Archeage

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Meh, looks like every modern MMO. Rush through instanced dungeon, spam low HP trash mobs to death in 5 seconds. A few good boss fights but they are just scripted and only fun the first one or two times. Just like WoW, and Rift, and GW2, and TSW, and SWTOR, and AoC, etc..etc...etc.....
I can deal with that if the sand box stuff is done well.

I can deal with that if the sand box stuff is done well.
Yeah maybe I could, not sure. Maybe if life outside of the dungeons is hard and slow paced, then blasting through a dungeon with a group occasionally, might be nice. But after playing TSW recently, again, it just reminds me how games like that get very tedious very quickly.

The questing is fun, in a disposable sort of way. The dungeons are fun, in a disposable sort of way. But neither are fun enough to do over and over and over, and there is nothing else to do besides that. You either run around questing for cash/xp, or you rush through dungeon after dungeon for loot. And then after the novelty wears off a week later, you wonder why you even bother.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm toying with the idea of launching an AA junkies site since I've heard there will be a NA publisher announced soon. Is anyone here interested in running it? Compensation will be tied to the success of the site.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
These prices mean nothing for the west, it is not unusual for asian games to be priced by hours or small time contingents. So we're going to end up with the standard sub price, which is a bit annoying after GW2 and TSW (which i would have never picked up if there still were a sub past the first 30 days).

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
makes sense. Lets say you are a school kid who doesn't have enough money to pay for a monthly basis or a gaming computer. Just go to a PC bang for 3 hours, pay for that amount of subscription, and play for 3 hours until your time is up. The same can't be done in the West.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So they are porting this over to English right? Are the dungeons open world or instanced? Been watching some videos and it looks pretty good.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
There is definitely instanced content. I can't really answer if there are open world dungeons in addition to that or not though.

Hekotat

Is there an ETA on the conversion and does anyone know if it sucks or not?

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
There isn't an NA publisher yet just rumors that an announcement might be coming soon. So, a while. Someone up above said the client runs like balls which is kind of disappointing to hear. Other than that it's just been a bunch of talk about some worthwhile mechanics they're using that make it sound really promising. As to if they actually deliver or not I'm not sure anyone can answer. More of that to come out as the Korean beta continues I'm sure.

Hekotat

Well balls, here's hoping we get some juicy info on this or EQNext soon.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I said it before, but the client runs like shit. Its the cryengine 3. So that should tell you what to expect performance-wise.

Really, dont get your hopes up for this game. This game should be approached with alot more caution than what some have shown in this thread.

Hekotat

I just watched some dungeon vids and the combat looked nice, I should learn to not get my hopes up.

Furiouss1_sl

shitlord
Good to finally see this game gathering some well deserved interest. Been following AA a few years now and can't wait to see which western publisher is chosen.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
i've been following this game for a while now and i keep hearing people calling it the "next UO" but i`m still pretty vague on the rule set. so is it like ffa pvp with loot drops?

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01...-weeks-launch/

Pre Order info for next weeks launch.

Things are moving fast for ArcheAge in Korea as the title barrels down the final stretch to launch. The title is currently wrapping up open beta testing in the region and recently revealed that it will be releasing on January 15th there with a subscription model. Now we have a glimpse as to what XLGAMES is preparing in terms of pre-order options thanks to the official Korean website.

While the translation is never perfect, it looks as if the various pre-order packages include game time (including bonus days), commemorative coins, items, buffs, and even a "sky boat." There's a limited amount of time to take the studio up on this offer, so if you're in the region and interested, definitely give it a look sooner rather than later.