Archeage

Cybsled

Nah, you need peacezones because

1) Early UO taught us that new players don't like be sodomized by max level players bottomfeeding in noob zones

2) Peacetime creates predictable behaviors in players, which you can exploit to your advantage (especially with ocean based pack runs...this is how we pulled in massive hauls when Check used to run the privateering. Peacetime means you know where many players are headed)

3) This game really has no strong penalty for PKing. You go to jail and can escape easy...yay? Meanwhile the jacked player loses their packs (labor+gold), not to mention they have to likely repair their vehicle if destroyed. I would only remotely consider removal of some safe zones if you made PKing much more risky for the PKer in terms of what they can lose.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well, taking my time from here on out and making it a point to get out and breathe; just picked up a delphinad volcano for 55K + apex I've been investing in as a means of preserving my gold's value over the past few months (40 total) just as their price is starting to dip due to (presumably) all the gold bots getting banned and the demand for them suddenly finding itself in an unfamiliar pitfall while things stabilize. Feels good.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
haha ruined my day.

(For those not playing AA on Kyrios, we were able to engage the red force at halcy and the server went down. Would've been a good fight).

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yesterday we had our first real siege. Right now attacking a defended siege is all but impossible, but The White Order brought the heat and gave it their best effort and we thank them for it.

The night began with TWO assaulting the area in front of our base pre-siege
l4Vsxj7.jpg

However they were pushed back to their spawn.
a9DQwDX.jpg

They set up a line of tanks to hit our gatehouse. We were forced to sally out and flank them.
MgGi8D0.jpg

They then attacked from the south.
B8PUFKt.jpg

But were forced back to their spawn, what are they planning now?
ATMYRt5.jpg

A siege tower!
g2Rsffh.jpg

We commandeered it.
alUJ4j9.jpg

And then destroyed it.
WYKieHx.jpg

The enemy then tried a wings rotation on our west side, but were defeated there.
qyPWWiR.jpg

At this point they attempted to defend their spawn.
BpUiCeZ.jpg

But were not successful.
PXtwKbG.jpg

Post-Siege guild picture:
dorMNWi.jpg

Vitality

HUSTLE
Do you think the fight would've been more fun had they not been camped at their rez shrine? How long did the seige last?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
They were only camped at their rez shrine in the start before the siege started and at the end when they basically gave up. Between then they would regroup at their tent, then sally out and attack. But we would usually hit their flank as they moved out and chase them to wherever they were going. By the time they could set up at an attack point they already lost some 20-40% of their players.

The event lasted 2 hours. The first 30m of that was when they attacked pre-siege. The actual part where the castle is destructible lasted 1.5 hours.

As to the core of your question, yes the fight would be more fun if it was more even or if they had a chance of winning. We can easily wreck them on an open field, so they have no chance since the defenders have the advantage. Three weeks ago I led the defense with the extra players from our sieging force while our best 70 were sieging Marcala. We fought a very powerful force led by GankBus which could roll over our defensive force on the open field with ease. They weren't playing seriously though, and they did about as well as TWO did. Hit our one exposed gatehouse then be unable to penetrate further. Our castle is just so easily defensible it's impossible to take with a coherent defense. This is true of most people's castles, but ours especially since we have defensive houses.

The three big things they need to do to make sieges more fair are:
1. Remove defensive houses during sieges.
2. Add increasing respawn timer.
3. Dramatically nerf the tower cannons and AA cannons.

Morsakin

Picked up a pair of Delph Squall breeches via late-night bid snipe. Managed to get max toughness gems in them; butthole was at maximum pucker staring at the screen as I hit the final socket. Meanwhile I'm sitting at a rank 6 halc neck having failed 3 times now going from 6 shooting for at least a 7 and my faction has all but given up on it given that our most organized guild has gone pirate for the time being; not sure if I should sit at 12 after sneaking in a medal later tonight and play it safe and try to take my back-up 5 to 6 or just nut up and take my 6 to 7.

intelnavi_sl

shitlord
Picked up a pair of Delph Squall breeches via late-night bid snipe. Managed to get max toughness gems in them; butthole was at maximum pucker staring at the screen as I hit the final socket. Meanwhile I'm sitting at a rank 6 halc neck having failed 3 times now going from 6 shooting for at least a 7 and my faction has all but given up on it given that our most organized guild has gone pirate for the time being; not sure if I should sit at 12 after sneaking in a medal later tonight and play it safe and try to take my back-up 5 to 6 or just nut up and take my 6 to 7.
Yeah fuck rng in this game. some people get rank 10 on first try. Some people are still rank 5 after months. RNG > 'skill'.

Morsakin

Yeah fuck rng in this game. some people get rank 10 on first try. Some people are still rank 5 after months. RNG > 'skill'.
I'm inclined to agree to the extent that I (guildless, running with two close friends from CFA in BF4) had to personally form / lead and even mass port folks on a daily basis many, many times in order to get to the aforementioned point I found myself at last night, whereas random mouthbreathers would just whimsically go straight to 7+. That's the only part that bugs me; nevermind the mechanics associated with a given faction's balance of power and their ability to (largely) lock out the other from acquiring a BiS item (coming from someone who was on the winning end of this argument for quite a while; I personally see the system as one which creates an environment where the discouraging aspect of this "lock out" becomes nearly a self-fulfilling prophecy given enough repetition and the psyche of Ezi's populace, specifically).

