Archeage

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Are there not high level and valuable resources to fight over? It sounds like everyone is fighting in low level zones.

H8DI4IG.jpg
Wish in the alpha they let us test uploading onto our cloaks our designs we want cant wait for that, that is hell of a feature.

Vitality

HUSTLE
There are higher level resources in Auroria (stuff that requires you to have 50k mining to harvest) that no one cares about currently, it is also dominated by OT and Coahlition (eastern faction super guilds)

Just not enough stuff in the northern island to care about risking all your time fighting for really. Seiges are just bind rushes. etc.

Cow milk buys it all anyways.

The best fights so far are found in Halcyona (which is where you turn in honor quests for necklace peices) it is also the most actively flipped wartime zone (only time you can get honorpoints in pvp combat is killing people during wartime) It is also the most actively AFK Invulnerable Rez point camped zone.

Roxby

Lord Nagafen Raider
This game looks interesting, is it worth getting into? I'm getting burnt out on starting new shit only for it to flop a few months in.
IE: GW2, FFXIVreborn

There are higher level resources in Auroria (stuff that requires you to have 50k mining to harvest) that no one cares about currently, it is also dominated by OT and Coahlition (eastern faction super guilds)

Just not enough stuff in the northern island to care about risking all your time fighting for really. Seiges are just bind rushes. etc.

Cow milk buys it all anyways.

The best fights so far are found in Halcyona (which is where you turn in honor quests for necklace peices) it is also the most actively flipped wartime zone (only time you can get honorpoints in pvp combat is killing people during wartime) It is also the most actively AFK Invulnerable Rez point camped zone.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
anya stones are a resource but they arnt valuable at all. The only thing they are really used for is to craft the key to enter the 10 man raid ... which doesnt work past the first boss.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
There are higher level resources in Auroria (stuff that requires you to have 50k mining to harvest) that no one cares about currently, it is also dominated by OT and Coahlition (eastern faction super guilds).
Yet another reason why it's difficult to predict how the PVP metagame is going to play out once the game goes live. These two mega guilds built around popular streamers have so many members that they skew the outcome of just about everything in the game. The server politics metagame on a live server with a streamer's mega guild is going to function differently than a server that consists primarily of traditional guilds.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I predict PRX controlling the north and most active PVP zones, and everyone else quitting. It's happened before right?

How much Cow milk is it going to take to stay off your KOS list Tuco?

gox_sl

shitlord
Going purple should last longer(afiak not the same as bloodlust, you can flag yourself to attack other players(bloodlust mode) but are not purple until you attack someone).

it is kinda silly how people can purple gank and if you get away/reset the fight they will be green and you either need to wait for them to get first attack on you or you need to flag.

Should last longer/can't gy hide/

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
This game looks interesting, is it worth getting into? I'm getting burnt out on starting new shit only for it to flop a few months in.
It's Free To Play. You have no excuse to not get into it. If you don't like it in a few weeks, walk away guilt-free.

I never understand why people ask this about F2P games or even the cheap B2P ones.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
I never understand why people ask this about F2P games or even the cheap B2P ones.
Maybe because it's not f2p atm and that was what he was asking? Seemed kind of obvious to me.

The game is a ton of fun but it is very easy to get burnt out on it. Much more so then other MMO's I've played, imho. I also think if you look at the $150 price as an investment spread over the entire duration that you play, added to the benefits received through purchasing the founders packs, it is a good value.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Going purple should last longer(afiak not the same as bloodlust, you can flag yourself to attack other players(bloodlust mode) but are not purple until you attack someone).

it is kinda silly how people can purple gank and if you get away/reset the fight they will be green and you either need to wait for them to get first attack on you or you need to flag.

Should last longer/can't gy hide/
I think the duration for flagging is fine -- I would be in favor of murdering raising infamy a bit faster. That being said, if you kill someone 5-10 times you'll go to jail next time you die which is a 15-20 minute break in your grindfest so there is SOME incentive not to aside from pirate @ 3000 infamy.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
If they don't come up with a way to earn top tier PVP gear without farming I will not be playing this for very long. I just want to kill things.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
mEO6aCS.png

more murders than assaults, sup.

Archeage is a game without a soul, without a base. Its gone further to try to appease PvE and PvPers but neither one is satisfied. Theres a war going on on their forum, in game chat, everywhere between people who just want to fight or just want to farm. I cant imagine this game being very successful.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've pretty much stopped playing to avoid burnout and seeing everything before release. Nothing really more I want to test and I see no point in going for high end gear, houses or ships. I log in to pay taxes and maybe pvp for a little then log off.

I'll use a beta weekend to try a different class(mostly likely a melee dps or archer) and that's it.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
with the amount of stealth in the game, im not sure thats wise. Thats why Primevals are so popular. They can pop out of stealth and kill someone in 2-3 hits but they have cc breaks just in case they get initiated on.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I havent played the game that much (tried Russian beta for a couple days) - Is there a way you can easily detect Stealth? Or maybe a class that can efficiently do it? Stealth done poorly can ruin a game for me. :/ Also - If a lvl 50 goes to jail for killing me, a lvl 20, after a predetermined amount of times then Ill be really fucking happy.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Sorcery has a kinda permanent buff that increases stealth detection a lot. Also buffs your armor a fairly large amount, but drops after it mitigates a certain amount of damage(a kinda low amount, but it's great to reduce a large initial hit, say, from a stealther). Other than that stealth works like wow, where it's proximity based, facing based and level based(important one, if the guy is 50 and you're 30, he can probably make a BBQ in front of you and you wouldn't notice until you he pokes you with the sticks). Other than that nothing really but PvP cloaks get you out of opening CC chains if you react quickly. That said the ganker pretty much always has an advantage and stealth is pretty strong in general. If you plan on soloing a lot you probably want to make a build that has shadowplay. Other than healers, you can make any of the common archetypes with it though, melee, archer and mage. Healers you probably wouldn't take stealth, but you probably wouldn't solo a healer either.