Archeage

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, it's a fresh server. No character copies. But alpha players cash shop creds will be account based. So any they spend on either alpha or beta come from the same pool.

gox_sl

shitlord
I was first excited for beta hoping there would be level cap for each event, since i think those are fun for beta to mix things up. Getting BIS level 30 and playing for a few days like that. But since Beta is basically just a new alpha cluster restart that is only up part time i cannot see a point besides practicing land grab.

Already bored on Alpha1 have thousands of gold alright gear, but with the economy being a mess there is nothing you can do with it. Just glad the cash shop came up so i could get a good temper on my weapon but sadly I just sit in 1on1 arenas and fight 1 trick daggerspells, darkrunners and primevals all day.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Anyone have a quick tldr on starting out and builds? Just need to be pointed in the right direction and can google out the rest.

I usually play healer/support or ranged magic/physical dps.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I was first excited for beta hoping there would be level cap for each event, since i think those are fun for beta to mix things up. Getting BIS level 30 and playing for a few days like that. But since Beta is basically just a new alpha cluster restart that is only up part time i cannot see a point besides practicing land grab.

Already bored on Alpha1 have thousands of gold alright gear, but with the economy being a mess there is nothing you can do with it. Just glad the cash shop came up so i could get a good temper on my weapon but sadly I just sit in 1on1 arenas and fight 1 trick daggerspells, darkrunners and primevals all day.
Idk, Landgrab practice was doable in Alpha already, got mine timed out to 20 mins exactly including porting friends to each location. With the reduction to land taxes this time can be optimized a bit further.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone have a quick tldr on starting out and builds? Just need to be pointed in the right direction and can google out the rest.

I usually play healer/support or ranged magic/physical dps.
For ranged physical DPS you have Primeval (Archery / Shadowplay / Auramancy), strong combo which does dps from distance, has CCs, escapes and stealth. I myself play a Primeval and it's pretty good for both ganking and small scale PvP, you'll most of the time have initiative over your enemies and you'll be able to pick your fights. Regarding ranged magic dps you have Daggerspell (Sorcery / Witchcraft / Shadowplay), I didn't try it myself (planning to try it tonight). These two builds are quite popular. If you want to venture into Archeage healing, patch 1.2 brought many changes I didn't try myself, but from what I've heard anything with Vitality / Auramancy is still decent. Some people also say it's not really fun leveling a pure healer alone, you'll take weeks to kill a mob and you can be jumped on easily.

If you go Google you'll find a lot of people saying Shadowplay is almost mandatory because of the nature of the game (unexpected PvP will happen, A LOT). I'd say if you play along with friends or in a structured guild like PRX, you can go pick a build without Shadowplay and rely on your lads (I think Archeage class system allows it, to make complementary builds among a group). It's mostly about how you will play the game and with who. If you wanna go solo or if your friends suck / are filthy casuals, having Shadowplay is less frustrating.

If you're looking for an updated class builder :Skill calculator - Archeage Database 1.2

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
For ranged physical DPS you have Primeval (Archery / Shadowplay / Auramancy), strong combo which does dps from distance, has CCs, escapes and stealth. I myself play a Primeval and it's pretty good for both ganking and small scale PvP, you'll most of the time have initiative over your enemies and you'll be able to pick your fights. Regarding ranged magic dps you have Daggerspell (Sorcery / Witchcraft / Shadowplay), I didn't try it myself (planning to try it tonight). These two builds are quite popular. If you want to venture into Archeage healing, patch 1.2 brought many changes I didn't try myself, but from what I've heard anything with Vitality / Auramancy is still decent. Some people also say it's not really fun leveling a pure healer alone, you'll take weeks to kill a mob and you can be jumped on easily.

If you go Google you'll find a lot of people saying Shadowplay is almost mandatory because of the nature of the game (unexpected PvP will happen, A LOT). I'd say if you play along with friends or in a structured guild like PRX, you can go pick a build without Shadowplay and rely on your lads (I think Archeage class system allows it, to make complementary builds among a group). It's mostly about how you will play the game and with who. If you wanna go solo or if your friends suck / are filthy casuals, having Shadowplay is less frustrating.

If you're looking for an updated class builder :Skill calculator - Archeage Database 1.2
Oh shit, keep that builder away from Draegan.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Oh shit, keep that builder away from Draegan.
I loled.

---

I find it hard to believe shadowplay will stay mandatory as a main pvp meta attribute for long.

As a Paladin (Bat/Def/Vit), the Primeval matchup is one of the easiest due to primary damage source being physical. Reaver/Daggerspell on the other hand is a paladin ass-blaster due to lack of notable spell defense on heavy armor.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I find it hard to believe shadowplay will stay mandatory as a main pvp meta attribute for long.

As a Paladin (Bat/Def/Vit), the Primeval matchup is one of the easiest due to primary damage source being physical. Reaver/Daggerspell on the other hand is a paladin ass-blaster due to lack of notable spell defense on heavy armor.
You're probably right, after the launch rush I see more people taking complementary builds than going Shadowplay by default, once they will figure how to counter stealth gankers.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Additional Beta Servers Launching

3HZogU9.jpg