Archeage

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Hah, I really love this game. 10 minutes until server maintenance and nothing to do until then?

rrr_img_76690.jpg

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
This game has a lot of memorable hilarity. Had so much fun last night just rescuing a buddy stranded on freedich that had a trade pack. Everyone had left and he was surrounded by enemies at the priestess. It was like saving private Ryan in game

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the queues have greatly diminished in the last few days. Whether that's the typical week 2 slowdown where a lot of hardcore people are 50, have their intro gear, their land and are in the post-release stage, or that enough people quit because they were too surprised by release issues or because they fixed something fundamental in the queues I dunno.

They're also doing daily restarts which could be kicking off all the Oceanic/SEA population when they're asleep/atwork or something.

It could also be they cranked the max population to 11 and will just try lowering it down when their servers start shitting the bed.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm hoping that people see the queues are gone and stop sitting at character select. That should hopefully alleviate most of the queue issues. I could deal with 30 min queues for the next week if I had to.

It still doesn't solve the labor problem, so I'm not sure if that will end up bringing the queues back.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Why would you stop sitting at char select? There is still no incentive to not do it. I make sure once the server resets I log in before I go to school so it sits there all day.

edit- Let me edit by saying the reason I understand most people are sitting at char select is for the labor regen not to bypass the queue.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the persistent problem is that now that people are comfortable with having their PC running 24/7 to stay ahead of the queue, they're likely to continue to do so to get that labor.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
A lot of the queue was probably from the typical herding they do of the playerbase to get them to go to lower pop servers. That combined with launch rush and some stupid mechanics for rewarding afking created the clusterfuck. Will probably be a ton better now.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Doesn't bother me since I have my pc on 24/7 anyway, I rarely turn it off. Do people really turn their pc off a lot?

moontayle

Golden Squire
I theorized that the initial queues and the character select workaround made things worse than they actually were. It's hard to say without any real numbers behind it but it was clear that the character select workaround was an issue. When I was running around Saturday morning with hardly anyone on in the world and people in PRX chat talking about 1500 person queues at 8am in the morning, it made the problem extremely clear. Daily restarts are the best way to deal with it. Get people in the habit of just logging out instead of using the queue workaround.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah the persistent problem is that now that people are comfortable with having their PC running 24/7 to stay ahead of the queue, they're likely to continue to do so to get that labor.
I'm late to the party, but you can gain labor just sitting on the char select screen and not actually being 'in game'?

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm late to the party, but you can gain labor just sitting on the char select screen and not actually being 'in game'?
yessir, they haven't implemented a character select kick yet, they just opted to do daily restarts instead.

Needless to say I should be 50 by Friday just by logging in and dumping labor for 30 minutes. AfkAge.

Bruman

Golden Squire
I'm hoping that people see the queues are gone and stop sitting at character select. That should hopefully alleviate most of the queue issues. I could deal with 30 min queues for the next week if I had to.

It still doesn't solve the labor problem, so I'm not sure if that will end up bringing the queues back.
I would not say the queues are gone. Yesterday afternoon (like 3:30) I had a 30 minute queue. Played for an hour, ate supper, came back to a 2 hour queue.

It's not the insane crap of 5-15 hours, but 2 hours for "normal people with families" is a *lot* of your playtime for during the week.

But hey, I'm at 50 now, all I "have" to do each day is replant and burn off some labor.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The daily server restarts help a lot. If kicks all the macroers and char select people. Then these people don't get on until after their job, etc. So the unemployed/student/stay at home crowd has little to no queue between server up and around 4pm EST. For Kyrios at least.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The queue for Lucius at 7PM EST last night was about 45 minutes and that's for F2P, which isn't bad. Granted it's a new server so I'm sure it's probably in the 1-2 hour range for most others. One thing I like is if you get bounced from the server from some reason, it'll let you right back in if you relog soon after.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I would not say the queues are gone. Yesterday afternoon (like 3:30) I had a 30 minute queue. Played for an hour, ate supper, came back to a 2 hour queue.

It's not the insane crap of 5-15 hours, but 2 hours for "normal people with families" is a *lot* of your playtime for during the week.

But hey, I'm at 50 now, all I "have" to do each day is replant and burn off some labor.
Yeah 2 hours is still unacceptable, but it's a different scale than 12 hour queues.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Finally got ganked and my first trade pack taken today and I now vow to destroy them every time I see them, lol. First time I have felt anything in an MMO in awhile.

Bellicose_sl

shitlord
Finaly made pirate . got killed 48min in jail.. oh well gets outta jail .. made it halfway outta the city got ganked and ended up with another 48min jail sentence .. seriously ?