Archeage

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
It's complicated. We don't do any big PVE raids because few people want to and almost none of the leadership, including me, likes to do PvE. PRX as a whole is a 100% PVP focused guild and while being able to farm kraken, anthalon and the red dragon would help gear us for PvP, the time requirement and hassle isn't worth it.
You mean your competition isn't good enough to warrant it. As soon as one guild starts farming Anthalon, EVERYONE needs to start farming Anthalon or you just won't be able to compete. Anthalon's gear is stupidly overpowered. If you complete the set, it has an ability that pulls people in and bombs them with multiple Meteors. You can wipe the floor with anyone in worse gear than Maggy Heroic just by using that ability.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You mean your competition isn't good enough to warrant it. As soon as one guild starts farming Anthalon, EVERYONE needs to start farming Anthalon or you just won't be able to compete. Anthalon's gear is stupidly overpowered. If you complete the set, it has an ability that pulls people in and bombs them with multiple Meteors. You can wipe the floor with anyone in worse gear than Maggy Heroic just by using that ability.
That's annoying to hear...

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
That weekend PVP war sounds absolutely awesome, even for someone who is not really a big fan of pvp. I certainly can see the appeal in something like that.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think that story perfectly highlights how broken siege mechanics are in this game. It basically took the entirety of the server (or so it sounds) plus walls not even built and yet you still could not achieve the final goal. You are literally banging your head against a wall.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
To be fair, the last half of their castle was built. Had they not built it we would've had a much better chance to win. Probably even a few key towers not being built and we would've won.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tuco's guild business is somewhat sad to see because it's an cruel reminder of how awesome Archeage could have been with competent game developers / publishers.

intelnavi_sl

shitlord
Tuco's guild business is somewhat sad to see because it's an cruel reminder of how awesome Archeage could have been with competent game developers / publishers.
I watched their livestream and it's a joke. They are more focused on cosmetics than bugfixes or gameplay issues. We can't even sort the damn guild list.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Hahaha can it pull them through keep doors like those hilarious warhammer abilities?
The pull does not but the AoE does. Think of it as an instant combination of Vicious Implosion + Searing Rain, except the latter part does insane amounts of damage and there's no cast time... If I remember correctly. Truth be told, I only ever saw that item on the private KR server because I never stuck around long enough on the KR live server to see Anthalon killed, and nobody was capable of downing (or even spawning) Anthalon while I played RU or NA.

Also, my contacts who still play this game recently contacted me with emails, PMs, and messages about some massive drama that has happened over on Aranzeb. If there's any good screenies, I'll share them. All I know so far is that for the past 4-5 months, the top East guild has had a spy in the top West guild (my former guild) feeding them live chat/TS, and the spy just ragequit and released EVERYTHING. This could get good.

Fun fact: Turns out the spy was one of the only three people I ever invited to the guild. Whoops!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Anthalon was just killed by Legacy.
772e3d04d3.jpg

473cef2830.jpg

People are saying it was killed on Salphira and Tahyang already, but I didn't see proof of it.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Is it too late to start this (ie PRX moving on soonish) and if so, can I contribute as a free to play leech?
wink.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
No we're here for the indefinite future. Still have 90 people online every night, though some of those are AFKing for that labor. If you have any questions about what it's like to start out and play AA currently feel free to ask.

Let me know if you want to play!

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just curious but does everyone who participated in that kill get a piece of gear or does he only drop one piece of gear?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Just curious but does everyone who participated in that kill get a piece of gear or does he only drop one piece of gear?
Only one piece of gear, but he can be spawned once every 24 in-game hours... And it's not like you need more than three people with the set, anyways.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Here's the ability in action:

ArcheAge [JP] PvP Daggerspell - YouTube

What's interesting is that the set says, "Has a low chance of triggering X" rather than what I've seen quoted from Korea/Alpha:
(4Set) Pulls enemies within 15m and deals 250-300 Magic Damage every second.
(7Set) Teleports caster to up to 5 enemies, dealing 300 to 350 Magic Damage to each one and recovering an equal amount of mana.
Obviously triggering the apocalypse every 40 casts is fun, but if you can't hop into a group of enemies and execute it, it's not nearly as good.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
It's possible that XL got off their asses and changed it, but it's more probable that Trion botched another translation and didn't verify it. I definitely remember it being click-to-activate on the private KR server, but that was a long time ago.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Hurray for no afk kicking. Was a constant pain in the ass having to tab over and hit a key to keep it from booting me while trying to get work done. Now I can minimize it and just ignore it all day. \o/

I've been buying out my neighbors trying to get enough land together to make a townhouse. It is really hard. Often the land is on someone's alt, and they either don't read your mail, or think it is spam and just delete it. If I can get my hands on 2 more little 8x8 farms and convince my friend to swap spots with me I'll be all set.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've been buying out my neighbors trying to get enough land together to make a townhouse. It is really hard. Often the land is on someone's alt, and they either don't read your mail, or think it is spam and just delete it. If I can get my hands on 2 more little 8x8 farms and convince my friend to swap spots with me I'll be all set.
Just got done doing something similar except the last spot was given up by chance via someone moving or quitting, who knows. Given my alt army I've been mining like a madman on my mining/masonry alt to acquire the 15 stone packs necessary to complete the first stage of construction. I angled it so that the balcony overlooks my 10 16's full of yatas. Will post pics once it's complete.

Aside from that, halc is picking up and is actually being contested by the West, which is a nice change of pace. Some decent large (by Ezi standards; 40 on 40 or thereabouts) skirmishes have been taking place nightly. If only I didn't have to poke, prod and do everything short of pick up a good portion of the East's representatives in order to get people to come to halc rather than their precious CR / GR. Oh, and porting them all too. But given that I failed my 3rd 6th > 7th necklace last night, I'm in it to win it.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Now that there's no afk timeout, people are afking in city entrances and bridges in their tractors just to be cocks. I've never been blocked by this sort of thing, I went straight from donkey to car, but it has driven a few friends to quit. In american mmo land, at least for the past 10 years, you could mine the DB for "exit opportunities" and see the impact on a neat graph. Hell they had that back in UO, which is what led to the separate pve areas.

Kind of hilarious that they just ignore all the asshattery when it is clearly costing them huge. Or I could be wrong and all the tards are huge whales, who knows.