Archeage

Kroad

Trakanon Raider
One thing I'm curious about.

Let's say a guild (PRX) set up shop on some island and got most of the plots. Then some guildies join on the server later (after launch) when the queues die down and they finally can get going. They see that the village that was set-up is all taken with perhaps a ration of PRX:65, Everyone Else: 35.

Are there methods through passive or aggressive play that you could 'encourage' your neighbors to vacate so that you can have guildies move into their spots?

I mean, it sounds like if there was it would be an ideal type of thing to do in this type of game. Understanding PRX isn't a PK guild but...
Pretty sure there is an organized way to sell/ trade plots so you can just offer to buy it. Otherwise just have to wait it out or could grief/ PK into submission but you are correct that unless the guy is KOS for douchebaggery that is not the PRX way. There is no way to outright take it from someone who pays their taxes

Cybsled

Let's say a guild (PRX) set up shop on some island and got most of the plots. Then some guildies join on the server later (after launch) when the queues die down and they finally can get going. They see that the village that was set-up is all taken with perhaps a ration of PRX:65, Everyone Else: 35.

Are there methods through passive or aggressive play that you could 'encourage' your neighbors to vacate so that you can have guildies move into their spots?

I mean, it sounds like if there was it would be an ideal type of thing to do in this type of game. Understanding PRX isn't a PK guild but...
"Easiest" would be to just buy them out. Lots of people are just land speculating I am sure.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
"Easiest" would be to just buy them out. Lots of people are just land speculating I am sure.
Assuming they'd really want to sell at a fair price I guess (which doesn't seem likely early in this game, hence the land grabbing). Seems like a wuss way out anyways.

I'd like to hear about the New Jersey Atlantic City method of land acquisition in a game like this (PvP based). Offers they can't refuse and all that by building up so much stuff around them or killing certain undesirables with stupid prices every time they stepped foot outside their home, grabbing their crops constantly, etc.

I mean, it's not like it's really faction based in most PvP games where your neighbor helps protect you vs the other side. In this instance it's probably more of a hindrance.

edit: Guess what I'm saying is I want some EvE type drama from this game as a lurker. PRX doesn't have to provide it but I really can't wait til some guild like Goon Squad turns on it's neighbors and controls a whole block Judge Dredd style until they knuckle everyone under to join them or the remaining people make a Coalition of the Willing to put them down.

Fuck all this happy time Cat shit now.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well I got my house, my large farm, and my clipper. So all in all a good weekend, house and large farm side by side in villanelle near the water...I more gilda and I think I will get the aquafarm too in the water near my house.

I'm happy considering the craziness that was the land grab.
smile.png

Saban_sl

shitlord
Wish i had gotten a large farm sooner. Still working on the large scarecrow quest. Thats currently the only farm available?

Saban_sl

shitlord
What are some strong ranged pvp builds? currently playing outrider (Battlerage, shadowplay, archery) with a melee focus. Thinking of dropping battlerage for vitalism and getting used to being more ranged focused.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

If someone were to place a small farm in the middle of our village (which is huge, like 200 houses huge) there'd be no way for us to force someone to move. We could put in way more effort than it's worth to blockade a person from being able to use their farm or we might be able to pressure them by putting a lot of effort to hunt down their guild mates. But ultimately that would be very unlikely to cause a player to capitulate to us. We could buy them out, but I don't think we'd care enough. They'd have their farm in the middle of our village and would basically just be a neighbor to us.

This question points to what I think is a big problem with ArcheAge. The game is all about resource and land control and the best PvP is focused around resource and land control. But there's no way to conquer territory so the best you can do to compete against an enemy is temporarily deny them access to their land. When you do this you are gaining nothing and they are losing nothing. Except time. That you're losing too.

I wish they would open a PvP server that had a way to conquer homes, but that isn't on the roadmap or the scope of the game.

As for people joining after, I think the value of placing land in PRX village is not immense enough to warrant trying to push everyone else around. I think people will be happy to get land anywhere and except in a few places it's currently gone.

Pironin_sl

shitlord
So I've not purchased a head start or anything like that. But how hard would it be for someone completely new giving the game a whirl on it's actual release. Would I be struggling at all?

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Showing just over 3 hours right now. Crashed at the wrong time I guess. Dropped down to just under 2 hours fast though. Will likely be an hour or so maybe a tad more in the end.

Another week or so of this and it should settle out some.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
never seen a 3hr queue on the most populated server (Kyrios).
Well I don't know what to tell you, it's said 1h 37min for the last 2 1/2 hours....also I've been DC'ed 3 times and had to start over. So you know, that's awesome. I've literally been trying to log into this damn game since 11am

moontayle

Golden Squire
Crashed. Hour and half queue. THEN I proceeded to crash while loading in.

This is just silly now. Head start my ass.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Showing just over 3 hours right now. Crashed at the wrong time I guess. Dropped down to just under 2 hours fast though. Will likely be an hour or so maybe a tad more in the end.

Another week or so of this and it should settle out some.
Still in 1213 to go showing 50m more. Posted the quoted right after I joined with 2600 or so

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Well I don't know what to tell you, it's said 1h 37min for the last 2 1/2 hours....also I've been DC'ed 3 times and had to start over. So you know, that's awesome. I've literally been trying to log into this damn game since 11am
hahaha *prays to the queue gods*