marked_sl said:
The Removal of PRX by Daedra
For those of you who do not know, PRX sold one of the Castles that were meant to be fought for this weekend, directly to the Western Faction for their own profit, willfully backstabbing guilds on the East after countless friendlies came in their time of need.

We have set in motion the removal of the Scumbag leaders of PRX, and the PRX tag all together from the face of the East. If you hold the PRX tag, you will be hunted wherever you are, and whatever you are doing, you will be killed on sight and blacklisted from general trading. Drop guild and you will be spared.

Mangobunny
PRX will go down

Elu
But most of Marked have gear, whereas PRX is shit and we can wipe them easily... Not fuunnnnn

Daedra
PRX can enjoy the KoS and they can continue to tear the east apart, we're not stopping until the tag is gone.

Arydious
We are not going away

Daedra
remove their toxicity from the game

Daedra
Bring on the pvp

Daedra
remove PRX from the East, we are not a problem that will go away, and if you want to avoid it then drop guild and you will be spared.

Giovanni
PRX has some serious leadership problems.

Giovanni
Marked is a structurally sound group

Giovanni
There are cancerous elements inside Marked

Giovanni
Marked was in shambles, no one was listening to leadership

Giovanni
The war against PRX was suicide

Giovanni
trust me when I say that your allies are scammers and account thieves.

Daedra
Sounds like a bunch of backpedaling in an attempt to save face to me.

Daedra
Hey Vent can we talk?

Kiffa
Vent came into our teamspeak and PROMISED us the castle

Giovanni
-Vent NEVER said or promised to give us a castle in 3 weeks, this is just filler the kid is saying to cover himself. He says he never said it, and we say he never said it. End of story.

tacmagical
incorrect. marked was promised the opportunity to defend and prove we can hold a castle.

Daedra
it was originally decided by Vent that we would get the castle

Giovanni
WE ARE MAD WE WERE TOLD WE'D HAVE THE CHANCE TO DEFEND THE CASTLE TO PROVE WE COULD HOLD IT, IN PREP FOR WHICH WE SPENT TENS OF THOUSANDS OF GOLD AND HUNDREDS OF MAN HOURS IN PREP FOR OUR CHANCE, ONLY TO BE TOLD 2 DAYS BEFORE IT WAS DECIDED THAT WE WOULDN'T BE GIVEN OUR SHOT

Giovanni
Yeah, I never understood the whole PRX vs Marked war. From the inside I knew for a fact PRX wasn't trying to screw us

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Do any of you have any inside info aside from what's on the forums regarding when this new patch from the PTS is supposed to hit live? There are spreads to be managed in terms of sun/moonpoints and regrades until that time, is why I ask.

I know I'm going to have all 4 machines running during the entire event, that's for damned sure.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Was Marked ever a good fight?
Not really, they have some good/geared players but didn't have the numbers to really put up a true fight and didn't have the heart to fight a guerilla style war.

They poked the bear so hard anytime one of them left a peace zone and got spotted by someone in PRX we'd put a call out to go hit them. Especially if they had any trade packs. I'll have to remember to put up a pic of us hitting one merchant ship with two black pearls.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Not really, they have some good/geared players but didn't have the numbers to really put up a true fight and didn't have the heart to fight a guerilla style war.

They poked the bear so hard anytime one of them left a peace zone and got spotted by someone in PRX we'd put a call out to go hit them. Especially if they had any trade packs. I'll have to remember to put up a pic of us hitting one merchant ship with two black pearls.
Fuckin' bullies the whole lot of you!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
post-44145-Sansa-Slaps-Robin--Talk-Shit-G-JEAQ.gif

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there some implied rule against boarding ? Because in Archeage, regarding gameplay, I've always thought it's 100% more efficient to stealth board some enemy ship with dedicated builds and AoE CC / Bomb everyone to the bottom of the sea rather than spam cannons.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Is there some implied rule against boarding ? Because in Archeage, regarding gameplay, I've always thought it's 100% more efficient to stealth board some enemy ship with dedicated builds and AoE CC / Bomb everyone to the bottom of the sea rather than spam cannons.
No. But it is generally hard to stealth board a pooped black pearl, especially when there are that many on it.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Boarding will always be the #1 way to win sea wars until you get mythic cannons in 1.7 that can 4-shot ships with low-quality bodies. That's what I heard from my KR friends, anyways.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it's rare that a sea battle ends from one ship blowing up the other. Usually only happens when the captain of the lesser-manned ship is much better than the other captain. Or the people on the better-manned ship are lazy. Or the ships are generally too even to effect a board.

The speed of those black pearls is no joke though. It can be pretty hard to board a black pearl that doesn't want to be boarded. The only thing that can come close to stopping it is a fully loaded fishing boat that can bug out anything, haha.

Morsakin

All this talk of naval combat makes me wish for server merges that much more. Ezi's naval combat is non-existent and there are maybe two to three guilds that I would even attempt to call "organized", though their numbers are much smaller than the figures that have been thrown around in this thread. Our cluster is starting to get on my nerves in terms of its inability to produce items that players like myself need in order to progress, to the point that many of us are stagnating short of items we craft ourselves or trade amongst our respective "cliques" as seems to be the case with most of the higher-geared folks. Any worthwhile items are gobbled up the moment they hit the market for asinine prices (hi rare delphinad wave bows going for 45k) or don't even make it that far before being traded to someone the seller knows for another item that seems to be nothing special given what I've seen on Kyrios' cluster via the labor alts I have stationed there as a means of keeping track of how shitty our cluster is in terms of gear saturation.

Then again, I'm basically the money maker / logistics guy for the group of friends I play with, so I guess I spend too much time looking at the auction house tab every day regardless.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Switch to Kyrios!

After this game going ghost town so hard in KR/RU, playing on anything but the top few servers is a death sentence.

Morsakin

Switch to Kyrios!

After this game going ghost town so hard in KR/RU, playing on anything but the top few servers is a death sentence.
Alas, while the thought has crossed my mind I fear I'm too far down the proverbial rabbit hole to turn back at this point. I'll see where things end up. I couldn't imagine getting thrust into a high-pop server as a fresh player without an economic base of any kind, even with the game being as relatively "fresh" as it is. Going from being one of the more well-known folks on East to being another random doesn't sit right with me. "I'd rather be first man among these people than second in Rome" and all that, if that makes any sense.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
The war with Marked is pretty much over. They privately asked for peace a week after declaring all out war. Two of their leadership betrayed their guild and stole from them.
I dunno Tuco.

After reading that "Declaration of War" on PRX and the morons who posted all up in there, you guys should have made them publicly apologize.

It's like WW2; Truman made the Japanese surrender on the Missouri like that for a reason. That privately crap... I'd have told them to post an apology or continue to get wrecked. Could care less about their internal problems and their own theivery, especially considering it seems they were yukking it up when that Yogable person was saying how proud he/she was for betraying you guys.

edit: hell, I said Roosevelt, not Truman.