Archeage

Vitality

HUSTLE
You said every 6hours though, so it's like 4times that assuming you check every 6hours right?

I would assume the costs for feed/supplement would only go down over time, the reason they're high early on is because you need a house to get a farmer workbench to make them, but iirc they don't have any actual skill requirement and the materials are very easy fast crops shit like barley, clover(which you can find everywhere just running around too) and so on.
- Yes the cows require a 6 hour periodic milking and upkeep - original post has been edited to reflect his. 24g/day per farm is the static rate. We have this duty currently split between 4 family members of varying login availabilities.

- You do not need a house for a farmer work bench. You can place this on your large farm's scarecrow's head.

- Feed costs are likely due to normalize as more people rely on cows for static income, they are already very low (under 5 silver each).

- Supplements are required for every livestock in the game, and are much less vulnerable to market fluctuation, infact they've seen an increase in sales price 25% in the last 4 days.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Description xpost fromhttp://www.prx-guild.com/forum/m/161...e-misadventure
I just had to share a story from one of the naval fights last night because I'm just so proud of how well everyone did and it was a complete blast. Video courtesy of Aly is above.

So there were six of us that went out on an impromptu trade pack run last night during NA prime (me, Aly, Goodnews, Menion, Cten and Elaithe). We mostly had 1 pack each already made that had been sitting on the houses for a while so used those and since Aly and Elaithe didn?t have one yet, they snuck up north to make them out of sight (or so they thought). The plan was to have them make their packs, hop on Aly?s big ship and then rendezvous with us in the harbor ? at least that was the initial plan. Shortly after Aly put the galleon in the water they were spotted by an enemy ship. And not just any enemy ship ? another galleon that had approximately 12-15 reds from the guild Bushi on it.

So now Aly and Elaithe had to get to us, we had to get to them, all while being chased by an enemy warship. The tricky part would first become the four of us trying to board Aly?s ship while it was moving and being chased ? 3 of the 4 of us made it (bet you can?t guess who missed! ) After some crazy evasive maneuvers, Aly somehow managed to get back by me and I was able to board the ship (while they were still being chased). See, if it had been a DPS we could have had Aly cut tail and run but he realized that they were going to need their only healer if they had to defend and made the decision to swing back and take that chance.

Now that we were all aboard, it was time to try and get some distance between us and the enemy galleon. This is not as easy as it sounds because of the speed boosts available on these ships and we found we really weren?t able to outrun them, even when they worked on getting the angle to fire upon us with their cannons. With Aly on the wheel, Goodnews, Cten, Elaithe and Menion all took up defensive positions on the cannons while I stood back preparing to heal my ass off. Well I should revise that statement ? Goodnews tried to take up defensive position on a cannon and instead hit the key for the plank which jettisoned him from our ship. Whoops! Fortunately he was able to get up and around while doing some amazing damage to the enemy before coming back to our ship.

Over the course of the next minutes, the enemy tried to board us multiple times (we fortunately thwarted those attempts) and Cten made the move to try and distract them by flying towards their ship in an effort to help our ship get away. I still have no clue how he managed it, but he not only got on their ship but had control of the captain?s wheel until they eventually kicked him off. Oh but he wasn?t finished. He zipped and zagged his way to their anchor and dropped it which completely stopped them in the water. Now theoretically this would allow us a chance to flee on our galleon and put some distance there but we opted to stay and fight and fight we did. We continued to fight them off as they tried to board and they did manage to kick Cten off their ship once and for all but his death was not in vain as we kept going and Cten made the long trek back to us on his clipper.

We had a decision to make as we were now down 1 from our 6 person crew and they still had a good 8-10 on their ship. Menion then decided to step up and lead the charge as he hurled himself (pack and all) onto the enemy ship followed by our DPS. Aly did a phenomenal job in not only keeping the buff up on our ship to keep the enemy off but also maneuvering close enough to the enemy ship so that I could keep our guys healed in a very intense fight. Before we knew it, we had killed or ejected all the enemy players from their ship and had control of it. As we started to take their ship to sea to destroy it, the remaining 2 enemy valiantly boarded Aly?s ship (since it was just me and him there) in an attempt to take it over. Fortunately our guys reacted fast and came to take them out but not before the enemy was able to despawn their ship.

