Archeage

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
We have 30k+ crafters for all gear and weapons already. They've already been pumped up.
You still wanting shrooms sent your way? I'm way too lazy to harvest them multiple times a day but I can keep sending a batch that I grab with my trees once a day.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think I've come up with a good strategy to make money. Find someone who makes good money from farming and selling stuff and just copy whatever their crop of the day is. Bonus points if it's something like bees and I can plant it and then come back to it every so often and not have an hour of crop cycling every day.

Cybsled

Plant coral then. I can only average 1 or maybe 2 tier-2 or tier 3 jewelry combines a day because of that ;p.

Also, why the hell is hasla shield rolled on by everyone? I swear I don't see that many sword n' shields in the groups I'm in.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Most Archers (Primeval, Stone Arrow) use it, also most healers too (Clerics / Templar / Hierophants).
Most everyone in my guild uses a shield. If you're a caster just throw a club/scepter on. Done. Block is too good to not have.

Cloth armor + shield + smart defensive skills = a lot of nastiness averted.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Plant coral then. I can only average 1 or maybe 2 tier-2 or tier 3 jewelry combines a day because of that ;p.

Also, why the hell is hasla shield rolled on by everyone? I swear I don't see that many sword n' shields in the groups I'm in.
I don't have a water farm. Is coral expensive? I need it for some oils (I know small glossy oil for farmer's workbench uses like 20 red coral).

Pohx Kappa in one of his daggerspell guides seemed to advocate shield and sceptre. I guess when you're wearing cloth and have terrible physical defense, it really helps. I did 5v5 arena yesterday and got absolutely raped by melee classes. It probably didn't help that my team sucked and wouldn't focus on a target. I think we lost 29-6 or something.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
theres almost no reason to use a 2h weapon right now rather than a 1h and shield.

I think I've come up with a good strategy to make money. Find someone who makes good money from farming and selling stuff and just copy whatever their crop of the day is. Bonus points if it's something like bees and I can plant it and then come back to it every so often and not have an hour of crop cycling every day.
How do you know who makes good money?

Anyway, best way I've found if you're somewhat more casual and and can spare labor is to convert up to lumber/stone/etc from raw mats and sell high. I can make 4-5g profit per 500 labor which seems alright. Bonus points since I don't actually have to leave the AH. You could up profits a bit more if you harvest/mine yourself or sell off the AH.

sebur

Bronze Squire
My issue as a daggerspell is finding a 1h weapon worth a shit. So for now, I'm just getting my Hasla staff.
I am with you. I can't find a good 1h to save my life and boy am I feeling it when melee gets the jump on me, I am usually dead within 1 cc if I can't get away.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
How do you know who makes good money?
Good question.

Re: Fortitude tokens: Even the people hoisting around a staff probably think having a 1h + shield is a possibility down the line, so they'll snag up a decent shield to put in the bank. I'd love to exchange my hasla staff for a decent sceptre and shield.

Also a 2 minute queue at 8pm EST, makes me laugh thinking that three days ago that would be a 12 hour queue because of all the afkers.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I downloaded their Glyph launcher, and attempted to add Archage just to fuck around as a F2P leech, but nope. Hasn't worked in a few days, some 401 error on their own launcher. I attempted to add it via their online 'store', but I cant just download the client, the 'client' is just Glyph which.... doesn't let me add ArchAge, thus the circle of fail is complete.

TrainWreck1.gif

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I downloaded their Glyph launcher, and attempted to add Archage just to fuck around as a F2P leech, but nope. Hasn't worked in a few days, some 401 error on their own launcher. I attempted to add it via their online 'store', but I cant just download the client, the 'client' is just Glyph which.... doesn't let me add ArchAge, thus the circle of fail is complete.

TrainWreck1.gif
Yeah. This is probably their fault and not something with your setup.

Good question.
A lot of farm 'profits' also revolve around how willing you are to be dedicated to the game. I have some grapevines planted now which work well, but fuck having to come online every 4.5 hrs to harvest them. I'm sure someone is building a spreadsheet that optimizes price vs tree size vs harvests/day.

Even my Hornwoods on the public nursery I can only manage to harvest 2x/day.

Opimo_sl

shitlord
A lot of farm 'profits' also revolve around how willing you are to be dedicated to the game. I have some grapevines planted now which work well, but fuck having to come online every 4.5 hrs to harvest them. I'm sure someone is building a spreadsheet that optimizes price vs tree size vs harvests/day.

Even my Hornwoods on the public nursery I can only manage to harvest 2x/day.
I built one of those spreadsheets in Alpha. I even built a production planner that optimized plant / harvest times based on a real life schedule. So if you wanted to say, harvest 100 wood for a large farm, but could only had certain hours during the day to play, it would tell you which trees to plant and when to minimize idle farm capacity.

Unfortunately it was a Google docs spreadsheet on someone elses account in a guild that I kind of toppled. Since I do this shit at work full time, I kind of lost the will to rebuild it.