Archeage

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
WS has open world pvp in the same way. Unless you rolled on a casual PVE server.

In fact, WS always has open world pvp, AA has "Peace time" pvp toggling in the open world quest hub zones after a certain amount of pvp has taken place...

Just one comparison of many.

Open world pvp in wildstar actually progresses your character in multiple ways by granting you Elder Points (Towards elder gems for pve gear/raid keys) and a sizable amount of coin.

Open world pvp in Archeage nets you maybe 1-20 honor depending on the amount of people that tagged the guy. If you're a healer not doing any damage, you get nearly nothing for the kills. 1-5 honor tops. (the value here is if you camp trade routes and manage to poach a pack or two which is highly unlikely in a quest central area).

(This is all pre 1.2 speak on my part and subject to change)

Archeage definitely has better goals to reach than Wildstar, for my taste atleast. Your name on the server actually means something, local server based PVP will always present more ePeen opportunities than the cross-realm stuff WoW/WS present.
I leveled to cap in ws on a pvp server and it's world pvp was utterly pointless and somewhat aggravating. The difference in spec/gear for someone trying to quest led to gankers having an easy time of things but no one gave a shit because at most you were out a one minute walk. Compare to AA where it felt much easier to quest AND pvp; my build did both fine. Plus, executing idiots in your own faction is a huge part of the immersion. I despise games telling me who my friends/foe are.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...396#post195396

Alpha testers,

We've just announced that Closed Beta invitations are being sent to the ArcheAge community. To save yourself some downloading, you can copy your up-to-date Alpha folder to your Beta folder!

Make sure that you have updated Alpha today!
Find the folder where you have AA Alpha installed. It should be "<something>\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Alpha". You can check in your Glyph Settings to find out.
Copy EVERYTHING in your *\Alpha folder to a *\Beta folder (mine is "C:\TWN\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Beta")
Make sure that you close and re-open your client so it sees the new update
Play (when CBE1 begins on July 17 at 10:00 AM PDT)!

Enjoy!

Also read the second page of that forum post, it seems you can just have the folders be the same name so you don't have to double the data, although I'm not sure if it will work switching clients.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...396#post195396

Alpha testers,

We've just announced that Closed Beta invitations are being sent to the ArcheAge community. To save yourself some downloading, you can copy your up-to-date Alpha folder to your Beta folder!

Make sure that you have updated Alpha today!
Find the folder where you have AA Alpha installed. It should be ?<something>\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Alpha?. You can check in your Glyph Settings to find out.
Copy EVERYTHING in your *\Alpha folder to a *\Beta folder (mine is ?C:\TWN\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Beta?)
Make sure that you close and re-open your client so it sees the new update
Play (when CBE1 begins on July 17 at 10:00 AM PDT)!

Enjoy!

Also read the second page of that forum post, it seems you can just have the folders be the same name so you don't have to double the data, although I'm not sure if it will work switching clients.

Slacker242

Lord Nagafen Raider
Question: Do Alpha testers get extra keys? I have been in Alpha forever. I have never seen an extra key to give out. Did they do this?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
This is the sort of thing you guys don't release until the last minute right? My bad. Should have put that together.
Typically, all the information relevant to making that kind of decision is not available until the last minute.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The best was in GW2 where only a couple people in our 1000+ person alliance knew which server we'd choose and didn't announce it until servers were up. They announced it in a central Teamspeak to the leaders and we announced it to our guilds. This seems silly but in ESO we were a little more lax about which server we'd choose and RUIN actually changed which server they wanted just to be on our server.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Can anyone get the beta download to work? I keep getting an authentication with the download server error.