Archeage

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Guildwars RvR is not a good example in this scenario because of the 100 person cap per 'faction' allowed big guilds to, quite literally, represent the whole of the force you were up against.

My crew have always played on the weaker faction / teams in every game. It makes it so you never have to look far for a fight and the oppression of a superior force makes for a much stronger community. While you can argue picking the opposite side from PRX is an invitation to getting steamrolled, I am guessing given the more open world nature of this game, that there will be plenty of bads who will flock to be on the 'winning' side that they represent. If PRX quality of players were all that ended up on the other faction, then yeah, it would be a serious shit-show -- but in past, picking the opposite faction from the popular guilds often yielded a lot of opportunities for fun 20 v 8 type fights that were winnable with superior coordination and those are what make pvp fun for me.
I'm going to have to disagree with this. In GW2 most of the times the majority of the force was non PRX. The key was to treat the non PRX as an extension of the guild and not as pugs. Little things like calling them militia instead of pugs went a long way.

The whole underdog role is overplayed imo and PVPers always have an excuse why they lost because something wasn't fair. You will find fights no matter what in this type of game because people can't help but be assholes online lol. You also aren't talking about a instanced pvp zone so you can actually be very succesfull no matter what size guild you are and what faction or server you choose.

Raign

Golden Squire
I'm going to have to disagree with this. In GW2 most of the times the majority of the force was non PRX. The key was to treat the non PRX as an extension of the guild and not as pugs. Little things like calling them militia instead of pugs went a long way.

The whole underdog role is overplayed imo and PVPers always have an excuse why they lost because something wasn't fair. You will find fights no matter what in this type of game because people can't help but be assholes online lol. You also aren't talking about a instanced pvp zone so you can actually be very succesfull no matter what size guild you are and what faction or server you choose.
Totally get this Abef, point I was mostly driving to though was that pvp in GW2 was a limited number, controlled environment which could be heavily 'weighted' with organized guild people given the 100 person cap in rvr. In a non-instanced pvp game, while guilds can obviously still corpse / spawn camp, the mix of people will be far less organized and finding less guild-concentrated combat should be easier, especially given the propensity of a lot of people to 'follow' the popular guilds to be on the winning side. For lack of a better way to put it, I have always enjoyed killing the big guild groupies in pvp and a more open world environment provides a better mechanism to do this than a controlled 100v100v100 environment.

Bruman

Golden Squire
I just want to tell anyone that's excited about this game and might be on the fence. Save your money, it fucking sucked.
Care to actually, ya know...point out why instead of just "it fucking sucked"? I didn't play in alpha, and I'm only playing now because I want a new MMO to run with an active guild (and Zx88 sold me his account at a great price). An actual quick review of what you found negative/positive would go a lot further to help people understand your opinion and actually provide, ya know...discussion here on our discussion boards.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
AA is more guild based than faction based. In Alpha we had plenty of same faction guilds that were KOS. Comes with being an anti-pk guild I suppose. If/when PRX dominates our server in AA, if you're not in PRX or one of our allied guilds, then you're not on the "winning side", you just happen to be a member of the same faction. It's not going to be East vs West so much as PRX and our allies vs (almost) everyone else.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Things will be fun when they let guilds make their own faction. Just swim in a sea of reds.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Totally get this Abef, point I was mostly driving to though was that pvp in GW2 was a limited number, controlled environment which could be heavily 'weighted' with organized guild people given the 100 person cap in rvr. In a non-instanced pvp game, while guilds can obviously still corpse / spawn camp, the mix of people will be far less organized and finding less guild-concentrated combat should be easier, especially given the propensity of a lot of people to 'follow' the popular guilds to be on the winning side. For lack of a better way to put it, I have always enjoyed killing the big guild groupies in pvp and a more open world environment provides a better mechanism to do this than a controlled 100v100v100 environment.
Yah I agree with that. This game gives people who like to roll in smaller numbers a chance to define their own terms of winning. Simply stealing the big guilds members crops and killing them when they are by themselves can be fun.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Care to actually, ya know...point out why instead of just "it fucking sucked"? I didn't play in alpha, and I'm only playing now because I want a new MMO to run with an active guild (and Zx88 sold me his account at a great price). An actual quick review of what you found negative/positive would go a lot further to help people understand your opinion and actually provide, ya know...discussion here on our discussion boards.
Sure thing buddy.

The graphics and animations were pretty awful, something you'd expect to see 5-6 years ago. There was a massive memory leak that is more than likely still unfixed, at one point the game was eating up 18gb of processing before restarting.
The leveling itself was really tedious, the job system was extremely unfavorable if you wanted to do something other than damage. For instance if you wanted to play a healer 1 or 2 of your jobs would be max and the third you'd have to level from an extremely low leveling and be pretty much useless in PVP and some dungeons until you forced yourself to level as a gimped ass two/one job character.
PVP was essentially a massive clusterfuck of zerging and camping graveyards/outside of towns in the leveling zones. Outside of the leveling zones in the PVP areas it was just utterly stupid, I had some of the best PVP gear in the game at the time and was still being one shot by people (one spell, not one round of spells).
The crafting system was probably the worst in any game, in order to create new versions of gear you had to USE lower versions of the gear and you could potentially CRIT making the quality better. This as you can imagine resulted in making 10-15 pairs of bracers just to get the best quality while the rest of them were literally vendored. Everything you crafted costed some sort of action point or ability point, which EVERYTHING in the profession system costed. So if you wanted to maybe make some gear to sell you basically had to forgo planting/farming or any other type of profession work.
You can literally go to prison for bad deeds and breaking out of prison does absolutely nothing except pretty much guarantee that you will be killed again. After racking up somewhere around 24 hours of prison time (that you HAVE TO WAIT OUT IN-GAME) I eventually just stopped logging in.
There's a video out there of a streamer killing like a 70-80man raid with his AOE from his spells, that should let you know how balanced the game is.

The most fun I had was riding around on a dingy boat (that took a week to build) killing random people of my same faction and listening to them bitch about it.

Wakandan did you just ask for my opinion and then neg me for it?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
ah what a bitch move by Krassus
Krassus Sutekh 15:38, 11th Sep 2014 -1 L2p and cry less, wow such a bad player - Bruman [Post] [Edit] [Delete]
More like a funny move

Someone got my ass and blamed Deathwing and I stole it shamelessly =(

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It seems that alot of guilds pulled out of aranzeb. It's now the least populated server.Archeage / Servers / NA - Guildex - The Archeage Guilds Index
I'm not sure how much faith I put in that. Could be people that don't know any better saying the wrong server, or guilds actively trying to mislead everyone else.

It's still interesting that it's changed so much in the last week though.

I'd like PRX to pick a server that's decently crowded, as long as I don't have to sit in a fucking queue.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure how much faith I put in that. Could be people that don't know any better saying the wrong server, or guilds actively trying to mislead everyone else.

It's still interesting that it's changed so much in the last week though.

I'd like PRX to pick a server that's decently crowded, as long as I don't have to sit in a fucking queue.
I think the competitive servers will have queues. Sorry =(

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the competitive servers will have queues. Sorry =(
Hopefully if there are queues, they're short. That'll be a quick way for me to end up quitting, unfortunately. I'm too old to be wasting an hour sitting in a queue after working a 9 hour day.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
More like a funny move

Someone got my ass and blamed Deathwing and I stole it shamelessly =(
1352582566804.jpg