Archeage

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I know my friend who played the original are excited again about the new stuff, they asked me if I wanted to play, but don't really care much for it, partly because I skipped the original release too. From what I hear it looks pretty good though.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I know my friend who played the original are excited again about the new stuff, they asked me if I wanted to play, but don't really care much for it, partly because I skipped the original release too. From what I hear it looks pretty good though.

Yeah a lot of people I used to dominate Aranzeb with are going back but like I said earlier, it just wouldn't be the same so I'm not going to do it. The knowledge gap is going to be massive and all the returners will be at a huge disadvantage unless they can find some people who stuck with it to learn from.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Archeage hasn't added much, instead they have redone a lot of systems.

Obsidian armor is gone, Hiram gear is in, drops from mobs in the north. You use the synthesis system to level up your armor/weapons with infusion items that drop from coinpurse like containers.

Hiram gear is second only to highest tier crafted.

A few skill trees have been reworked, abilities switched around.

Darkrunner is still good.
Sorcery and anything is good.
Archery is still trailing behind.

Archeage IMO is the best MMO ever made, it just was ruined by pay to win. Gamingo took over and removed all the pay to win. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't play if you ever liked the game, its the best it has ever been.

They also redid all the races main quests to be the same speed/amount as the new race quests, so all races can now get to lvl 30 in like 2 hours.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Archeage hasn't added much, instead they have redone a lot of systems.

Obsidian armor is gone, Hiram gear is in, drops from mobs in the north. You use the synthesis system to level up your armor/weapons with infusion items that drop from coinpurse like containers.

Hiram gear is second only to highest tier crafted.

A few skill trees have been reworked, abilities switched around.

Darkrunner is still good.
Sorcery and anything is good.
Archery is still trailing behind.

Archeage IMO is the best MMO ever made, it just was ruined by pay to win. Gamingo took over and removed all the pay to win. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't play if you ever liked the game, its the best it has ever been.
But is your opinion unbiased? ;p

Isn't this the second or third re launch of the game? Just not sure what would different now than the other times a fresh start has happned. Obviously the game has been updated, but its still the same game. I feel whatever hype there is for it is just what everyone feels at the start of any mmo, the rush to lvl cap and pushing into endgame. I hope those who play Unchained have as much fun as they hoped they would.

Cybsled

I loved the shit out of the game when it came out, but I have little interest now. Are land vehicles still artificially speed capped? I was ultra pissed when they capped the roadster speeds after investing so much in making one.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
But is your opinion unbiased? ;p

Isn't this the second or third re launch of the game? Just not sure what would different now than the other times a fresh start has happned. Obviously the game has been updated, but its still the same game. I feel whatever hype there is for it is just what everyone feels at the start of any mmo, the rush to lvl cap and pushing into endgame. I hope those who play Unchained have as much fun as they hoped they would.

No regrade bullshit, no blowing items up trying to reach above unique.

I am super aware of the hopes and dreams after wow classic, i hit 60 in a week and my fun nosedived soon after.

We are all just chasing that high, however long it lasts.

Considering there is no patron and unchained is buy to play at a measly $26, I wont have much to regret if it all falls to shit. When the next fresh start server pops up, It wont cost me a dime.

Cybsled

Awww there's a speed cap on cars? I loved finding big hills to go down

Trion had vehicle speeds normalized way back when. It used to be that if you had a good hill and used fuel for speed boosts, you could get some insane speeds going. Eventually they got rid of that and you could only go a certain maximum speed regardless. It sucked because I used to be able to deliver apple packs from YNY to some farm zone I forget the name of in like 5-7 minutes. After the nerf, it took like 20+ minutes.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
There was a long sloping road that came down from ... I think two crowns. That was great for getting crazy speed built up. You'd kind of outrun the game's ability to load things though.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Nearly my whole old guild is back playing, server launch had a bit of a rough start but then evened out and been fine since. I have seen a lot of old guilds and players back on Wynn the server we are on. Same old bugs, new stuff and so far no p2w anywhere in sight.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
This game kind of has multiclassing right? Or am I just an idiot.

