Archeage

spronk

FPS noob
i kinda gave up on the chinese AA client since it was titanfall beta last weekend, was gonna try it out this week but saw this post on reddit about installing the russian open beta. running it now, seems pretty simple and fast. has a link to the english client patch at the end of the steps
ArcheAge RU English Patch

it also sounds like the most recent patch made it less sandbox-y and more PtW
Real Talk: 1.0 - Korean Retail Discussion - ArcheAge Source

tad10

Elisha Dushku
i kinda gave up on the chinese AA client since it was titanfall beta last weekend, was gonna try it out this week but saw this post on reddit about installing the russian open beta. running it now, seems pretty simple and fast. has a link to the english client patch at the end of the steps
ArcheAge RU English Patch
Bah. It's been a years since Trion announced. I know they have financial issues but come on Hartsman.

"where are you"
tongue.png
this game felt ahead of it's time when it was first mentioned but it's been so long now that it's starting to age before it's even released. Not a single newish decent sandbox MMO in the Western market and yet somehow this is being delayed to oblivion.

Vitality

HUSTLE
"where are you"
tongue.png
this game felt ahead of it's time when it was first mentioned but it's been so long now that it's starting to age before it's even released. Not a single newish decent sandbox MMO in the Western market and yet somehow this is being delayed to oblivion.
that's why they call it ArcheAGE - budump-tshh

Syringed_sl

shitlord
"where are you"
tongue.png
Every so often that I log into Rift, I occasionally see a GM in the low-level global channels asking people what they think of Trove. What's funny is people ask more about Archeage and they deflect questions on the subject. Another case of a MMO company plugging their ears when listening to customers.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
From what I heard, though a while ago, a lot of it had to do with corporate agreements that delayed a lot of stuff.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
So how is this? ive basically maxed out in BnS gear / progression wise looking for something else to play.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
already? lol. BnS must be extremely thin on PvE content. Probably should never release here.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well fuck me. At the top of the page. Worth a bump anyway. Thanks for the snarky bitch ass response.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Thanks I would of missed it.

Edit:

Account setup is painless but the download is really slow. I'll check it out tomorrow hopefully it will be finished.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
So got a little bit of time in today.

Setup is simple. Applying the patch is also simple you just need to edit the .bat file with your folder location so that the UI and tool tips are in English.

I forgot how nice it was to play a game with a good UI. Everything is pretty painless to figure out with how good the UI is and the English patch. Everything works the way you would expect it to and I have no issues with the UI what so ever. Attractive, functional and full of info (all in English).

I didn't get very far but quests are standard fair. The flow of questing is very good with minimal amounts of going back and forth. Overcharging quests is rewarding as is grinding so killing some extra mobs doesn't feel like a chore. Quest loot makes sense and I was able to supplement some items from killing some named mobs. Quest translation is rough but works and frankly its not necessary to really read much with how well the maps and quest markers work. What little there is will mostly be gone when the full English version is completed and things are a tad clearer.

While the quests are pretty standard I am having no issue with wanting to play the game. This is coming from someone that got to maybe level 15 in Wildstar after being in closed beta for a very long time and didn't enjoy TESO PVE what so ever. I don't really know why that is. The world (massive and beautiful), the potential for what end games brings and the variety of activities to keep you busy on the way and at end game are all playing a part in why I will play this and not TESO or Wildstar. Combat feels pretty responsive even with transatlantic pings and the class system is very interesting. All told this feels like a better game with many more carrots than slamming your head against a door over and over.

While the quests aren't much to write home about the combat is pretty good even if its tab targeting. Looking at the various skill lines and customization options available there is a good amount of variety to choose from. I'm sure there will be a lot of Min / Max builds but there will be more options available than what you would normally see with a single class linear skill list / talent tree game which is a big plus.

I'm not high enough for PVP but a few in the guild are and enjoying themselves. I saw a court trial while logged in and that was interesting listening to the back and forth between the accused and everyone ragging his ass. I forget the verdict but I think it was 30 minutes in jail or something. From what I've heard in TS they aren't having trouble with taking on more people than they have and fights are easy to find. I've even heard people that are at a merchant or something distracted start getting ganked and still manage to kill the aggressor.

The world is huge and very pretty. You get a mount fairly early. You also go through some very basic tutorials for building and farming very early on. Levels are easy to get. Grinding mobs seems to be equally rewarding to questing. I see my bar moving very well with each kill and I've been told that holds true later on.

Some issues I have so far:

I'm seeing some hitching at times, usually near settlements and once its hits you usually don't experience it after things load. I need to mess around with graphic settings more and double check my drivers. I have seen it some out in the wild as well. Annoying but not as bad as Vanguard which was terrible.

I see some grass pop in which is annoying as I'm running around I need to adjust my settings to see if I can fix that

There is some latency between SE FL and Russia. It doesn't ruin the game for me but obviously its not the same as playing on a US based server. I think we are at a disadvantage because of it but its not so bad that the game is unplayable or even not enjoyable. YMMV.