Archeage

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Have fun with their new shitty crime point system. They turned it into a boring faction vs faction.

Molten Core Raider
They're gonna have to tweak these Premium Passes too. There's a big thread on reddit about how there's no catch up mechanic if you miss doing the dailies for a day. You miss a day, you wont be able to get all the rewards. I honestly expect this to get changed, while I enjoy the game, I love being able to do what i want/when I want, if that happens to be skipping a day of daily quests to go potato all afternoon, then I dont want to feel penalized for it.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
You can count on it, if I am on the jury and there is a chance to put someone in jail for a few hours/days I will. My uprooter/thief got nearly 3 days once. Had to delete it and start a new toon on that one because it was during the afk kick spree they were on.

Molten Core Raider
What did they do exactly? The old crime system was hilarious
I dont think the system itself has changed, but the penalties for being found guilty are really steep in the few reddit threads made about it. Im not sure that these guys got actual jury trials or if the penalty was automatic (because of a lack of jurors) though. We'll see tomorrow how bad it is.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
The guy on PTS that got 97 mins was a no jury since none had completed the quest. He said it was 1 pk that put him as wanted. I believe in 6.1 they are changing the infamy points yet again to lessen the sting of a kill.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Well going to jail in the game usually was a slap on the wrist...I recall players would use exploits or find the key to escape pretty damn fast, so the PKs didn't stay there long.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Even if you escaped you still couldn't interact with anything or use skills until your sentence was over, including summoning your mount or ship. And one of the prisons is on an island.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Loved this when it came out, but the p2w sucked. I loved my fishing boat to make money and pvp at sea, will that still be a thing? Really tempted to get back into this with no p2w.

Molten Core Raider
They changed fishing a bit from the early days. The last time I loaded up the boat and went out the fishing spots weren't fish specific, they were just pools you chummed and rng determined what type of fish you caught (proficiency, rod, etc also plays into it, but yeah, it's rng). No more blue marlin schools for big money, you just cast and pray for a marlin.

Edit - one of the biggest changes from the original launch version of the game is how you go about getting your 8x8 and 16x16 farms. You have to be level 30 to get your 8x8 and it comes from a Blue Salt Brotherhood questline that starts in Halcyona (in Solisa). You have to be level 50+ to get your 16x16 farm, it's a continuation of the Blue Salt quests that starts in your factions capital city. You will also get your farm wagon and donkey in the course of this quest chain too, so, no struggling for thunderstruck logs this time around

Last edited:

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Fishing is actually better money than it was before the changes. You still get about the same average gold per fish, plus you don't waste hours and hours trying to find marlin spots. What did make fishing much better early on was the fact that labor pots and chum were dirt cheap.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seems like they're listening to players. I think I'm in at this point, assuming no huge red flags pop up before launch.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
They enabled gifting on the marketplace and got bombed with p2w in chat and forums. The dev's already disabled gifting and said it will not return, so they are listening.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah that was nice to see the quick response. Anyone rolling west NA? I need to find a guild, saw PRX is playing unchained along with some other big guilds.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did anyone bite and try this ? If so what server are people rolling on? I used to like the original AA (quit from the p2w like everyone else) but it’s been so long and just feeling lazy to relearn the million systems this game has

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
That’s my hold up. Seems like the game has a ton of shit to learn and I’m just too lazy for that at this point.