Archeage

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Theyre just so shut in on any information about having a western release. I cant remember what all the Publisher did for Tera/Aion etc. that "Westernized" those games. Is it just turning shit to english and putting up a server?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sometime includes drop % , grind vs quest etc, from what iirc with aion and tera. Few more things then just language.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Can't help but be a little stoked about this game. I have to say that from a graphic design perspective that is the slickest looking MMO site I have ever seen.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I kinda hope ArcheAge doesn't turn into another Asian MMOs like AION/TERA.

I know I know, I have read all its "sandbox" features, but we will see...

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
The site preloads all of the HD images and music which is why it takes so long to load. I was wary of that myself. It makes the site really great to use though, every element opens instantly.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Looks like they're planning to release this thing basically everywhere. If you have noscript etc. the site will load, but show no images. Instead you can see a ton of referal urls, lots of EU addresses aswell, apart from the already obvious NA release.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
This game is still 1-2 years away in the NA unless they've secretly been translating it into English already. There's a lot that goes into translating a game into another language that doesn't involved using a dictionary.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I understand that. Was just wondering if this is a complete FFA PVP game or not because if PVP is optional, this may be a hit.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
My guess is it's only FFA PvP. Most of the asian MMOs only have one ruleset and they tend to be very PvP oriented. It's better that way, it forces the sheep to play on the same server as the wolves.
smile.png

jello_sl

shitlord
This game is still 1-2 years away in the NA unless they've secretly been translating it into English already. There's a lot that goes into translating a game into another language that doesn't involved using a dictionary.
The rumor is they have been working on a translation for NA, and Jake Song wants to have it released this year. I would guess conservatively Q1 2014.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, from what I've found, it seems to be FFA pvp. However, it does seem like there putting in mechanics to discourage ganking; I've seen something about your character getting sent to jail for murder if you kill someone who's a part of your faction, but I'm not sure on the details of how it works.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I was skeptical at first, but that web site sold it for me. I'm hoping for the best when it comes to a speedy NA translation/port.