Archeage

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
There's a lot of bitching on the AA forums about some new crafting items that Trion may decide to put on the cash shop. I haven't done any crafting yet, so I don't know if the outrage is warranted.

Cybsled

The crux of it is shitty Asian RNG MMO crafting + cash shop item that gives you a better chance of getting a less shitty RNG result. The bitching is because this has a huge impact in late game, since the best stuff is crafted. To put it into perspective, it would be like you crafting the Arcanite Reaper in WoW, but there is a small chance you could end up with a Thunderfury instead. The cash shop items increase the chance you'll get the nice crafting result.

Solution: Reduce shitty Asian RNG MMO crafting. They also need to make the lower tier crafts cost less in rare materials to craft. TERA had the same issue and as a result it's almost not worth it to even bother to craft most of it.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
this isn't new to anyone whos played a foreign MMO, they all have shitty RNG crafting, and you can make it all easier by adding items like regrade charms and such to increase your success rate, wich are solely found in the cash shop and there seems to be 2 grades in this game, one for 500or so points that works on anything under unique, and then a 2600 point one that works on everything above and under unique.

If you have done crafting in this game, youll realize how much these are needed and are basically force fed to you through the cash shop, just looking at regrade scrolls and the odds alone ive had with them, just going to arcane gear, its a small sample size but my 70 or so uses of regrade scrolls, ive gotten it to proc on the first shot ONCE, green > blue was steadily 3 tries blue > arcane took me 6 tries, for each piece of armor, now in the end if the regrade charms were available to me back then it would have certainly saved me a bit of money, and that's the difference a 300-500 point cash shop item can have for someone, you could blow 6 scrolls or pucker up for the regrade charm and MOST LIKELY only spend 1.

AKA crafting in these games fucking suck, and I know in blade n soul these types of things were the ONLY thing I would ever budge on spending money on, just because of how much it saves you, specially when the wep/armors have chances to DEGRADE and fucking BREAK.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The crux of it is shitty Asian RNG MMO crafting + cash shop item that gives you a better chance of getting a less shitty RNG result. The bitching is because this has a huge impact in late game, since the best stuff is crafted. To put it into perspective, it would be like you crafting the Arcanite Reaper in WoW, but there is a small chance you could end up with a Thunderfury instead. The cash shop items increase the chance you'll get the nice crafting result.

Solution: Reduce shitty Asian RNG MMO crafting. They also need to make the lower tier crafts cost less in rare materials to craft. TERA had the same issue and as a result it's almost not worth it to even bother to craft most of it.
This is the only cash shop item that really bothers me. It makes it feel like regrade scrolls will be required to gear up.

I'm pretty sure you were referring to the 40+ gear as "lower tier" but I had issues with trying to do my own gear in beta. I decided, hey, I wear leather so I'll go ahead and start crafting myself a set! I was probably at like level 21 or 22 when I started. I was able to make a jerkin after maybe a day or two (since I didn't know what I was doing). The stats weren't as good as the quested gear, but I knew the crafting was incremental so I was pretty happy with it. Then I saw that the next tier required I believe 5k skill. At I believe 5 skill points per combine for leather, I was all of the sudden facing the prospect of farming 3000 pelts just to be able to consider making the next tier of gear. That shit is so out of whack. I can understand they want crafting to be difficult, but it basically made it so that every single crafted gear piece is mostly worthless until the 40's.

Now, maybe it's just because they want mega guilds funneling their materials into single crafters. I'm not sure. In that scenario it probably makes sense. But for the casual or solo player, they may as well not bother with crafted gear until 50.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Maybe I just hate everything MMO related these days or something but it's sad when I can't force myself to play for more than 20 minutes during beta. I'm not even really giving this game a fair chance; maybe it's really awesome. But if feels dated already (I mean, technically it has been out for a long ass time elsewhere). Curse my jaded ass ways.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's already a25 pages poll threadgoing on on official forums about this issue. It's a colossal dick move from Trion, forcing everyone to go through cash shop to get +x% chance to get a better craft. It's the very definition of pay-to-win and it's pretty bad.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I bought the $150 alpha verison of this awhile back ago played for a weekend or so.. Is it worth investing more time in?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
UTKbRGN.jpg

Stave

Potato del Grande
Maybe I just hate everything MMO related these days or something but it's sad when I can't force myself to play for more than 20 minutes during beta. I'm not even really giving this game a fair chance; maybe it's really awesome. But if feels dated already (I mean, technically it has been out for a long ass time elsewhere). Curse my jaded ass ways.
I'm in the same boat. I keep hearing this is the second coming of MMO but I just don't see it. It feels like a shitty GW2 or Rift that I already saw 10 times over, 5 years ago. I can't get past giving it about 15 minutes before wanting to slit my wrists.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
There's already a25 pages poll threadgoing on on official forums about this issue. It's a colossal dick move from Trion, forcing everyone to go through cash shop to get +x% chance to get a better craft. It's the very definition of pay-to-win and it's pretty bad.
its not going away.

Its not even close to the second coming of warhammer, its just better than anything else out there REALLY, wich does not make it an AMAZING GAME by any means, just the the majority realize, this is better than anything else out so lets play it.

If its anything like Blade n soul, wich I see it being just from the items in cash shop and the crafting, these things are here to stay and yeah, the game becomes "who wants to spend $$ on regrade charms and be done with it" or who wants to be a "masochist" and try the crafting RNG the way they have it implemented.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Thing that makes me not want to play is they pretty much force you to pay for patron, so its the same price as a normal sub game, and then hit you with P2W shit on top of that.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
its not going away.

Its not even close to the second coming of warhammer, its just better than anything else out there REALLY, wich does not make it an AMAZING GAME by any means, just the the majority realize, this is better than anything else out so lets play it.
Pretty much this. I can see this one lasting at least 3 months, which is about 2 months longer than I generally last in other MMO's these days before I realize how awful they are.

It could potentially be much longer. The PVP is a blast. As long as there's a decent community to PVP still, it could go strong for a while.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
So this costs 150$ to play an unreleased yet somewhat dated game, then on top of that you still need to buy items from a cash shop to be competitive? Am I understanding this correctly? Maybe my reading comprehension is bad.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
This is giving me memories if Tera and their BS enchanting system to +12 items. When I farmed up enough tokens in those clusterfuck open world events with massive lag to get my lance. Then only to have to then play the roulette game until I blew enough cash on it to enchant it to a decent level.

The prospect of having to do that for every upgrade I got going forward was enough to drive me from the game.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So this costs 150$ to play an unreleased yet somewhat dated game, then on top of that you still need to buy items from a cash shop to be competitive? Am I understanding this correctly? Maybe my reading comprehension is bad.
It's free to play. The items from the cash shop just happened this week and has quite a bit of backlash. We'll see if it remains (it probably will). Hopefully it's overblown how bad it'll be though.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
It's pay to convenience. That said, it seems like a Korean Rift. I desperately wanted to like it, but my Steam backlog seems more tempting.

Cybsled

Kind of blows that the only thing that can fix a destroyed clipper is an item only craftable by an alch with 10k skill ;/ I was exploring and went into the cove at the pirate island and the Black Pearl lit me the fuck up lol.