Archeage

Cybsled

When you first start, you want to farm some primary things:

1) Stuff needed for the Blue Salt traderun quests (4th one nets you the 16x16 farm for free)
2) Stuff needed for certain tradeskill quests (like animal husbandry)
3) Stuff you need to craft
4) And of course, shit you can sell to other players that they need for the above 3 things

I would recommend focusing on the Blue Salt stuff 1st since that nets you immediate rewards, then you can try the other stuff

Bruman

Golden Squire
Any place online you reccomend i can read about farming? Since i dont know much about it, i didnt know you had so switch crops out
I don't know much myself, just figuring it out. It's not "switch out", but you harvest what you planted last time after its done growing (hover over it, it has a timer telling you how long, every plant has different growing lengths, and grow time and how much you harvest are affected by where you plant it). Then you have new space, to plant the next thing.

What's "important" to plant in the early game is the stuff for the large scarecrow (aka large farm) and donkey quest. Read through these guides, they're awesome:

Small Scarecrow and Donkey Quest Walkthrough (East) | ArcheAge Furniture
Large Scarecrow Quest Walkthrough (East) | ArcheAge Furniture

Edit: after that stuff, I have no idea what to plant. You'll want to plant whatever makes money, later crafting stuff needs, stuff to help out your friends/guild, and so-on I'd assume.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
ArcheAge ?@ArcheAge 41s
Hey folks - Wanted to be open with everyone: Yep this is a DDoS, and yep were all over it. Stay tuned for updates.

I wonder if this is true or will this be the go to excuse in the future for any outage for any game.

Amenra

Molten Core Raider
Anyone else having trouble logging into the website and Glyph? Just made a new account with a new email before i bought the game, and now I can't log in to anything.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
DDOSing an MMO seems really pointless and random. Would be more interesting to DDOS consumer front ends like amazon during holiday shopping.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
DDOSing an MMO seems really pointless and random. Would be more interesting to DDOS consumer front ends like amazon during holiday shopping.
Haven't they tried and failed because Amazon is a fucking beast and is built for that type of traffic? Also what the fuck is the point of DDOSing a gaming company. Aren't these fucking nerds the type of people that play these games? Go DDOS the fucking government or FCC or something.

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
DDOSing is a well known tactic for hacking. Its not just a bunch of kiddies getting their kicks.
Someone wants to see if they can infiltrate or grab some login credentials.

sebur

Bronze Squire
DDOSing is a well known tactic for hacking. Its not just a bunch of kiddies getting their kicks.
Someone wants to see if they can infiltrate or grab some login credentials.
Forgive my ignorance if this sounds wrong, but I am trying to wrap my head around this. If they DDOS someone and it results in their service being taken down then they can't even connect to do their grabbing of login credentials at that point right? Not asking for you to go in to great detail around this obviously , but I am trying to understand it.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
kinda still wanted to play this, but literally did everything but build/defend a castle in alpha, will definitely be the last time I play an alpha for a game im excited for, I could have gotten a good 6months out of this, now itd be like 2 If I played because of everything I know.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Every time I try to launch the game it tells me that I don't have the right entitlements to play. Thought this was free or whatever?