Archeage

Flattop

Trakanon Raider
Bunch of friends who did not want to play wow classic are interested in this. Housing pvp was a blast when the game first released.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's also Gamigo behind this (with Trion as the fall guy). Remember that. Gamigo.

Generally curious? A quick google and the only thing I recognized was Anarchy Online. A fun game plagued by bad technical problems. Also, I know they took over Rift and I had a friend who played that during its later stage and said they did some good things with it. All anecdotal evidence of course.

What is the general consensus on them? I've been watching a couple developer steams and for the most part it seems they are fixing all the worst parts about the original.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Are they fixing RNG gear upgrades that require pay to win items? That was the part that killed it for me. We had 3/4 castles on our server, total Kraken control, etc. But even with all that it was a dick to level gear and not have it break or downgrade.

Flattop

Trakanon Raider
Are they fixing RNG gear upgrades that require pay to win items? That was the part that killed it for me. We had 3/4 castles on our server, total Kraken control, etc. But even with all that it was a dick to level gear and not have it break or downgrade.

From what I have been reading, Hiram gear fixes the RNG p2win as you can now reroll and get the stats you want for gear.

Also, more pixels:

They really want your fucking money.

Last edited:

RoyalAssassin

Molten Core Raider
From what I have been reading, Hiram gear fixes the RNG p2win as you can now reroll and get the stats you want for gear.

Also, more pixels:

They really want your fucking money.

C'mon be honest. The new graphics have some sex appeal. Admit it, just a little bit.....

Flattop

Trakanon Raider
"with 6.0 is that Guilds no longer own castles. Now entire Factions own castles. So the elected Faction hero coordinates the efforts of the faction. This is an effort to open up siege efforts to more of the player base."

Cybsled

Probably a smart change. Most of the castles in AA fell because the guild owning it just couldn't field enough people anymore to properly defend it. Making it faction based will at least ensure that the faction at large has some skin in the game and encourage more people to show up.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
We always left the guild we were in and joined the defending if it was an alliance guild. I am not so sure this will result in anything better to be honest. The hero will still pick from his/her guild more than likely limiting who gets in.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Game release delayed till oct 15, PTS and name reserve will be oct 1. Majority of items in market place are bound and said they are open to BOP on all items awaiting feedback from PTS. Pretty good stream of info.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Never played this.

The fuck . . . so just go with the PvP rankings for OP at the bottom? Lol

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Never played this.

The fuck . . . so just go with the PvP rankings for OP at the bottom? Lol

No that's very outdated. Use this for a general understanding.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
If you want more info on the game I recommend these channels to get caught up:

Also a live stream today in 15 mins

Molten Core Raider
Streamers and youtubers have gotten access to a Media-only PTS (everyone else gets in on Oct 1st) and info has been trickling out about the contents of the Diligence shop and Cash shop as well as the contents of the Premium passes

Aint gonna lie, all this coupled with the new graphics overhaul and Im getting a little excited about it.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Same, this was the most fun I had in a game. The ocean pvp was a blast, probably spent half my time on the ocean.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah, no game I've ever played has come close to this when it comes to water. Most games water is actively anti-fun and rage inducing and just a couple it's mildly tolerable.

Cybsled

Naval battles were so damn fun in the game. I used to be a regular cannon gunner on a naval crew in the game during events. Plus you could do shit like lasso the pilot off the wheel and fuck with sails/anchors

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Watching the media streams so far nothing is p2w on this version. I am sold on going back, my old guild is returning so hoping they don't pull a quick one on us with the store after we all commit to game purchase.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Getting ready to grief a guild off so hard that they make their own MMO-turned-battle-royale. Aww yeah.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user