Archeage

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This will be the only reason this game succeeds after the first few months. If there is no driver to fight over land for real benefits (gear/mats) it's pretty much going to be boring after a while unless you really like driving a boat all over the place searching for a fight.
So does that mean land on the north island is pretty much just the same crap as the others? I thought for sure there had to be some kind of advantage to it.

I guess that means I'm just going to be looking for something in a non-pvp zone. Bummer.

Then again, we're still in beta. It's possible Trion changes stuff still. Doubtful, but possible.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So does that mean land on the north island is pretty much just the same crap as the others? I thought for sure there had to be some kind of advantage to it.

I guess that means I'm just going to be looking for something in a non-pvp zone. Bummer.

Then again, we're still in beta. It's possible Trion changes stuff still. Doubtful, but possible.
Atm castles don't really have any benefit outside of bragging rights. The guild leader gets some fluff items and the guild can collect taxes from their territory but that's it. Houses/farms put on that territory are not different from any other places, except that if you lose the castle all the land is demolished and the plans mailed back to each player.

The only real fighting point of land atm is location.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There's mats that can only be grown/collected in the north, but they aren't valuable/scarce enough to matter. It's not like each castle gets a mine with 15 rich thorium veins and an ancient cyclops spawns there every 48 hours with a fungi tunic.

Like I said in my previous post, there's no strict tiers of quality in the game. Johnny McNewbie can plant a farm in Noobile, Nuia and grow mostly the same quality stuff as a farm planted by Epic Knighterson in NG+++tropolis Auroria.

I think this game would be much better if the farms planted in safe zones had some 25-50% of the value as farms planted in the highest value areas. And the progressive ability to capture an enemy farm increased with the value. So the farm in Noobville is as protected as it is now. You pay your taxes and nobody can touch you. The farm in NG+++tropolis would either need 24 hour surveillance or it could be robbed/captured or some other method of control.

Ultimately my ideal PvP scenario in these games is one where PRX fights to hold and maintain the most valuable land. Every weekend we have a huge fucking siege battle with all comers to take the full ownership of the castle in the land (and can also hit another huge enemy) and throughout the day we fight to maintain and hold the farms/villages/towers around the castle to earn good money and status.

Every big PVP game has had elements of this system but none have realized it been a good game while maintaining the balance between GW2's trading keeps and not caring and Shadowbane's 'losers quit the game' reality.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wouldn't mind some kind of yield differential based on where your farm is(safe vs pvp etc).

skylan_sl

shitlord
I'm going to give this a shot for the beta event starting today, assuming I actually like it (which I'm still a little skeptical about):

1) I know it's probably been mentioned but this thread is super long, is there going to be a guild for people on this forum? I'm a pretty casual player.

2) I would like to own a farm and don't mind going a bit hardcore for the first few days once the game launches. Are there any guides that detail the best way to start out (which quests to go for, what to do early on) to get a good piece of land early on?

Grimsark

My current schedule is significantly off kilter at the moment, and I will likely be on primarily between 8pm CST and early to late morning the next day, over the course of this beta event. I intend to spend as much time as I can in game, soaking in as much of it as I can, in the hopes of determining if I want to make it a focus for my free time; once its released.

If anyone is interested in my participation I am willing to see what its like to be part of a functional guild again... The last one I was in, was TTI during the birth of EVE Online. Feels like ages ago.

If you'd rather PM me, feel free.

For the first time in a while I am really looking forward to playing an MMO.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Wanted to play but spent the last couple of days trying to overcome download issues. Lots of folks having problems, their download app is not at all resilient. Tried everything I could find on their forums and using Google. Considering how much they are charging they are taking the piss having such a poor download client.

Might be remembering wrong but I think I had similar issues with Rift.

Anyway, have requested a refund.

Cybsled

Wanted to play but spent the last couple of days trying to overcome download issues. Lots of folks having problems, their download app is not at all resilient. Tried everything I could find on their forums and using Google. Considering how much they are charging they are taking the piss having such a poor download client.

Might be remembering wrong but I think I had similar issues with Rift.

Anyway, have requested a refund.
Didn't try their homegrown client D/L app, but the Steam download worked just fine. Once I got that, their Glyph client seemed to d/l the patch updates no problem. I'm guessing tons of people trying to suck down 20+GB downloads each is choking whatever they are using.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just hope it comes back up in the next hour or so. That way I can log on at lunch and stay logged in for labor while I finish the workday.

skylan_sl

shitlord
Per twitter page. not sure if the servers are up yet or not but the cinematic crash was mentioned in this thread.

Crashing before intro movie in ArcheAge
Published 07/17/2014 05:23 PM | Updated 07/17/2014 05:26 PM
I keep crashing at the intro movie in ArcheAge, how can I fix this?
The best way to get around this issue is to flag the intro movie as already viewed in your game configuration file. To do this:

1.Open up Windows Explorer
2.Navigate to Documents
3.Open up the ArcheAge folder
4.Find system.cfg and double click on it
5.When Windows says it cannot open the file, select 'Select a program from a list of installed programs' (this is the second option)
6.From the available options select Notepad or WordPad
7.Edit the line that says login_first_move = and change the 0 to 1.
8.Save the file
9.Start up ArcheAge

Vitality

HUSTLE
Western 1-10 small farm rush guide has been published,give it a look!

Be sure to check out the vod (linked at the bottom of the article) for a demonstration on the strategy.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wanted to like this game, I just really dont like the look or feel of it. Combat feels slow to me after playing Wildstar, and the quest hubs of the early levels are bleh. To each their own, good luck to you if you enjoy this.

I wanted to like this game, I just really dont like the look or feel of it. Combat feels slow to me after playing Wildstar, and the quest hubs of the early levels are bleh. To each their own, good luck to you if you enjoy this.
I feel the exact same way. I was legitimately excited to see that I got into the beta as I wanted to see what all the hype was about. Created a cliche asian kawaii character since that appears to be all there is and logged in. Did a few quests, said nope and logged out. All the elements are there for a game that I could enjoy long term but the Aion and Tera vibes were just way too overwhelming. I may give it an earnest shot when it's actually released, but for now I'm just not interested. Maybe at 31 I am just getting too old for this shit.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If you are playing this game you are playing it for the PVP and drama from that. You also get a world that isn't phased up the wazoo. The combat sucks IMO and so does the questing. The questing is a very small part of the game and you can grind if you want.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Western 1-10 small farm rush guide has been published,give it a look!

Be sure to check out the vod (linked at the bottom of the article) for a demonstration on the strategy.
Looking forward to the eastern one.

Since I just updated to the silver founders pack last week, I went home at lunch and placed my small farm outside Mahadevi. Not the greatest, since it's tropical, but oh well. I really just wanted to put down some geese for the trade pack quests (and 2 banana trees because why not?). I was trying to figure out where a good place to place a farm/house would be, but it's kind of tough to figure out. I want to be close to water, but it doesn't seem like there's much in the way of water + crafting stuff.