All in all, it was an amazing ongoing naval battle and everyone had at least one pivotal moment in the fight that kept us going. So, I wanted to share that story because it was a blast to be a part of (Aly has video and will get it up as soon as he?s able to) and I wanted to give major props to everyone out there last night who fought hard, fought together and really just rocked some socks. It?s fights like this that are an example of what PRX is and what it does, regardless of the odds and what I can?t wait for our newer faces to experience as part of the PRX war machine.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Cow profitability will stay static even as the market fluctuates, profits are based on vendor price of milk. So unless Trion changes milk vendor prices, the above 24g/day/large farm values (edited) will stay the same.

The only thing that will change would be the feed and supplement cost offset sales. But if the market floods with these items, the cost will be next to negligible and offsetable with other means.

#actuallyalphatestingthisgame
Are you saying that the resell amount of milk to a vendor is high enough to make it profitable? If so that almost always means it will get nerfed once the word gets out that players can actually start printing their own money.

Vitality

HUSTLE
rrr_img_66693.png

Lol... guess I'm a shill.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Are you saying that the resell amount of milk to a vendor is high enough to make it profitable? If so that almost always means it will get nerfed once the word gets out that players can actually start printing their own money.
Yes that's what I'm saying, and yes, if Trion gives a fuck about the cow money printing, they'll nerf it into the ground.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
You still need to craft/farm/do work for it though.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't see it being changed, 24g a day is not a lot and it literally occupies your large farm for the entire duration.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
My bad on workbench, assumed you needed a house, didn't know it could be placed on a farm. If it's 24g total yeah it's not really that great, but since it's vendor price it's still nice as you don't face people undercutting you constantly and soon making 4g instead.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, its nice. For something like a family of 5, maybe have 1 or 2 going full time just for this guaranteed money, while the others plant what's needed and for market. As long as you can rely on the other people to do whats needed.

Vitality

HUSTLE
My bad on workbench, assumed you needed a house, didn't know it could be placed on a farm. If it's 24g total yeah it's not really that great, but since it's vendor price it's still nice as you don't face people undercutting you constantly and soon making 4g instead.
I have a family of 4 running 4 large farms of cows, so we make 100g a day nearly passively. (10mins to clear for one person) who also gets 50% of a level clearing the cows in 10 minutes.

The benefit here is it's multiplicative capabilities with additional members/guild members.

It's pretty worth while if you consider other things you can plant on your crops. Trees bring in 14g per day at best, and require a substainally larger time investment. And also require that you're able to sell the items each day on the market.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Yeah, its nice. For something like a family of 5, maybe have 1 or 2 going full time just for this guaranteed money, while the others plant what's needed and for market. As long as you can rely on the other people to do whats needed.
We use small farms + alt small farms for seed bundles/trees etc. Currently stocking up on wheat/worms for Halcyona trade packs.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I have a family of 4 running 4 large farms of cows, so we make 100g a day nearly passively. (10mins to clear for one person) who also gets 50% of a level clearing the cows in 10 minutes.
You should make it a point to become the first player in the history of MMOs to reach level cap from primarily milking cows.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
So I'm not quite understanding here. How much gold are we talking about to deck out a character in high end crafted? What else is it needed for? What if I just wanna be a thieving, gaming, treasure hunting bastard? Are there massive gold sinks that will Fuck my ability to maintain my lifestyle?

Vitality

HUSTLE
level 50 milk drinker
One guy in my guild is only getting levels off the cows and seed bundles, It's actually a pretty decent method for alt and secondary skillset leveling.

You basically swap out to three different skill lines at 50 and get a level per day just from cows and plants.

gox_sl

shitlord

The benefit here is it's multiplicative capabilities with additional members/guild members.

It's pretty worth while if you consider other things you can plant on your crops. Trees bring in 14g per day at best, and require a substainally larger time investment. And also require that you're able to sell the items each day on the market.

So what is the cow milk thing? Is it just vendor gold? How does that work?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haha that ship fight looked fun as hell. Unfortunately the typical endpoint of these games is initial fun small group Pvp eventually coalescing into mindless Zerg vs Zerg once the game matures

Vitality

HUSTLE
So what is the cow milk thing? Is it just vendor gold? How does that work?
You'll have to read a page back or so on my original post about cows. Yes you vendor the milk 4 times a day. Best done in larger groups of friends so you don't miss milkings.

Some finer details about cost offsets and setup etc. But you get the gist.