Archeage

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Questing in general is usually boring but its mind numbing in this game because there is no variety to any of it. Its the same kill x of this mob or collect x of this item.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Last night I finally decided to do some major crafting to level up my alt trees. I had some worker's comp potions, a vocation tonic, and 5000 labor. In the end I spent about 6950 labor on doing those tailor sleeves (1 dust). I was pretty disappointed when my Auramancy which was already lvl 30 only got to like lvl 41, and the other two trees which started from scratch just barely cracked 30.

If that's what you call a good use of time, that's fucking retarded. 7000 labor is a ton, plus it cost a significant amount of money (evenstones, wedges, fabric, and the potions).
Labor pots are super cheap and the general consensus is you use hereafter stones to level which depending on your server stone can be super cheap. To be perfectly honest with you I do not want to level and will not level any alts by questing any more. At that point in time I was also doing tradepack runs, dungeons, pvp etc on my main so I had labor going to waste cause I didn't care enough to craft so my alt got leveled.

I was actually racing to 50 on my main until about 40/41 when I just couldn't deal with the shit exp from questing any more and proceeded to afk gain labor and level up the rest of the way off that labor. Someone mentioned there being a ton more time spent getting that labor which doesn't make it that good. I don't look at it that way because I was not going to level any more if I had to quest and I may have even quit. So for me, I took 1 hour to gain a couple of levels is how I feel about it as I was off playing other games. That shit questing just doesn't do it for me any more especially when it is boring uninspired quests. I mean fuck, if mob exp was worth a damn I would have done grinding vs questing.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
The questing is terrible but at least there are other options to break it up. Be nice if pvp was one though.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
These are MMORPG's not MMOMOBAs... and plenty of people play them to enjoy the levelling experience and advancing their character and whatnot.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Remember when people complained Wildstar's questing/leveling was awful.

Welcome to the real Hell. Best mitigated by logging on every 2 days burning all your labor and logging off.

Lvl 50 gameplay I don't think is quite where people think it is either, unless you're in a massive guild. Otherwise you're fucked. Opening Auroria will help greatly since that will give people major targets to unify against/for. Right now at 50 you're either playing merchant shipmasters, farmer John, or 'warm-body #32' of the PvP zerg. Pirating on the seas is fun, but it's very much an ecosystem of newbies being eaten by normies, eaten by pro pvpers, eaten by zerg pvpers. IE: 3 people running trade packs get owned by 5-7 people looking for trade packs. Who are then owned by 15 people looking for tradepacks. Who are then subsequently owned by 40 people with 2 clippers and 2 galleons looking to fuck anything and everything up. Though if you're good and you skate by any of these predators it can make for decently thrilling gameplay.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I actually prefer the weak collect 10 bear ass quests over complicated bullshit that usually just amounts to "Hey run over there and click that thing". Just point me at a group of mobs and let me smash them...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'll go against the grain and say boring leveling is a necessity to develop an attachment to your character. Progession in all its forms is healthy even if it sucks
smile.png
I kind of disagree with this because I know from experience that I don't start really getting to know my character until I hit max level, get all the skills, start to get gear and learn how to play the character properly.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I kind of disagree with this because I know from experience that I don't start really getting to know my character until I hit max level, get all the skills, start to get gear and learn how to play the character properly.
What're you talking about? Obviously holding down the 3 key and hitting 4 every 10 seconds for 15 hours of gameplay is how I learn to love a game. I taught those bandits a thing or two! Which bandits? ALL OF THOSE BANDITS!

sebur

Bronze Squire
These are MMORPG's not MMOMOBAs... and plenty of people play them to enjoy the levelling experience and advancing their character and whatnot.
I did as well, until I hit 40. As it was I noticed a huge slow down from 30-40 and then I was done. All my friends I played with noticed the same thing and hated it. I told them about crafting hereafter stones and they never quested again. I don't know if it is the game play, the environment, I just notice the exp more or what but I have never had this problem in WoW even when rushing through alts to level them. Part of me wants to believe its the lack of exp scaling from mobs (which I assume is to prevent aoe specs blowing through levels by aoeing large packs down) as you get jack shit for killing mobs at later levels.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
The difficulty of mobs ramps up after 30 its not the xp necessarily but you go from cleaning house to possibly dying after 30 so there is actually downtime

