Archeage

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Ay, Sorcerers are looking forward to 55 already and others are leveling Defence so we get Anthalons set for the ones with out delphinad sets. We are East btw Tuco, but West was sleeping and once we were there we murdered everything to prevent people from placing houses. Of course people sneaked in a lot still. Anyway, fun release of 55 it was. Unfortunatly cant grind like a madman because of work, but at least I am 51 now.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Nice! I'm surprised you were able to block them. The Western portal goes to the housing area, so by the time we even got on the ground they had taken half the land already, heh.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Shitbucket was in full force last night; hit 52 right before heading into work and crafted myself up to a t3 obsidian dagger.

I weep for the average player on Ezi when they make the transition from floor 1 to 2 given what I saw last night. Nevertheless, my two friends and I had the entirety of the second floor to ourselves for a solid 7 hours and it was fantastic.

Have any of you made it through all 5 waves of the Corner Reading Room / Reading Rainbow instance? We managed to get through 3 before our healer had to unexpectedly bail but it was good fun and relatively efficient xp for the time spent.

Cybsled

Dear XLgames,

No one likes boring ass fucking circa 1999 mob grinds with hell levels. Fuck you and your shit design.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The library zone is really reminiscent of post velious eq zones. Huge ,sprawling, repetitive content. Even the bounty quests make me think two guys did this whole content patch.

What's very typical of this game is that I'd be having amazing amounts of fun if they had one library instance and enabled PvP in it. It'd be a bloodbath. People are complaining about how bad the drops are and how they won't be able to effectively farm inside the library and I'm just like 'good' grumpy cat style.

Cybsled

That's the thing. I don't necessarily dislike levels that take a bit to get. What I do dislike is lazy ass design. It would be like a new WoW expansion coming out with a big level bump, but it only has 1 zone and there are only a couple daily quests to do.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The library wasn't even one of thr major reasons I quit playing this trash game. It gets worse. When patch 1.7 (eventually) hits, you'll like the new boat mechanics for about a week, but by the end of that first week someone will have RMT'd their way to a clipper with a mythic cannon and will roll around 4-shotting galleons.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The library wasn't even one of thr major reasons I quit playing this trash game. It gets worse. When patch 1.7 (eventually) hits, you'll like the new boat mechanics for about a week, but by the end of that first week someone will have RMT'd their way to a clipper with a mythic cannon and will roll around 4-shotting galleons.
say it aint so =\

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Maybe they will be "normalized"
biggrin.png

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I think this kind of crafting system (RNG + OP weapons) doesn't make sense anymore, especially in a market where it's quite easy to buy RMT gold and whale your character up to a Death Star. During release we had some guild who abused APEX, they got a shitload of golds in short time and geared their players, we already got Primevals running around 3 shotting anyone. Gear should be normalized.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I haven't even started thinking about gear. My priorities were house, then car, then better house, then another car (4wd off roader!), then maybe a cool boat or something, then maybe some gear?

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I lost the link where I read it earlier, but full offline labor regen for patrons is coming! That will be nice to keep my machine cooler in the spring.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
They should've had that in place from the beginning. Would've made queue times a lot less ridiculous.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Update 1.8 is live in Korea. Features include:

-Hasla 2.0. A small area is opened on the west of Diamond Shores where you farm tokens to craft weapons and armor that are Epherium quality. You need 250 tokens for the more expensive stuff (like 2H weapons) and 100 for the least expensive stuff (like shoes). Once you get the tokens, you also need one Moonlight/Sunlight Archeum Essence, one Archeum Ingot, and one T2 Ingot/Lumber/Cloth/Leather, depending on what you're crafting. The new tokens have an abysmal drop rate except for the rift that happens every in-game day and spawns a lot of eyeball enemies which are guaranteed to drop a token. There is only one type of token this time, but the gear is itemized terribly anyways (apparently the leather armor is Str/Agi/Spir lol).

-Some kind of upvote/downvote system that has to do with player factions.

Cybsled

They should've had that in place from the beginning. Would've made queue times a lot less ridiculous.
Seems like the new producer is standing up to XL and getting some changes done. But ya, little late for many. I do agree that Patreon status needs more 'oomph' and they seem to be addressing that. I do wonder what the 3 unannounced perks will be.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
If I were him I'd datamine what caused the most people to quit and fix those, but yea it is a bit late.

People quitting for lack of land should come back because there's tons available now for cheap due to the crazy (but good) tax rates now. Maybe it has been for awhile and I'm only just noticing because the trade channel finally works.

I wonder if they still think it is great emergent gameplay to let a jackass in his farm cart (that is apparently made of neutron star material) block a bridge / entrance / doorway. Every friend I had in the game emergently quit in an emergent way because of that.

My biggest problem is that we never make it to peace in any of the conflict zones anymore. My gameplay consists of doing my starry star quests once a day and spending my labor on tax certs, sitting on a giant mountain of materials that would normally be made into hellswamp or cinderstone packs. Usually we make it to danger 5, then the server crashes, or we get a maintenance, or a patch or something.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I quit because RMT, hacking, and exploits destroyed the economy and it's too late to roll everything back. I quit because my client would crash every 1-2 hours and Trion's support had no clue why. I quit because the NA/EU specific changes were awful for the most part and made no sense to put in. I quit because Trion lied about player factions being broken.

The list goes on. Nothing is going to get me to return to this game.