Archeage

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man, Hiram is crazy now. Basically every gold and labor I own has to go into it to get decent gear. How are potato farmers dealing with that issue? Is there even a market for craftet items yet?

Basically nobody is crafting armor/weapons. Just ingredients for trade packs and vehicles to deliver said trade packs. Initially a lot is going into packs to build houses and clippers but I don't know if anyone is trying for the bigger ships, at least on my server/faction.

When you can open coinpurses for almost 2g a pop, IMO it makes trade packs kind of silly, when you already have to grind these mobs for ancestral levels and tempers.

Molten Core Raider
I enjoy tradepack running and had initially intended to convert my manor into a tradesman house but Im not so sure anymore, it feels as if commerce in general is outclassed by purses at higher end play. I had to buy a second account to run alongside my main one just to have the labor for packs/harvesting/processing while using the labor on my main for Hiram stuff and coin purses.

I didnt really mess with Hiram stuff on the legacy servers, so this is my first experience with it and honestly, I dont like it. It feels like if you want to excel with Hiram gear you gotta ignore everything else.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is way to push ppl into buying second accounts for supplementary income since the cost of upgrade/failing/upgrading Hiram will outpace your single character income if you're a normal person or don't have people funneling money into you (or lack the gold from ArchePass). At least that is what it feels like to me.

I haven't grinded mob on my main in days, since my time has been spent building up resources and running packs. Made around 600g so far, but have spent that on more upgrades and upgrading gear a bit. Now have a 2nd account, but not sure if I want to lvl it to 50 for a fourth 16x16 plot, but probably will to start making use of Larders for high profit packs.

Planted an Experia Sunflower to test how much XP it gave when harvested (3.5% at Ancestral 2), and I guess it proc'd into a high quality version, which placed me on the Blue Ribbon ranking board at 17th. Got the reward chest for placing and it gave me 10 blue ribbon coins and 50g. Was a surprise.

Molten Core Raider
Im not sure I want/need more land just yet on my alt. For now it's eating up all her labor just to keep the trees down, ore mined and processing done (plus I'm kinda landlocked atm, i have my stuff placed in one of those separated housing areas in Airain Rock, any other property I claim is gonna have to be elsewhere and that's just annoying). I have been considering larders since I dont see much of them at the moment. The basic and gilda packs from Airain Rock on my server have tanked hard, the only time it's worth running packs is when Cinder is at peace and even then you gotta try to be at the front of the line before the masses show up.

Cybsled

Did they adjust labor costs for anything from the core game? The original game developed the game around the idea people would pay $$$$$$$$$$ for labor pots.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Diligence coins and labor recharges are their attempt to solve that, and the gold they had on archepass which is now disabled. Looks like they're gonna be giving a lump some of 300 diligence coins per account while they rework archepass. That would be 60k labor per account if you just buy the labor pots. I'm tempted to use the diligence on alt accounts to upgrade my main to a freighter, but labor is probably the smart choice if you're able to burn it wisely.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you were ever considering getting another account, now would be the time to do it, since they will be giving out 300 Diligence coins to every account, but no eta. Pretty dumb, like really dumb unless they put some restrictions on it. 900 Diligence coin for ppl who have 3 accounts will mean 60 Labor pots for them, which is like 118k labor points(?). Free labor.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been using 2 extra accounts strictly for opening coin pouches and processing. It's pretty dumb

Molten Core Raider
Yep, and getting dumber. Gamigo is backpedaling on the 300 diligence coin payout now citing "player feedback". Archepass will be down at least two weeks as well while they consult XLGames about a solution. This is turning into a mess.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sorta but not really. You can have 3 accounts for 75$ and that's all you can spend for an advantage without breaking ToS. It's play to win more than anything, the ones at the top are putting in 16+ hours a day I bet. There's more you can possibly do per day than you have time for, which is where p2w came into play on legacy, where you could drop thousands of $$$.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Every time I get one its almost unbelievable, I have to do a double take!

aats.png

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
You guys still playing? Dropped like 800g getting my clipper sail and prop mod to epic, it was painful with all the fails. Got my Weapon up to T3 celestial atm, rest of gear T1 celestial. Trying to save up a few k gold to buy land for my alts next to me before I upgrade further.

Molten Core Raider
Im still playing, but Ive pretty much resorted to being a miner and potato full time. I finished gathering all the materials to upgrade my manor into a Tradesmans house last night, but Im short the building certs, which will be horrible to try to get without the Archepass. There's so many things that need work and attention in AAU that it's a really tough sell getting my friends to try it. With that EU server screwed up and monopolizing their time, I cant imagine there's been too much progress on fixing the Archepass, or even getting the diligence allowance that they promised fixed. I'd like to think that this will be an amazing game to play eventually but right now Im pretty much just maintaining land.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
A few friends and I were considering playing Unchained once the LoL season ended but I've been reading lately that server pops are dwindling and gold farmers are becoming more and more prevalent. Also, bugs/exploits were a major issue as well.

Got a MMO itch bad but nothing seems to be very solid atm.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
If anyone is thinking of trying this out, I have a guild for myself and my alts you can join on Wynn west faction. I can help you figure out what you should be doing. With all the flaws so far, I still love the game. We're starting to win more pvp raid vs raid battles as the initial population has declined to something more manageable. Luscas and abyssals are still rough though. Our primetime queues are down to like 4-500 people at max, and it moves pretty fast, I think 480 tonight took about 30-40 minutes.

Molten Core Raider
I am now in full money making potato mode. Finished my Tradesman's House in Airain Rock yesterday and am the only one in the zone with one (only one other dude in the entire zone has a house bigger than 16x16and he isn't working on upgrading) so I have the whole fertilizer pack market from the zone to myself. Im producing 10 larders every 3 days along with all the raw materials to rebuild and refill them after they finish. If all goes well, I should have two of my 16x16 farms upgraded to 24x24s this weekend too.

I've heard there's pvp and stuff somewhere in this game, one day I'll go looking for it.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Game’s far more fun without archepass, hope it never goes back in. Too much to do as is, haven’t even touched pvp or the billion dailies there are. Too busy playing mining simulator. Need to hit that 230k. I have no idea what, if any , dungeons /8 man zones are even worth doing

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the most important daily stuff would be Hiram dailies(improve GS), whalesong event (1800 honor), aegis event(1800 honor), halcy instance battle 3x ( 4500-6000+ honor, a labor recharger, infusions), family quests for vocation, Noryette run hoping to get accessories from the box, guild prestige quests and drill camp arena. After that you can do CR/GR (900 honor each), gilda quests, blue salt dailies for gilda/bonds, join the library zerg and make some labor free gold, farm greater dungeons for labor free gold, and tons more but you gotta focus on what you want by setting little goals and working towards them.