Archeage

Vitality

HUSTLE
Doesn't that happen with any MMO release around here? I'm certainly having more fun with ArcheAge than I did Wildstar, and Wildstar certainly had it's vocal supporters.
The Rerolled wildstar community did some great things in that game. Wildstar also didn't put the 11 hour queues on its playerbase.

Also there aren't refund status updates on every page after release like there is in this thread.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I didn't last in wildstar for more than a week. It just didn't do it for me, reminded me too much of WoW and if I wanted WoW I can go play it. I am certainly enjoying Archeage more and I won't lie it could just be because this is the first MMO in recent memory that my group of gaming friends has decided we want to play.

Xevy

Log Wizard
This game is very different from Wildstar. Near opposites, really. This one has 'nothing' to do at high level except what you decide to do. Wildstar has a bunch of stuff at 50 to do that people hated because they felt like they had to do it/couldn't do it alone.

They're like mirror games.

Also LOL @ only true MMO comment. Come on.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Every MMO that gets launched is praised like hell around here the first week or two and then the honeymoon ends and the thread dies a slow death. We'll see how long the honeymoon lasts for this.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did some swashbucking tonight with some nice setup (1 galleon, 1 clipper and 15 people). We killed some people, robbed them from their tradepacks and destroyed their ships. We also seen 2 Merchants Ships packed but they flew. The fact that you have to work together to pilot the galleon with the radar guy announcing incoming ships is quite exciting and rewarding, you PvP for gain and guild pride. This game won't last years, but right now it's a blast, especially if you have a nice engaging guild who's willing to PvP.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
12 person queue at 7pm EST.

The people who got so frustrated by the queue a few days ago and quit are clowns who shouldn't play MMO releases.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hope you're right, Tuco. I'm heading home here in a few minutes. Like I said earlier, I had a 2.5 hour queue last night at around this same time.

Edit: 65 person queue. Apparently it's because there's a fucking 5 minute afk timer in game. That's just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Uzi_sl

shitlord
3rd in que, took 2minutes to get in. The ques on this one were a bit high but damn, the crying, and now its fixed.

moontayle

Golden Squire
They made the AFK timer really really short so now you can get in easy because 5 minutes before you get kicked is like a trip downstairs to get something to eat. It'll be fixed of course. Too aggressive, but damn those salty tears.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Funny that a 5 minute afk timer is dumb, but really if there's no queue there shouldn't be a problem with it.

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
I just created a non-patron char on Kyrios, 17 in queue took 4 minutes to get in.

I didn't even play 5 minutes before I thought to myself "WOW, WTF did PRX do??" Faction chat is absolutely teeming with hatred towards them. I thought you guys were Anti-PK, no?

sebur

Bronze Squire
From what I understand they are but imagine if you had one guild owning most of the good land and pretty much had everything they wanted? I could see a bunch of people being mad over that.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I just created a non-patron char on Kyrios, 17 in queue took 4 minutes to get in.

I didn't even play 5 minutes before I thought to myself "WOW, WTF did PRX do??" Faction chat is absolutely teeming with hatred towards them. I thought you guys were Anti-PK, no?
We are anti, there's a vocal minority, but I measure our success based on how often I hear people in shout asking PRX to come kill reds. Which happens pretty much anytime reds seem to ruck up in eithre Hasla or Ynystere.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's cheaper to farm gold and buy them from AH. Anyone who can read can make at least 10-20g / day on a 16x16 farm. Of course to get lvl50 crafter gear you have to farm a lot of stuff but it's feasable since turnover is already happening, people quitting the game and giving their land to friends so they can sell it.
What do you plant on your farms to make good money? I might be able to make 10-20g planting and selling Aspen on my farms, but I feel like there might be more. Everyone I ask tells me to do my own research on the AH, haha.

sebur

Bronze Squire
What do you plant on your farms to make good money? I might be able to make 10-20g planting and selling Aspen on my farms, but I feel like there might be more. Everyone I ask tells me to do my own research on the AH, haha.
Some might be assholes telling you that but I think it is the truth. I mean for one I wouldn't want to tell you how I am making money either lol. That being said it really is going to depend on the demand of the AH and what is needed. I know on my server wood isn't that bad on prices so I couldn't make that much since a lot of the bigger guilds are in motion already doing there thing having merchant boats built already and what not. We are in talks with one of them to get them to buy us plans since we have gold and they have gilda. They get like 200 gilda a day.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You basically want to plant today what's gonna be high tomorrow. On my server wood / grapes / avocados / peanuts sell well, but it really depends of your AH cluster, it requires some flair, that's why people playing with AH are so secretive. Also unprotected farming (like planting forests in hidden places) allows you to sell a lot more volumes than just 8x8 + 16x16 farms with Thatched House. Are you having a guild effort regarding lvl44 crafted gear ? Because it requires a shitload of materials from different professions and most people don't understand how crafting works beyond lvl44 (Conqueror Tier). Right now without crafting the "best" gear is Hasla / Karkasse quest gear + Hasla weapons. And believe me you'll need people with nice armor gear soon because farming T1 Hasla weapons is pretty fast and dumb compared to how much costs a full lvl44 gear.

What some people here don't seem to understand is that Archeage is guild based. Guild warfare in this game, if you're playing on a server with active community, is pretty good. Spying other guilds' shit like unprotected farms, late night tradepack runs, roaming the seas looking to mug people, AH control, ressource control really motivate going through leveling. If you're playing Archeage alone it's fine, only at some point you're gonna miss most of the fun and also gonna get ganked and robbed like a little bitch. You can even get scammed,it's allowed. Having this kind of "freedom" in a MMORPG feels nice. Of course the game has safe zones and protected spawn points, and it has obvious flaws, but right now, I'm quite confident than for at least the next couple of months, I'm gonna have fun every night killing people and robbing them. We even crafted the scaphandre suit so our dedicated diver can go to the bottom of the sea getting fallen tradepacks faster. Fun.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You basically want to plant today what's gonna be high tomorrow. On my server wood / grapes / avocados / peanuts sell well, but it really depends of your AH cluster, it requires some flair, that's why people playing with AH are so secretive. Also unprotected farming (like planting forests in hidden places) allows you to sell a lot more volumes than just 8x8 + 16x16 farms with Thatched House. Are you having a guild effort regarding lvl44 crafted gear ? Because it requires a shitload of materials from different professions and most people don't understand how crafting works beyond lvl44 (Conqueror Tier). Right now without crafting the "best" gear is Hasla / Karkasse quest gear + Hasla weapons. And believe me you'll need people with nice armor gear soon because farming T1 Hasla weapons is pretty fast and dumb compared to how much costs a full lvl44 gear.
We don't have a guild effort beyond having specific crafters for each profession. I don't know of any good strats to earn tons of money with 50+ people that you couldn't do with 5+ people.

And there's also GHA gear that's better than the kark/hasla armor.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Some might be assholes telling you that but I think it is the truth. I mean for one I wouldn't want to tell you how I am making money either lol. That being said it really is going to depend on the demand of the AH and what is needed. I know on my server wood isn't that bad on prices so I couldn't make that much since a lot of the bigger guilds are in motion already doing there thing having merchant boats built already and what not. We are in talks with one of them to get them to buy us plans since we have gold and they have gilda. They get like 200 gilda a day.
What are you thinking of spending on a merchant ship plans?