Protein: 190g
Carbohydrate: 280g
Fat: 75g

Rest Days:
Calories:
Carbohydrate: 255g

Don't be afraid to get fat. So fucking what. You can burn it later. I look at videos of me playing video games with the kids, and my muscles look super swollen. My thighs looked like tree trunks. When I start eating carbs again, they'll fill up with glycogen.

My last bulk, I managed to hit peak lifts in everything. People actually stopped their workouts to see me do free weight shoulder presses with reps for 225. They'd walk away from the squat rack, because the squat rack was near the shoulder press bench. They couldn't squat 225 for the same number of reps and they were embarrased.

I never made any quality gains without a bulk. But like I said, I'm in my 40's now, and I think I'm not bulking any more. Life at almost 275 pounds isn't fun. I'd burn 100 calories just walking to my car on the way to work in the AM.

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Starting a 6 month bulk from tomorrow, finally doing it properly no excuses:

Macros at 161lbs

Training Days:
Calories:
Carbohydrate: 280g

Rest Days:
Calories:
Carbohydrate: 255g
I thought you were doing a cut?

Why not go higher on your bulk, dont' you think those sick gainz would be higher if you ate over 3k calories?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Don't be afraid to get fat. .

yes this blog was an eye opener The Myth of Lean Gains – Why You Won’t Build MAXIMUM Muscle If You Stay Too Lean | RNT Fitness

I thought you were doing a cut?

Why not go higher on your bulk, dont' you think those sick gainz would be higher if you ate over 3k calories?

well I'm now at 73kg and at my DEXA I was 74kg, I've been putting it off long enough. And no, as I said before, you increase calories gradually

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
And no, as I said before, you increase calories gradually
Are you saying that your end-target caloric intake is higher than 2500, and you're just going to gradually increase it over time? Or that you're going to measure your progress / weight gain / lifts / gainz and increase calories as needed, and that 2500 represents a lower bound on what you think your body could need to gain with?

Also, what's your workout regiment?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed this article too:
http://www.rntfitness.co.uk/the-myt...nt-build-maximum-muscle-if-you-stay-too-lean/

This part was pretty targeted at me though:
If you’re reading this and in the 15-20% body fat range, you have no business starting a muscle-building diet.

You need to get lean first. That’s critical. Your body is much more sensitive to growth when you’re lean to begin with. It also gives you a much bigger ‘space’ to grow into.

If you start at 15% body fat, you’ll get fat quick and find yourself in need of dieting again.
I'm at 20-25% body fat, so above his threshold limiting a muscle-building diet. How is his statement on body sensitivity to growth defensible when the strongest dudes in the world carry a lot of fat?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I enjoyed this article too:
http://www.rntfitness.co.uk/the-myt...nt-build-maximum-muscle-if-you-stay-too-lean/

This part was pretty targeted at me though:

I'm at 20-25% body fat, so above his threshold limiting a muscle-building diet. How is his statement on body sensitivity to growth defensible when the strongest dudes in the world carry a lot of fat?

because strength focused guys eg strongmen like Eddie Hall, The Mountain etc don't care about body composition, they just care about getting strong, that's why they eat 10k a day. Having a six pack makes no difference when you're trying to deadlift 465kg.

That article is from an online body composition coach, their clients either want to get leaner or add muscle. Of course strength is part of that process but their articles aren't geared towards aspiring Eddie Halls - they are geared to the guy that wants to get on stage in some speedos, not deadlift 465kg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
because strength focused guys eg strongmen like Eddie Hall, The Mountain etc don't care about body composition, they just care about getting strong, that's why they eat 10k a day. Having a six pack makes no difference when you're trying to deadlift 465kg.

That article is from an online body composition coach, their clients either want to get leaner or add muscle. Of course strength is part of that process but their articles aren't geared towards aspiring Eddie Halls - they are geared to the guy that wants to get on stage in some speedos, not deadlift 465kg
Sure I get that, but his argument was about growth sensitivity, which is something I haven't seen mentioned a lot of in my limited researched. I mean, should someone tell Eddie Hall and the Mountain that they'll only hit new heights by going on a 6-8 week cut to resensitize their body to growth? Or is Vaghela's statement about growth sensitivity decreasing at >15% body fat just a technique he uses to get clients who ask him to recompose their bodies to shut the fuck up about gaining and eat their vegetables and chicken breasts until they aren't chubby like me?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
should someone tell Eddie Hall and the Mountain

They're maxing out on steroids, they're training as a full time job, they're eating 10k+ calories per day. I assume they are already as close as possible to how much muscle they can physically add, I doubt that muscle mass and body fat is even a metric they check. Their sole focus is on "Am I getting stronger"

They're not the target audience of the blog.