The only thing I recall from this game was the funny flags people had on their ships

Cybsled

Ya, it is a multi-class system. The main classes in the game are typically combos of 2 class/skilltrees.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wynn seems like the place to be for NA. I rolled West there, got to almost 44 last night. Archeage with no p2w is hard to beat.

Molten Core Raider
Friends and I ended up on Denistrious and that server seems to have a gigantic eastern population compared to western. I blasted to 31 fast then hit Halcyona and had to wait for peacetime to be able to do anything because of the roaming herds of easterners. In all my experience it's been the other way around. I wanted 50 before land rush Saturday but it's gonna be rough.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wynn seems like the place to be for NA. I rolled West there, got to almost 44 last night. Archeage with no p2w is hard to beat.
I really want to play on Wynn but I really wasn't sure I wanted to buy the game at launch... Then by the time I got home from work character creation was restricted and 3-5k queues were everywhere.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been checking it out tonight and the game feels horribly broken. It pretty much insta lvls you to 30 and sends you to the pvp zones; totally bypasses whatever content they had in like 4 zone in the 15-30 range, lol.

There is an option that allows you to see every quest available in the zone you're in, but its so broken. Once enabled, it shows every event quest npc they've ever had on the map. So using it to find quests is an exercise in frustration.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
The early zones are basically tutorial, follow the story if you want to. You'll be back to those zones later for random stuff anyways. PvP zones is where the game starts, so if you don't like that part then the game isn't gonna be your cup of tea probably.

Here's a basic leveling guide:

1-30 just do green quests

Once you hit cinderstone/ynstere do all quests.

The alchemy quesrs after you get your 8x8 farm in halcyona give good xp, I recommend doing them along the way. Eventually in perinoor you'll be stuck until you get thunderstruck log later for farm cart, so don't worry about that for now.

Around 44-45 just do main quest line until you get to diamond shores, then go grind ancestral mobs to 50. Can grind solo in whalesong harbor or find a group on aegis island.

At 50 pickup main story again and get through that, then grind out levels to 55, into ancestrals, level up your hiram gear, and so on. At this point you have an idea what's going on hopefully.

Get your donkey and 16x16 farm, do dailies and achievements for gilda's to prepare for land rush soon.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The early zones are basically tutorial, follow the story if you want to. You'll be back to those zones later for random stuff anyways. PvP zones is where the game starts, so if you don't like that part then the game isn't gonna be your cup of tea probably.

Here's a basic leveling guide:

1-30 just do green quests

Once you hit cinderstone/ynstere do all quests.

The alchemy quesrs after you get your 8x8 farm in halcyona give good xp, I recommend doing them along the way. Eventually in perinoor you'll be stuck until you get thunderstruck log later for farm cart, so don't worry about that for now.

Around 44-45 just do main quest line until you get to diamond shores, then go grind ancestral mobs to 50. Can grind solo in whalesong harbor or find a group on aegis island.

At 50 pickup main story again and get through that, then grind out levels to 55, into ancestrals, level up your hiram gear, and so on. At this point you have an idea what's going on hopefully.

Get your donkey and 16x16 farm, do dailies and achievements for gilda's to prepare for land rush soon.
Right, they boosted the 1-30lvl's simply to push more people into the conflict zones quicker as a way to hype pvp. I get it. Not sure if it just applies to Warborn, but I hit lvl30 by the time their starter zone ended, so all the content that was made for Solis, Mahadevi, Villane, and Silent Forest became obsolete... just pack people into Yrnstere / Halconya at lvl30. Seems really artificial.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone having a good eastern guild going and on what server? I clearly can’t play this like a hermit like I do ffxiv, need to be part of some group of people so the game feels more interesting. I’m currently on kaylin but would switch if I had the oppportunity