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
At a minimum it's 42 hours to accumulate 5k labor, but that's only if you're online. It was more realistically probably 4 days. So essentially it was 11 levels in 4 days. Doesn't sound so awesome anymore. Cutting it down with labor pots doesn't even work because of the long cooldown. You're still talking 24+ hours for those 11 levels.
Yeah that's true for a single char. I keep 3 alts in case I ever need a ton of labor on demand (8K in 12 hours).

Cybsled

Tuco, toss some starshards my way please if you're mine master with them ;p My supply is running out
wink.png

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I've had issues with them coming in a timely fashion from time to time. I'd check the account email just in case.
It may even be my gmail. I sent something to myself earlier but trying to mail from my cellphone to my gmil isn't working either

sebur

Bronze Squire
The difficulty of mobs ramps up after 30 its not the xp necessarily but you go from cleaning house to possibly dying after 30 so there is actually downtime
It is both actually. The exp is terrible per mob and depending on your class there is still no chance to die. I just had to chug mana pots and food like crazy to have little to no downtime. The real problem is the crafting scales better than the questing/mob exp. It only took me 1 extra hereafter stone per level to make it to the next. So if it took me 30 stones to get to 35 it took me 31 to get to 36. Way better than questing.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
It is both actually. The exp is terrible per mob and depending on your class there is still no chance to die. I just had to chug mana pots and food like crazy to have little to no downtime. The real problem is the crafting scales better than the questing/mob exp. It only took me 1 extra hereafter stone per level to make it to the next. So if it took me 30 stones to get to 35 it took me 31 to get to 36. Way better than questing.
You're basically replacing your time though, you're using hereafter stones to level but masonry is a pointless skill to level, you'll have to make up all that labor later *if* you're planning on making your own armor and weapons. Which is basically the meat of endgame gearing assuming you don't have someone else to craft it which is a risk in a game that allows scamming.

High end gear is very expensive and depending on what you're comfortable wearing as far as rarity and stats can be many many crafts.

Edit: basically what I'm saying is I agree with you but you should be using leather working metal working or whatever weapons are instead, it's not that much more.
smile.png

Edit2: forgot tailoring

sebur

Bronze Squire
You're basically replacing your time though, you're using hereafter stones to level but masonry is a pointless skill to level, you'll have to make up all that labor later *if* you're planning on making your own armor and weapons. Which is basically the meat of endgame gearing assuming you don't have someone else to craft it which is a risk in a game that allows scamming.

High end gear is very expensive and depending on what you're comfortable wearing as far as rarity and stats can be many many crafts.

Edit: basically what I'm saying is I agree with you but you should be using leather working metal working or whatever weapons are instead, it's not that much more.
smile.png

Edit2: forgot tailoring
Ah, well I didn't plan on making any of my own gear. I am just going to farm a shit load of gold and buy it. That was at first glance anyway due to not knowing if there is a easy way to farm archeum.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Did some hereafter stone grinding tonight. Purchasing Raw Stone and going from there and a Vocation pot I burn through 3700 or so labor and got around 2 levels. I got to find some cheap raw stone again. I barely lost any gold honestly so a few gold was worth the cost of levels. Just need to find more raw stone for cheaps and get more labor. Now I'm level 39. This might take a while.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
30-40 definitely felt worse than 40-50, and I've heard others say the same thing. Just grind through those quests, you'll get some decent gear and jester's coinpurse. Then start farming your Hasla weapon before 50, you'll get mob xp while doing it and it's pretty much mandatory for a good weapon until you have lots of gold.

Asherah

Silver Knight of the Realm
Remember when people complained Wildstar's questing/leveling was awful.
Not sure why, but I found leveling in Wildstar a lot worse. Mixing questing (with friends) and crafting made leveling quick and painless for me in this game.