Having said that: I ended up recalling my father's maxim of "Go Big or Go Home" and successfully took my necklace to 7. I could feel the RNG weight lift off my shoulders. Given my numerous patron accounts and the divine gift / moonpoint farming I've done over the past month, I then proceeded to strong-arm my non-delphinad armor pieces to celestial through weight of regrade attempts despite losing quite a bit on charms. Hell, even my instrument too. Even got my chest piece up to 4 resilience gems. When it rains in this game, it pours, what else can I say.

Now if only Auroria would stop dicking me on my move speed cloak, I'd be golden.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
With regard to RNG, because RNG permeates every level of this game's gear one can't focus on one item they get screwed on as the reason they are undergeared. By the time you get a delph weapon and epherium armor to celestial (what you need to be considered 'geared') you'll have either rolled that RNG dice hundreds of times or will have paid someone to roll that dice hundreds of times. Over time, that RNG balances out to its inherent rates.

Morsakin

With regard to RNG, because RNG permeates every level of this game's gear one can't focus on one item they get screwed on as the reason they are undergeared. By the time you get a delph weapon and epherium armor to celestial (what you need to be considered 'geared') you'll have either rolled that RNG dice hundreds of times or will have paid someone to roll that dice hundreds of times. Over time, that RNG balances out to its inherent rates.
Tell that to my server and perhaps you'll see what I had to deal with, heh. I was porting them because a good many of them were complaining about hereafter stones. During the divine gift event. Amidst a myriad of other reasons that were being espoused in /faction as to why they didn't want to participate.

As far as me personally; I'm over-geared by my faction's standards, and while you're right to not focus on a single item's RNG outcomes and rather the full-scope of RNG's effects on a given individual in the aggregate, I think Halc necklaces are a bit of a soft spot because of the necessity to rely on one's own faction at large to even be able to (feasibly) get one's foot in the door so that you can then roll the dice on necklace combines. It's the extra step of having to rely on retards as the price of admission prior to the RNG that bugs me the most. You'd have to spend some time on Ezi to get a feeling for what I'm talking about--a dozen plus people will literally ask if Halc is going on when we're well into the peace timer. It's a special kind of stupid.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I feel your pain. After Auroria the west completely overran halcy. Like 200 west and 0 east. I wanted to change this so I set up guild raids 3 days a week. We'd bring in some 70 people and act as a speed bump for the western army. After a few of these raids I reached out to the guild leaders of all the eastern guilds and we brought a massive force to bear and were able to dominate Halcy. The next time the novelty wore off for the other guilds and we were outnumbered again. We did this for two months and now the west doesn't even come to halcy anymore so I'm left with the opposite problem.

I'm probably going to end up reaching out to all the enemy guilds and ask them to show up on those nights we raid, haha.

Morsakin

I feel your pain. After Auroria the west completely overran halcy. Like 200 west and 0 east. I wanted to change this so I set up guild raids 3 days a week. We'd bring in some 70 people and act as a speed bump for the western army. After a few of these raids I reached out to the guild leaders of all the eastern guilds and we brought a massive force to bear and were able to dominate Halcy. The next time the novelty wore off for the other guilds and we were outnumbered again. We did this for two months and now the west doesn't even come to halcy anymore so I'm left with the opposite problem.

I'm probably going to end up reaching out to all the enemy guilds and ask them to show up on those nights we raid, haha.
Halc has likewise changed hands a few times over the past few months, though this time was brought on when the largest Eastern guild on the server broke up, which conveniently coincided with the same weekend upon which the majority of the East's active pvp organizations decided was the date they were going to start to get their Desert Fox titles en masse, no doubt due in part to their mutual distaste for the typical Easterner on our server. I'll try to pull up some screenshots when I get home but it's basically down to a handful of folks who are both willing and capable of engaging in meaningful pvp leading the rag-tag groups of randoms who need to be poked and prodded into actually participating in that good ol' player-generated content...against a West who is suddenly getting its shit together. Don't get me wrong, I actually like playing the defensive. It's just that I enjoy doing so alongside more than my immediate circle when we're the only ones heading into a losing situation if for no other reason than to fight the good fight, so I can relate to the speed bump comment.

Oh well, the rank 7 has alleviated a good deal of my distaste toward the issue to be quite frank. Everything else is just gravy or salt at this point. If interesting pvp unfolds, fantastic; if not, I sure as shit know it's not for a lack of effort on my part, and at least I have something to show for said effort now.

Vitality

HUSTLE
What's the main point of controllying Halcyon now? Is it still for the meager honor gain + tokens or whatever?

Morsakin

What's the main point of controllying Halcyon now? Is it still for the meager honor gain + tokens or whatever?
The tokens, yes, and the two hour loot buff for your faction. Honor gains haven't been too bad lately; generally make close to 6-700 when the East can actually scrounge up a couple groups.

Otherwise it's just a dash to pick up your daily supply crate and/or get into the base for the single medal and maybe get some good skirmishing in prior to getting overwhelmed.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Basically. The rewards aren't that great. For us it was always just a fun guild event and a good opportunity to try out new strats, give new leaders some experience leading large raids, set an example of how to properly lead raids etc.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I finally got all the land I needed for a bigger house! I had alot of little 8x8 neighbors, so took forever to get all the land. Some were nice and let me buy them out or agreed to move to a different spot, others ignored my mails for months and just let the place sit there and rot and never used it.

rrr_img_91326.jpg

My rl friend next door swapped spots with me so I could get the place to fit. Everything in this area is off by one. I could have placed it months ago but it looks like they deliberately designed the area to have an odd size.

rrr_img_91327.jpg

I bought one of those car display platforms and it doesn't work
frown.png
It says place in a completed Manor. Manors are actually smaller and cheaper than townhouses, so I figured it would work.