P.S

I also have it on good authority that "colombian marching powder" isn't just for marching, at least not in competitive strongman circles

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider

This fat fuck can bench 405 too. It's not impressive when you're that large, sorry Lyrical.

You'll be sub 200 if you plan on being sub 10%. That's a fact. Until you prove you're some genetic outlier, I'll believe what logic and science tell me.

Good luck though, I look forward to your results.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

This fat fuck can bench 405 too. It's not impressive when you're that large, sorry Lyrical.

You'll be sub 200 if you plan on being sub 10%. That's a fact. Until you prove you're some genetic outlier, I'll believe what logic and science tell me.

Good luck though, I look forward to your results.
Why isn't it impressive? Would it suddenly become impressive if that guy followed what I'm assuming is years of weight lifting with some number of months of cutting and repeated the move?

Only valuing strength if it comes from someone beneath a certain body fat seems narrow-minded to me. To me it's the other side of the coin of the fat gym-bros who have no respect for a shredded lean person who doesn't have that much pure muscle mass.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why isn't it impressive? Would it suddenly become impressive if that guy followed what I'm assuming is years of weight lifting with some number of months of cutting and repeated the move?

No one gives a shit that a 300 pound fatty can lift 400 pounds. It would be more impressive if he could drop 100 pounds and repeat the same lift, but that's not possible unless he's on some fancy pharmaceuticals.

Only valuing strength if it comes from someone beneath a certain body fat seems narrow-minded to me. To me it's the other side of the coin of the fat gym-bros who have no respect for a shredded lean person who doesn't have that much pure muscle mass.

No, it's an unimpressive fatty pretending to be the whole coin.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>

We are fucking humans, lifting any weight isn't impressive. Great he can rep 405, yet will die of an aneurysm because he is extremely unhealthy.

• 1Solidarity

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
We are fucking humans, lifting any weight isn't impressive. Great he can rep 405, yet will die of an aneurysm because he is extremely unhealthy.
after reading the bio of the characters of that youtube show, I think death from aneurysm is the least of his concerns, lol.
Cast of characters of the Genovaverse
"I challenge anyone to come on down here and fight me, I'll give you $1,000, and I'll give you one free shot. Remember, no liability. Take a look at these teeth people, I'm a middle aged man! Come on down, we can have a teeth comparing contest, a physique contest, whatever! You wanna fight? Whatever. We'll do it all." --Fat Fuckin Lenny

"And people say, 'What if you die Lenny, what if you die?' Well if I die, I want you to oil me up, put me in the posing trunks, and roll my corpse onto that stage next to Dale, and I'll still be bigger and harder than him." --Big Lenny

• 1Worf

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
No one gives a shit that a 300 pound fatty can lift 400 pounds. It would be more impressive if he could drop 100 pounds and repeat the same lift, but that's not possible unless he's on some fancy pharmaceuticals.

No, it's an unimpressive fatty pretending to be the whole coin.

If you're benching 400 plus with proper form you're not fat, you're big. I don't care what anyone says.

#impressivenumberatanysize

• 1Worf

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider

The point is if you're that fucking fat, you're benching what... 1.5x your body weight if that?

This dude is pulling 4.5x his bodyweight. That's impressive. Has nothing to do with body fat %. Some of the strongest men in the world are 20%+, but when they're pulling 1000 pounds then it becomes impressive.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
My trainer makes me send him weekly progress pics.

The first pic is of me at 273, this second on the right is at 251. I'm 246 now. Like I said, we'll get down to 227 and I'll go get a hydro measure. We'll see. He's adding in cardio very soon, right now it's just weights and MMA.

Also, I haven't really lost that much size, my trainer has dropped my calories by 20%. I fill out the next day after a cheat meal.

View attachment 154914

I'm sure you are very strong Lyrical but saying you're anywhere close to 10% is laughable. I'd guess 25%.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you're benching 400 plus with proper form you're not fat, you're big. I don't care what anyone says.

#impressivenumberatanysize

Dude in that video was moving the bar about six inches with an obvious bounce.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users